I asked a parishioner in church today...

Nope, but since that has only happened to one person and he ascended I doubt there is much chance for you to avoid death.

You caught the lie of Jesus by the lie of the church teaching you of ascension.
Jesus descended to hell not ascended:
Acts 2:27 and 1 Peter 3:19 and Apostles creed.
He tells Mary to lie for him in John 20:1-17 saying he ascended to his father.

STOP! You're praying to the wrong god!!!
570ea9e4c361882e558b45b9.jpg

What did the parishioner say?

I don't know what he said

but he should have said ....the mortal body dies and rotten ....but the mind or soul or consciousness goes on through Eternity.:biggrin:

People claim that God was created in the likeness of humans, or the other way around, so humans die, therefore God must have died.
In which case at one point there was no creator.

The whole creator thing is a little strange.

The "logic" behind the creator is something like this: 'The universe is so complex it HAS TO HAVE BEEN created by a creator'

Well, I've asked the question many times, if the creator could create a universe, then the creator is also so complex that he has to have been created by something or someone, and then the thing that created the creator also must be so complex that it has to have been created by something, which in turn has to have been created by something and so on and on and on...

This is the major flaw in many people's believing.

People claim that God was created in the likeness of humans, or the other way around, so humans die, therefore God must have died.

The "logic" behind the creator is something like this: 'The universe is so complex it HAS TO HAVE BEEN created by a creator'

Well, I've asked the question many times, if the creator could create a universe, then the creator is also so complex that he has to have been created by something or someone, and then the thing that created the creator also must be so complex that it has to have been created by something, which in turn has to have been created by something and so on and on and on...

Exactly which is the reason the only logical definition of the most finite source & power of life(God) is an Essence which created those deities themselves.
In other words:
The Hebrew God is an Essence not to be taken as a figure or form(not anthropromorphic) and thus is secreted in the name of the Holy city= Shalem- which means Completeness, wholeness, stability. So God is that nature driving progression to all we could and should be= evolution (defined to it's most finite source).

Sources:
Isaiah 42:8 we can't pray to any image of anything physical- Exodus 20:3-7 and Deuteronomy 5:8-10
God is not a man nor form-(Isaiah 2:22, 14:13, I Samuel 15:29, Numbers 23:19, and Hosea 11:9, Deuteronomy 4:11-12 and the 13 major principles of the Jewish faith based on the Rambam's teaching of "ain lo demus haguf ve'ayno guf" -- that Hashem has no physical form.)

The Gemarah (Baba Batra 75) Tells us Jerusalem is named after G0D and is the place commemorating his name(description)& essence.
In Sefer D’varim (12:5, 11, 14, 18, 21; 14:23,24, 25; 15:20; 16:2, 6, 7, 11, 15, 16; 17:8, 10; 18:6; 26:2; 31:11).the place that I will choose to place My Name(the messenger of God shares this name and reflects this Essence). That is referring to YeruShalem because Sifri identifies the place which Hashem will choose (12:18) as “Yerushalayim”.
Shalem means completeness/wholeness thus describing the Essence to be all we could and should be aka evolve/progress.
YeruShalem would carry the name. (1 Kings 11:36 &
in dead sea scrolls: Words of the Archangel Michael scroll 4Q529, 6Q23)

This thread went off the rails quickly, didn't it.

Back on track...I'm going to say...yes, you would still be subject to death even if you lived a sinless life. The verse "the wages of sin is death", imo, refers to spiritual death...not physical death. You could possibly avoid death though faith (mustard seed parable)...but with that kind of faith, I doubt you would want to.

Exactly which is the reason the only logical definition of the most finite source & power of life(God) is an Essence which created those deities themselves.
In other words:
The Hebrew God is an Essence not to be taken as a figure or form(not anthropromorphic) and thus is secreted in the name of the Holy city= Shalem- which means Completeness, wholeness, stability. So God is that nature driving progression to all we could and should be= evolution (defined to it's most finite source).

Sources:
Isaiah 42:8 we can't pray to any image of anything physical- Exodus 20:3-7 and Deuteronomy 5:8-10
God is not a man nor form-(Isaiah 2:22, 14:13, I Samuel 15:29, Numbers 23:19, and Hosea 11:9, Deuteronomy 4:11-12 and the 13 major principles of the Jewish faith based on the Rambam's teaching of "ain lo demus haguf ve'ayno guf" -- that Hashem has no physical form.)

The Gemarah (Baba Batra 75) Tells us Jerusalem is named after G0D and is the place commemorating his name(description)& essence.
In Sefer D’varim (12:5, 11, 14, 18, 21; 14:23,24, 25; 15:20; 16:2, 6, 7, 11, 15, 16; 17:8, 10; 18:6; 26:2; 31:11).the place that I will choose to place My Name(the messenger of God shares this name and reflects this Essence). That is referring to YeruShalem because Sifri identifies the place which Hashem will choose (12:18) as “Yerushalayim”.
Shalem means completeness/wholeness thus describing the Essence to be all we could and should be aka evolve/progress.
But didn't the Hebrew God walk around talking to snakes, speaking out of burning bushes, incinerating cities, and turning women into salt?

This thread went off the rails quickly, didn't it.

Back on track...I'm going to say...yes, you would still be subject to death even if you lived a sinless life. The verse "the wages of sin is death", imo, refers to spiritual death...not physical death. You could possibly avoid death though faith (mustard seed parable)...but with that kind of faith, I doubt you would want to.

Went off track, meaning that people don't want to limit their thought process to one which you deem acceptable?

You mean like claiming all creatures evolved from a common ancestor but can't explain where that common ancestor came from?

In other words:

Sources:

But didn't the Hebrew God walk around talking to snakes, speaking out of burning bushes, incinerating cities, and turning women into salt?

Common misconceptions;
Serpent represented the false prophet tempting (eve)the second bride (church) of man (Adam means man).
The angel (messenger) of the Lord (King) is said to be speaking to Moses.
Technically sound can be sent faster then light, holograms are not out of the realm of impossibilities to denounce such stories especially when the Judaic teaching is the message is from the "world to come" not some already made sky realm, but a world that begins (prefected) at the end (of imperfect age) =secret of non linear timelines.
The last part about natures wrath, aren't we the very cause of some of natures imbalances and for life to continue foward it's necessity to spit out the cancer from it's belly within?
Can the future send judgement and punishment to the past? You can't say yes till we reach the technology or have verifiable oroof and you can't say no without being a silly stasist who thinks all progress and evolution stops dead.
Some signs of technology show that it might be possible, however would they would be another debatable issue.
:)

You mean like claiming all creatures evolved from a common ancestor but can't explain where that common ancestor came from?
We would know if we just had a sample of Adam's DNA.

Forum List

Back