I am shocked the jurors are not sequestered in the Manafort trial.

They should also be in Cohens as well. I could not believe they had the gull to ask to leave early on Friday.

They should be sequestered and only allowed to watch movies on DVD on their TV's, no papers, no computers, no cable news.

Since they are not, they should be followed to make sure someone is not threatening them , or offering to pay them off.

If the jury is hung I suspect that is what happened. I can't believe this.

You are shocked about the wrong thing.

The shocking aspect is that the Mueller team is handling a simple tax case. This should have been referred to a local agency. Instead, it has turned into a Stalniesque show trial. That is what has put the jury at risk. Shame on Mueller.

Not so simple and a lot of big names are involved, DJT comes to mind. No Mueller needs to follow the money and that is what he is doing, its not a simple tax case, Manafort was campaign manager for Trump.

Trump says Manafort is a good person, birds of a feather flock together.
This trial is not concentrating on Manaforts role in the campaign
The trial next month will get into more of that

They should also be in Cohens as well. I could not believe they had the gull to ask to leave early on Friday.

They should be sequestered and only allowed to watch movies on DVD on their TV's, no papers, no computers, no cable news.

Since they are not, they should be followed to make sure someone is not threatening them , or offering to pay them off.

Yep, the building is crawling with reporters and likely Russians with wads of cash.
It's a travesty

The shocking aspect is that the Mueller team is handling a simple tax case. This should have been referred to a local agency. Instead, it has turned into a Stalniesque show trial. That is what has put the jury at risk. Shame on Mueller.

Not so simple and a lot of big names are involved, DJT comes to mind. No Mueller needs to follow the money and that is what he is doing, its not a simple tax case, Manafort was campaign manager for Trump.

Sorry to disappoint, but Trump has absolutely nothing to do with Manafort's consulting business and tax problems, and Manafort's short period of being a campaign manager has nothing to do with either. Now, Tony Podesta's links to hiLIARy Clinton and the Uranium One scandal would be something worth investigating, but Tony was granted immunity for doing the same things for which Manafort is being pro-persecuted.

I am still pretty fuzzy about what his conviction or not will prove to the pumped up partisans. Why would anyone be threatening them? I'm honestly asking. I'd appreciate a non-bullshit answer.

Manifort's charges are more than a "simple" tax issue.

See: Paul Manafort’s Trial Starts Tuesday. Here Are the Charges and the Stakes.

and,

Another trial looms for Manafort and prosecutors have a new set of charges

I hope these links answer your very appropriate questions.

It's likely most of the members of the jury have smart phones, even if sequestered they would have access to the outside. Unless the Court made them surrender their phone to the court. That would outrage any jury.

They have taken the oath to follow the Courts Instructions. If they violate these rules, they risk being charged with perjury.

You're correct, the system is not perfect, but it remains the (IMO) the best system of jurisprudence.

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is proof that leaves you with an abiding conviction that the charge is true. The evidence need not eliminate all possible doubt because everything in life is open to some possible or imaginary doubt

Thanks, you're clearly a legal guy, but last time I did jury duty, we checked our phones at the door and picked them up each night on the way out. And that was just a two day trial.

Why on earth would you think they are being bribed or threatened?

One of the jurors claimed they WERE threatened.
The judge also - He's currently under US Marshall protection
Judge in Manafort Trial Says He Won't Identify Jurors After Receiving Threats

Sorry to disappoint, but Trump has absolutely nothing to do with Manafort's consulting business and tax problems, and Manafort's short period of being a campaign manager has nothing to do with either. Now, Tony Podesta's links to hiLIARy Clinton and the Uranium One scandal would be something worth investigating, but Tony was granted immunity for doing the same things for which Manafort is being pro-persecuted.

I am still pretty fuzzy about what his conviction or not will prove to the pumped up partisans. Why would anyone be threatening them? I'm honestly asking. I'd appreciate a non-bullshit answer.

Manifort's charges are more than a "simple" tax issue.

See: Paul Manafort’s Trial Starts Tuesday. Here Are the Charges and the Stakes.

and,

Another trial looms for Manafort and prosecutors have a new set of charges

I hope these links answer your very appropriate questions.

From your second link, I'm sure the press does not know who they are, after all they are allowed to be free as can be. They turn into vapor when they leave the jurors room.LOL.

On Friday, Ellis denied a motion from media organizations to make public the names of the jurors in the trial, saying he has faced "criticism and threats" and doesn't want the same for jurors. He said that he needed the protection of U.S. Marshals because of his involvement in the trial.

Jonathan Turley (no lefty - OFTEN defends the Orange Turd) said on Morning Joe today that the evidence in the next trial makes the evidence in this one look scant.

LOL, this response ^^^ and its attack on HRC is off topic and an effort to derail the facts detailed in the two indictments of Manifort.

The "Uranium One Scandal" is another fraud in line with all of the efforts to assassinate the character of The Clinton's: ethically evil and always a failure.

No, Uranium One investigation has not led to an indictment

Mistrials can occur for many reasons:

· death of a juror or attorney

· an impropriety in the drawing of the jury discovered during the trial

· a fundamental error prejudicial (unfair) to the defendant that cannot be cured by appropriate instructions to the jury (such as the inclusion of highly improper remarks in the prosecutor's summation)

· juror misconduct (e.g., having contacts with one of the parties, considering evidence not presented in the trial, conducting an independent investigation of the matter)

· the jury's inability to reach a verdict because it is hopelessly deadlocked.

How Courts Work | Public Education

Why on earth would you think they are being bribed or threatened?

One of the jurors claimed they WERE threatened.
The judge also - He's currently under US Marshall protection
Judge in Manafort Trial Says He Won't Identify Jurors After Receiving Threats
It would really be interesting to know what the threats were about and from whose supporters, although anyone mad enough to threaten anyone over this is a nutcase anyway.

Jonathan Turley (no lefty - OFTEN defends the Orange Turd) said on Morning Joe today that the evidence in the next trial makes the evidence in this one look scant.
Manafort should have taken a deal

But Trump will declare he was unfairly tried and pardon him

What if he didn't know anything?

What if he didn't know anything?

Possible but not probable IMHO OL. Crooked Paul was there during a pretty Russia intense 5 months of the campaign.
And he and Trump have a butt-ton of common Russian Mafia and other shady connections.

Forum List

Back