I am shocked the jurors are not sequestered in the Manafort trial.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
They should also be in Cohens as well. I could not believe they had the gull to ask to leave early on Friday.

They should be sequestered and only allowed to watch movies on DVD on their TV's, no papers, no computers, no cable news.

Since they are not, they should be followed to make sure someone is not threatening them , or offering to pay them off.

If the jury is hung I suspect that is what happened. I can't believe this.

I don’t blame them for wanting to go home for the weekend.

Do most juries have to work the weekend until they are finished?
Manafort is accused of white collar crime. I don’t know if juries are sequestered for that

There are 18 counts and it is somewhat a technical case, so it will take a while.

They should also be in Cohens as well. I could not believe they had the gull to ask to leave early on Friday.

They should be sequestered and only allowed to watch movies on DVD on their TV's, no papers, no computers, no cable news.

Since they are not, they should be followed to make sure someone is not threatening them , or offering to pay them off.

Well aren’t you just the perfect little totalitarian?

But but but how will they meet with the Russians if they are sequestered?.....

It's likely most of the members of the jury have smart phones, even if sequestered they would have access to the outside. Unless the Court made them surrender their phone to the court. That would outrage any jury.

They have taken the oath to follow the Courts Instructions. If they violate these rules, they risk being charged with perjury.

You're correct, the system is not perfect, but it remains the (IMO) the best system of jurisprudence.

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is proof that leaves you with an abiding conviction that the charge is true. The evidence need not eliminate all possible doubt because everything in life is open to some possible or imaginary doubt

Why on earth would you think they are being bribed or threatened?

You are shocked about the wrong thing.

The shocking aspect is that the Mueller team is handling a simple tax case. This should have been referred to a local agency. Instead, it has turned into a Stalniesque show trial. That is what has put the jury at risk. Shame on Mueller.

Gee I don't know? Are there any Russians or Manafort's groupies around, we know of one, DJT.? All it takes is ONE person.

The shocking aspect is that the Mueller team is handling a simple tax case. This should have been referred to a local agency. Instead, it has turned into a Stalniesque show trial. That is what has put the jury at risk. Shame on Mueller.
I am still pretty fuzzy about what his conviction or not will prove to the pumped up partisans. Why would anyone be threatening them? I'm honestly asking. I'd appreciate a non-bullshit answer.

Not so simple and a lot of big names are involved, DJT comes to mind. No Mueller needs to follow the money and that is what he is doing, its not a simple tax case, Manafort was campaign manager for Trump.

Trump says Manafort is a good person, birds of a feather flock together.

I am still pretty fuzzy about what his conviction or not will prove to the pumped up partisans. Why would anyone be threatening them? I'm honestly asking. I'd appreciate a non-bullshit answer.

They are acting out because they hoped he would flip and fabricate lies that Trump colluded with the ROOOSIANS. A mistrial without a proper verdict is likely their back up plan to keep the Fog of Coup alive.

It's likely most of the members of the jury have smart phones, even if sequestered they would have access to the outside. Unless the Court made them surrender their phone to the court. That would outrage any jury.

They have taken the oath to follow the Courts Instructions. If they violate these rules, they risk being charged with perjury.

You're correct, the system is not perfect, but it remains the (IMO) the best system of jurisprudence.

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is proof that leaves you with an abiding conviction that the charge is true. The evidence need not eliminate all possible doubt because everything in life is open to some possible or imaginary doubt
I think a sequestered jury loses all access to outside news sources
That would include cell phones and internet

I doubt most juries today could survive a month without their phones

Trump's recent statements are clearly directed to the jury or their family. Equating the jurors to those who testified against women in the Salem Witch Trials is a conclusion which can impact an individual juror's "common sense", something also a part of the Court's Instructions to the jury.

Not so simple and a lot of big names are involved, DJT comes to mind. No Mueller needs to follow the money and that is what he is doing, its not a simple tax case, Manafort was campaign manager for Trump.

Trump says Manafort is a good person, birds of a feather flock together.

Sorry to disappoint, but Trump has absolutely nothing to do with Manafort's consulting business and tax problems, and Manafort's short period of being a campaign manager has nothing to do with either. Now, Tony Podesta's links to hiLIARy Clinton and the Uranium One scandal would be something worth investigating, but Tony was granted immunity for doing the same things for which Manafort is being pro-persecuted.

I think a sequestered jury loses all access to outside news sources
That would include cell phones and internet

I doubt most juries today could survive a month without their phones

My wife can't go an hour without her phone or computer.

There is going to be a mistrial and Mueller will NEVER go near Manfort again.
100% guaranteed.

Forum List

Back