I am running for Congress

Winston

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2016
North Carolina
10th district, North Carolina, Patrick McHenry is retiring. Republican, in one of the reddest districts in the country. I am taking the seat, as a Democrat. My theme song,

Gerrymandered district, I will raise funds out of Asheville. Then bring it home. McHenry was the ultimate Republican solider, but he did nothing for the good people of the tenth district. Two generations, since a democrat has held this seat. "Only trying to school you", that will be my purpose. Filing this week, stay tuned.

10th district, North Carolina, Patrick McHenry is retiring. Republican, in one of the reddest districts in the country. I am taking the seat, as a Democrat. My theme song,

Gerrymandered district, I will raise funds out of Asheville. Then bring it home. McHenry was the ultimate Republican solider, but he did nothing for the good people of the tenth district. Two generations, since a democrat has held this seat. "Only trying to school you", that will be my purpose. Filing this week, stay tuned.

You should have made a sock account and announced it from there.

Dumb ass.

But good luck to you.

It certainly is how winning is done, even if I don't necessarily agree with you about much. Being about it is, as always, greater than talking about it.

I haven't actually read many of your posts, though, to be honest.

Last edited:

This is too stupid for Satire, but it doesn't belong in here for sure.
The tenth district of North Carolina is populated by good people. The "salt of the earth" as my dad told me at my grandfather's funeral. These people work hard, they live hard, and they deserve someone that represents them, not representing the big businesses, the finance companies, the organizations that will fleece every dime out of them they can.

I mean come on, Congress is replete with individuals that have no damn clue as to what it is like to be a normal American in today's economy. I doubt one in five of the Congress members knows the price of milk, or gas for that matter. They reside in their ivory tower and somehow believe they are qualified to make decisions that impact everyday Americans.

Rather you know it or not, a Congressman primary responsibility is to show up, at the designated location, and call people, or organizations, to raise money. Piss on that, that is pay to play if their ever was pay to play. I will refuse, I will raise my money through Youtube and Facebook and they can pound sand if they think I am going to spend one minute in their call center. Hell, I might be wrong, but it is past time someone challenged that initative.

I can't wait to read your platform!

Good luck. I don't really believe in luck. Hard work is a safer bet

Why are you running, for what purpose?

What do you hope to accomplish?

Oh.

A lot more can be done as a lobbyist sometimes than an elected official. It is a direction to keep in mind if the campaign doesn't work out.

Why are you running, for what purpose?

What do you hope to accomplish?
To Keep America. Period. That is it. To Keep America. At the forefront, income inequality. The foundation, Georgism.

What has destroyed every previous civilization has been the tendency to the unequal distribution of wealth and power. Henry George, 1879

If we don't immediately address the expanding gap between the rich and the poor there won't be an America around long enough to worry about any damn global warming cliff in 2050. And while I doubt we can adopt a single "land tax", as Georgism implies, we can certainly revamp the tax code, at both the federal and state level.

Step one, tax all income the same, across both individual and corporate entities. No more special, cheap tax rates, for capital gains. No more special tax breaks for energy companies, fossil fuel or renewable. Everyone, and every company, competes on a level playing field.

We have fifty states in this union, and every damn one of them has a regressive tax system. That has to come to an end. While eliminating the sales tax would be optimum, at least eliminating special taxes, on cigarettes, alcohol, and all the other "sin" taxes.

Rent seeking has got to stop. And I will make it my mission to educate the voters of the tenth district as to what rent seeking really is. Believe me, these people really are the salt of the earth. The median age is right at 43. Median income a little shy of $36,000 a year. Median household income is a little shy of $65,000 a year. Hell, what does that tell you? You got a bunch of middle-aged couples slugging it out in low-wage jobs. Tell me, who represents THEM? It sure as hell ain't Republicans, worried about transgender athletes and preventing a woman with a non-viable pregnancy from getting an abortion even though carrying the baby to term endangered her life. I mean these are some sick mofos.

I bring one thing to the table. LIFE. That chromosomal abnormality that Kate Cox has in Texas. well my daughter-in-law and Son had a pregnancy with the very same chromosomal abnormality. The pregnancy was absolutely killing my daughter-in-law, and there was no chance the baby would survive the first year, probably not the first few hours.

Fentanyl overdose. Yeah, been there, done that, lost a son-in-law. Federal prisons, yep, got that covered too, a daughter, see the above about Fentanyl. Food stamps, living in poverty, yep, been there, done that. Mental depression and suicide, yeah, another son-in-law. I mean damn, I have three daughters, the oldest 37, and two of them are widows. WTF? Single parent, raising three kids, yep, been there, done that. Honestly, with six kids, there isn't much I haven't experienced. One thing is for damn sure, I ain't never lived in a silver tower. And that is the thing, neither have the people of the tenth district.

And that is just it. I have managed to make it work. Like I said, I have six kids, one with MS and on disability. She has a child with autism, he is absolutely amazing. But pretty sure the other five all make more money than me, ain't that the way it is supposed to be, ain't that the way it used to be? Maybe I should steal Trump's slogan, "Make America Great Again", because when the next generation is better off than the previous generation, well that has always been the American way. Except today, it usually doesn't turn out that way. Time we took the steps necessary to make that happen again. After all, you either change and adapt, or you die.

Oh, I see that this was moved to Political Satire.

So it's just some entertaining bullsugar, then?

Forum List

Back