"I Am Outraged" DC Bishop Denounces trump's Visit To Church After Police Clear Protesters With Tear Gas

This was last evening at around 6:30pm. I watched it live. The crowd was peaceful and was never asked to disperse. The police just started with the tear gas.

Imagine having 60 Secret Service agents being injured over the weekend. Imagine having protesters... heh "protesters" tearing down barricades meant to keep them away from the White House complex. Imagine that type of unruliness happening over and over until proper force is applied.

The time for words passed when these "protesters" decided to engage in aggressive tactics.

Force with force. That's it. That's all.

But were they peaceful or were they engaging in aggressive tactics at the time of the action? That is not clear.
It is clear, the Park Police cleared them out not even knowing President Trump would be coming. The “protesters” were throwing things at the cops, and climbing buildings in the area. They refused to move after being told repeatedly to move back.
Then Park police moved them back.
it is clear now, is it? Some 20 priests disagree. But I'm sure you'd say they were throwing bricks.

Unfortunately...with these kinds of actions...all of Trump's desired symbolism has kind of backfired.

What I don't understand is this....usually outings by a president are well planned in advance and the way cleared. Understandably, there likely couldn't be a LOT of advance time for this, due to the fast pace of events, but still - there could have been a 12 hour window, at least, to set things up. Move people, clear the area, and create an understanding with the relevant clergy. I don't understand why that did not happen here.

The Arch Bishop has more of a problem with the President calling for Law and Order, than she does with the rioters that tried to burn down her church.

That is the problem, specifically in this case and generally speaking with that level of hate and hysteria.

Neither of them is Trump's fault.
The Arch Bishop has more of a problem with the President calling for Law and Order, than she does with the rioters that tried to burn down her church.
There's a lesson in her mindset if you cared to see it.

I think I see the lesson fine. Her culture is insane and suicidal. It is part and parcel of the decline of our civilization.
I think I see the lesson fine. Her culture is insane and suicidal. It is part and parcel of the decline of our civilization.
Yes! That's it. It has nothing at all to do with caring more about your fellow man than a building or a president's vanity.

Correct. If it was something like that, the people physically hurt by the riots, and the violence, would be what she was talking about.

She is a marxist pretending to be a religious leader, to gain power and a platform to spread lies from.
You are truly deranged. :cuckoo:
A lunatic who sees everything as political.

The Arch Bishop is the one making this political, not me, hell, not even Trump (in this specific case).

He is not my president. I disown him and I repudiate him. He should never bring his filth to St. John's. No matter what your faith, you do not defile a place of worship.

tenor.gif

Well, for all you people who are saying Episcopalians aren't "real Christians" because they allow women to serve as priests and bishops, what about the Catholics? Are they "real Christians" or not?

The reason I ask, is because today when Trump went to a Catholic shrine for another photo op, the archbishop said that the Catholics didn't want him there either, because he's using their religious sites as a political tool.

And, I agree. Religion should never be politicized like Trump is trying to do.

In his statement, Gregory noted the legacy of Pope John Paul II, suggesting he would not have condoned Trump’s actions, including his walk to St. John’s on Monday as hundreds of demonstrators nearby were protesting the death of George Floyd last week in the custody of the Minneapolis police. Once he got to the church, the president held a Bible aloft and news crews recorded the moment.

“Saint Pope John Paul II was an ardent defender of the rights and dignity of human beings. His legacy bears vivid witness to that truth," Gregory said. "He certainly would not condone the use of tear gas and other deterrents to silence, scatter or intimidate them for a photo opportunity in front of a place of worship and peace.”

Well, for all you people who are saying Episcopalians aren't "real Christians" because they allow women to serve as priests and bishops, what about the Catholics? Are they "real Christians" or not?

The reason I ask, is because today when Trump went to a Catholic shrine for another photo op, the archbishop said that the Catholics didn't want him there either, because he's using their religious sites as a political tool.

In his statement, Gregory noted the legacy of Pope John Paul II, suggesting he would not have condoned Trump’s actions, including his walk to St. John’s on Monday as hundreds of demonstrators nearby were protesting the death of George Floyd last week in the custody of the Minneapolis police. Once he got to the church, the president held a Bible aloft and news crews recorded the moment.

“Saint Pope John Paul II was an ardent defender of the rights and dignity of human beings. His legacy bears vivid witness to that truth," Gregory said. "He certainly would not condone the use of tear gas and other deterrents to silence, scatter or intimidate them for a photo opportunity in front of a place of worship and peace.”

1. religion has always been involved in politics. Your pretense otherwise is silly.

2. Any church that is against Law and Order and siding with violent murderous mobs, is not "real Christians",

1. religion has always been involved in politics. Your pretense otherwise is silly.

2. Any church that is against Law and Order and siding with violent murderous mobs, is not "real Christians",

Nobody is against law and order, they just don't want their churches being used as political props.

The DC police clubbed two Australian TV reporters during yesterday's police riot.

What a great international ambassador for American police thuggery Trump is!

So Trump used riot police and tear gas to clear peaceful protesters from a church way, just so he can go take a P.R. photo. Disgusting.
The U.S.A is really no different than China. Trump and Conservatives always want to make their country more like China. China is passing a law that makes insulting the national anthem illegal. Which is what Trump wanted to do when the football players were taking a knee in protest during the US anthem. And now Trump want to send in the military to be a tough guy against people exercising their democratic right to protest. How is that different than Hong Kong?

The Rev. Mariann Budde, whose diocese St. John's belongs to, said she was "outraged" by Trump's visit and noted that he didn't pray while stopping by the church, a landmark known for its regular visits from sitting presidents since the early 19th century.
He didn't come to church to pray, he didn't come to church to offer condolences to those who are grieving, he didn't come to commit to healing our nation – all the things we would expect and long for from the highest leader in the land.

Get Trump out of office now before he burns down the entire country!!!
No tear gas used, but keep up with the lie. I guess the church is more offended about Trump coming over than the people that tried to destroy their place of worship. A church with that kinda hatred for their fellow man, isn't a church.

This Bishop dude don't know Jesus, baby!

Trump knows Jesus!

Trump knows Jesus better than ANYBODY!

:rock:

You've just shown that you don't know much about this story. The bishops name is Mariann Edgar Budde, and she's not a dude, she's a female.

Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington said Monday she is "outraged" after President Donald Trump's visit to her church without advance notice to share "a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus."
Her pointed comments came after the President walked from the White House to the house of worship used by American presidents for more than a century. Peaceful protesters just outside the White House gates were dispersed with tear gas, flash grenades and rubber bullets. It was all, apparently, so Trump could visit the church.

Which means she can't even be a real bishop according to the real version of Christianity.

But sure, the Church of Satan disapproves of Trump, no questions there. President Trump is far too close to God and America.
BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Man, you need to stop doing drugs. It's given you serious brain damage.

Satan is using serial adulterer, daily false witness, Donald Trump as a test to see just how far off the path of righteousness he can lead people like you.

"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

This Bishop dude don't know Jesus, baby!

Trump knows Jesus!

Trump knows Jesus better than ANYBODY!

:rock:

You've just shown that you don't know much about this story. The bishops name is Mariann Edgar Budde, and she's not a dude, she's a female.

Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington said Monday she is "outraged" after President Donald Trump's visit to her church without advance notice to share "a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus."
Her pointed comments came after the President walked from the White House to the house of worship used by American presidents for more than a century. Peaceful protesters just outside the White House gates were dispersed with tear gas, flash grenades and rubber bullets. It was all, apparently, so Trump could visit the church.

Which means she can't even be a real bishop according to the real version of Christianity.

But sure, the Church of Satan disapproves of Trump, no questions there. President Trump is far too close to God and America.
BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Man, you need to stop doing drugs. It's given you serious brain damage.

Satan is using serial adulterer, daily false witness, Donald Trump as a test to see just how far off the path of righteousness he can lead people like you.
You loons started that with Kennedy way back when. Trump asked for forgiveness and has done more for Christians than any president that I remember.

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds. - 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

Or as the pathological liar would say, "Two Corinthians".

trump-daniels.jpg

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds. - 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

That was obama! He said he was a Christian, but proved himself to be a Muslim! THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT! WOW!

That was obama! He said he was a Christian, but proved himself to be a Muslim! THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT! WOW!
Presto! A Trumptard steps forward to bear false witness.

I honestly do not know how these submissive, spineless cucks can stand the stench of their own hypocrisy.

I really don't.

Wow................just more proof that if someone says something against Trump, his followers will attack them without reservation.

Never thought I would see so many people getting their knickers in a twist over a bishop criticizing the president, but here we are.

Yup. It's cultish isn't it? Not everyone but enough.

It does not sound like these religious appreciate their space and faith being used for political points by someone who can't even be bothered to come in and share prayer.

Forum List

Back