"I Am Outraged" DC Bishop Denounces trump's Visit To Church After Police Clear Protesters With Tear Gas

Apparently someone chose to close his eyes to "peaceful" rioters burning a church and attacking the white house.

In other words, good luck with that.
They were not rioting when Trump had them attacked to make way for his blasphemous photo.

How were you going to make them move? Ask politely?

Peaceful protests are sometimes, seemingly, a guise for a riot later on in the night. You must assume these tactics are in play by the agitators even during the day.

The time for diplomacy has passed. The time for speaking softly has passed. No tolerance.

Also, were you expecting the president to walk into a mob of protesters? Or were you hoping he would for a negative outcome?
Peaceful protests are sometimes, seemingly, a guise for a riot later on in the night.
Or peaceful protestors are just that while rioters are rioters.

Peaceful protesters are the ones who set churches on fire while rioters are the ones who kill people?
Peaceful protesters are the ones who set churches on fire while rioters are the ones who kill people?
Yeah, that's it, dope.
The church burned on Fri or Sat.
This was last evening at around 6:30pm. I watched it live. The crowd was peaceful and was never asked to disperse. The police just started with the tear gas.
Curfew wasn't in effect either. But Trump wanted to get to St. John's for a photo op. So he used the cops to start a riot. And Arlington removed its cops from DC today.

We are getting to conspiracy section stuff. Used cops to start a riot?

Dude, get the fuck out of here, your 13 year old teenager girl snark belongs elsewhere.
Well the protestors were attacked on Trump's order.

Attacked?

Can you prove that? A chemical, non toxic, and non-lethal irritant is not an attack, it is a method of dispersal.

Google the "continuum of force"
Well that's what the priest said before she was expelled.

At approximately 6:40 pm, police suddenly began to expel peaceful demonstrators from the park, firing tear gas and flash grenades to disperse the crowd.

Gerbasi said that a short time later, police in riot gear started "pushing on to the patio of St. John's," and that people around her began crying out in pain, claiming to be shot with non-lethal projectiles

Okay, so do we know what the priest was doing? Was she engaging in protesting or performing her duties as a woman of the cloth? The police actions against the protesters would rely on the behavior of the protesters, not her specifically.

This was last evening at around 6:30pm. I watched it live. The crowd was peaceful and was never asked to disperse. The police just started with the tear gas.

Imagine having 60 Secret Service agents being injured over the weekend. Imagine having protesters... heh "protesters" tearing down barricades meant to keep them away from the White House complex. Imagine that type of unruliness happening over and over until proper force is applied.

The time for words passed when these "protesters" decided to engage in aggressive tactics.

Force with force. That's it. That's all.

But were they peaceful or were they engaging in aggressive tactics at the time of the action? That is not clear.
It is clear, the Park Police cleared them out not even knowing President Trump would be coming. The “protesters” were throwing things at the cops, and climbing buildings in the area. They refused to move after being told repeatedly to move back.
Then Park police moved them back.
it is clear now, is it? Some 20 priests disagree. But I'm sure you'd say they were throwing bricks.

Unfortunately...with these kinds of actions...all of Trump's desired symbolism has kind of backfired.

What I don't understand is this....usually outings by a president are well planned in advance and the way cleared. Understandably, there likely couldn't be a LOT of advance time for this, due to the fast pace of events, but still - there could have been a 12 hour window, at least, to set things up. Move people, clear the area, and create an understanding with the relevant clergy. I don't understand why that did not happen here.

The Arch Bishop has more of a problem with the President calling for Law and Order, than she does with the rioters that tried to burn down her church.

That is the problem, specifically in this case and generally speaking with that level of hate and hysteria.

Neither of them is Trump's fault.
The Arch Bishop has more of a problem with the President calling for Law and Order, than she does with the rioters that tried to burn down her church.
There's a lesson in her mindset if you cared to see it.

I think I see the lesson fine. Her culture is insane and suicidal. It is part and parcel of the decline of our civilization.

Now, to all of those priests and bishops getting upset by what Trump did yesterday:

“For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12).

Imagine having 60 Secret Service agents being injured over the weekend. Imagine having protesters... heh "protesters" tearing down barricades meant to keep them away from the White House complex. Imagine that type of unruliness happening over and over until proper force is applied.

The time for words passed when these "protesters" decided to engage in aggressive tactics.

But were they peaceful or were they engaging in aggressive tactics at the time of the action? That is not clear.
It is clear, the Park Police cleared them out not even knowing President Trump would be coming. The “protesters” were throwing things at the cops, and climbing buildings in the area. They refused to move after being told repeatedly to move back.
it is clear now, is it? Some 20 priests disagree. But I'm sure you'd say they were throwing bricks.

Unfortunately...with these kinds of actions...all of Trump's desired symbolism has kind of backfired.

What I don't understand is this....usually outings by a president are well planned in advance and the way cleared. Understandably, there likely couldn't be a LOT of advance time for this, due to the fast pace of events, but still - there could have been a 12 hour window, at least, to set things up. Move people, clear the area, and create an understanding with the relevant clergy. I don't understand why that did not happen here.

That is the problem, specifically in this case and generally speaking with that level of hate and hysteria.

No one was trying to burn down her church yesterday. Its not really any way to know if Sun's fire was arson or the result of "pyrotechnics" both sides employed..

What? That God doesn't care if people steal and burn other folks property down>

I wonder if Templar Kormic has ever been teargassed? I have, once in boot camp, and then a couple of times while part of the Security Force. Yes, while it is non lethal, you can still get injured by it. Whenever we had tear gas training, we were told the day before and advised to wear glasses and not contacts on that day. Why? Because the gas would stick to the contacts, and if not removed immediately, could result in eye damage.

And....................it's a hell of a lot more uncomfortable than most think when you go through it the first time. But, I have seen people that have been able to build up a tolerance to it, and that person was the Gunny that ran the Security Force. I was amazed, because while the rest of us were choking and having copious amounts of snot come out our noses, the Gunny just stood there with his arms folded and no mask. Amazed the hell out of me.

I always got the impression that Jesus (and by default God) didn't care that much about property but about people.

This Bishop dude don't know Jesus, baby!

Trump knows Jesus!

Trump knows Jesus better than ANYBODY!

:rock:

You've just shown that you don't know much about this story. The bishops name is Mariann Edgar Budde, and she's not a dude, she's a female.

Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington said Monday she is "outraged" after President Donald Trump's visit to her church without advance notice to share "a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus."
Her pointed comments came after the President walked from the White House to the house of worship used by American presidents for more than a century. Peaceful protesters just outside the White House gates were dispersed with tear gas, flash grenades and rubber bullets. It was all, apparently, so Trump could visit the church.

Apparently someone chose to close his eyes to "peaceful" rioters burning a church and attacking the white house.

In other words, good luck with that.
They were not rioting when Trump had them attacked to make way for his blasphemous photo.

How were you going to make them move? Ask politely?

Peaceful protests are sometimes, seemingly, a guise for a riot later on in the night. You must assume these tactics are in play by the agitators even during the day.

The time for diplomacy has passed. The time for speaking softly has passed. No tolerance.

Also, were you expecting the president to walk into a mob of protesters? Or were you hoping he would for a negative outcome?
Peaceful protests are sometimes, seemingly, a guise for a riot later on in the night.
Or peaceful protestors are just that while rioters are rioters.

You obviously lack a tactical mind. Rioters can easily exploit peaceful protests to slip in and cause chaos later in the night after curfews have gone into effect.
You obviously lack a tactical mind. Rioters can easily exploit peaceful protests to slip in and cause chaos later in the night after curfews have gone into effect.

You obviously lack a mind at all. That was not happening.

All I need do is google footage of the riots to prove you wrong.
All I need do is google footage of the riots to prove you wrong.
Do it.
There were no riots near the WH yesterday evening at 6:30pm.Only peaceful protestors.

Fool.

You don't do it for the current situation, you do it to prevent the same situation that occurred prior from happening again.

Now, answer this:

Were any of the protesters injured? Were any of them hurt?

No?

Then mission accomplished. Message sent and delivered.
Fool.

You don't do it for the current situation, you do it to prevent the same situation that occurred prior from happening again.
Oh, I see. So every protest should be dispersed with tear gas or whatever just in case they were planning on getting riotous?

WTF?

Yeah, no. That's not what I said. Law enforcement relies on a pattern of behavior. Three nights of unruly, riotous behavior at or near the White House warrants the teargas. You can't assume they won't do that during the day. We refer to that as taking pre-emptive measures.

Please try to grasp the concept. Or not. Your choice to be, or not to be ignorant is your choice.
You can't assume they won't do that during the day. We refer to that as taking pre-emptive measures.
We don't need to assume they wouldn't be violent because they weren't violent at all.

Every day is a new day. These aren't the same people out there all day and night every day for the most part.

Trump knows Jesus!

You've just shown that you don't know much about this story. The bishops name is Mariann Edgar Budde, and she's not a dude, she's a female.

Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington said Monday she is "outraged" after President Donald Trump's visit to her church without advance notice to share "a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus."
Her pointed comments came after the President walked from the White House to the house of worship used by American presidents for more than a century. Peaceful protesters just outside the White House gates were dispersed with tear gas, flash grenades and rubber bullets. It was all, apparently, so Trump could visit the church.

Which means she can't even be a real bishop according to the real version of Christianity.

But sure, the Church of Satan disapproves of Trump, no questions there. President Trump is far too close to God and America.

I always got the impression that Jesus (and by default God) didn't care that much about property but about people.

That is only because they didn't talk about the years he spent as a carpenter and what happened when some street punk tried to steal his tools while he was working.

Trump knows Jesus!

Which means she can't even be a real bishop according to the real version of Christianity.

But sure, the Church of Satan disapproves of Trump, no questions there.

So, Episcopalians aren't "real" Christians because they allow females to be bishops? Depends on the denomination as to who they allow to be preachers and bishops, not you.

I think I see the lesson fine. Her culture is insane and suicidal. It is part and parcel of the decline of our civilization.
Yes! That's it. It has nothing at all to do with caring more about your fellow man than a building or a president's vanity.

Trump knows Jesus!

But sure, the Church of Satan disapproves of Trump, no questions there.

So, Episcopalians aren't "real" Christians because they allow females to be bishops? Depends on the denomination as to who they allow to be preachers and bishops, not you.

I think it has more to do with the way that liberal politics, in this world, is more important than the spiritual journey of the flock to the afterlife, is why they are not real Christians.

That's it. You figured it out.

Yes! That's it. It has nothing at all to do with caring more about your fellow man than a building or a president's vanity.

Correct. If it was something like that, the people physically hurt by the riots, and the violence, would be what she was talking about.

She is a marxist pretending to be a religious leader, to gain power and a platform to spread lies from.

You know, there was a time that God's Chosen People (the Jews), started to use God's power as a tool, and relegated Him to just a relic. They ended up having a really bad time for awhile because God decided that if the Jews were going to treat Him as an object and not the Creator He is, He was going to abandon them and let them fend for themselves for a bit. Israel and the Hebrew nation fell on really hard times for awhile, until they started to recognize God for who He really is. And, if you want to read about it, it's in the book of Judges.

Trump would do well to read that part of the Bible, and realize that treating God as an object is a REALLY bad idea.

Forum List

Back