"I Am Outraged" DC Bishop Denounces trump's Visit To Church After Police Clear Protesters With Tear Gas

Imagine having a competent understanding of your native language. Like knowing the difference between peaceful protests and riots.

I do. Which is why I call for the restoration of law and order.

Imagine having a competent understanding of the law. Like knowing that committing arson and acts of violence and theft are against the law. Now, imagine that happening in our country's seat of power.

Are we going to embolden the agitators with a passive stance? Or will we deter them with a forceful stance?

Teargas is the medium between passivity and force. It is not pure force. I can show you examples of what true force is. I can show you examples of what unnecessary force is.

But what you liberals can't seem to do is understand when the situation calls for force and when it doesn't. Your inability to discern between riots and peaceful protests is why you have Hollywood celebrities donating money to bail out the same people causing this chaos.

I would prefer it if you didn't lecture me about my understanding of the English language. I have far more command over it than you would ever hope to have.

Last edited:
This was last evening at around 6:30pm. I watched it live. The crowd was peaceful and was never asked to disperse. The police just started with the tear gas.

Imagine having 60 Secret Service agents being injured over the weekend. Imagine having protesters... heh "protesters" tearing down barricades meant to keep them away from the White House complex. Imagine that type of unruliness happening over and over until proper force is applied.

The time for words passed when these "protesters" decided to engage in aggressive tactics.

Force with force. That's it. That's all.

The best part of it is the yapping gun nuts quit talking about a civil war. Now they just want Uncle Sam to squash the unruly.
It seems that the bottom 20% of blacks, whites and browns are already at war with the nation

I don't stipulate as to what constitutes the bottom 20%, but until they achieve equality before the law, they should be.
The bottom 20%. - including all races - are responsible for the poverty and dysfunctional neighborhoods they live in

Bad personal choices doom people to a life of poverty and crime

Former Commanders Fault Trump’s Use of Troops Against Protesters

Retired senior military leaders condemned their successors in the Trump administration for ordering active-duty units on Monday to rout those peacefully protesting police violence near the White House.

[snip]

Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, wrote on Twitter that “America is not a battleground. Our fellow citizens are not the enemy.”

And Gen. Tony Thomas, the former head of the Special Operations Command, tweeted: “The ‘battle space’ of America??? Not what America needs to hear … ever, unless we are invaded by an adversary or experience a constitutional failure … ie a Civil War.”

Police used tear gas to clear protesters from Lafayette park so Trump could take a photo at St. John's Church

Educate yourself
You need to educate YOURself. Federal military personnel were used.

You can see both federal troops and police in this video:

I'm thinkin ur a lil blind there Dilbert.

Then stop thinking. It's clearly not your forte.

Projection kid

So Trump used riot police and tear gas to clear peaceful protesters from a church way, just so he can go take a P.R. photo. Disgusting.
The U.S.A is really no different than China. Trump and Conservatives always want to make their country more like China. China is passing a law that makes insulting the national anthem illegal. Which is what Trump wanted to do when the football players were taking a knee in protest during the US anthem. And now Trump want to send in the military to be a tough guy against people exercising their democratic right to protest. How is that different than Hong Kong?

The Rev. Mariann Budde, whose diocese St. John's belongs to, said she was "outraged" by Trump's visit and noted that he didn't pray while stopping by the church, a landmark known for its regular visits from sitting presidents since the early 19th century.
He didn't come to church to pray, he didn't come to church to offer condolences to those who are grieving, he didn't come to commit to healing our nation – all the things we would expect and long for from the highest leader in the land.

Get Trump out of office now before he burns down the entire country!!!
peaceful protesters dont carry rocks and clubs and burn down buildings,,,
Or attack the police which is what they were doing,

You can't say "Trump" without thinking 'Christian!"
And ANOTHER dumbshit liberal lunatic chimes in. Hilarious!

He's quite the Bible-thumper.
Protesters attacked and tried to burn the church the night before trump went there

Then I guess the peaceful protesters the next day had it coming. I'm no student of the Bible, so I missed where The Prince of Peace said, 'get that scum out of here!' Quite a Revelation.
AND the liberal lunatic dumbshit chimes in AGAIN. Hilarious!
The Catholic archbishop of Wash and Episcopal bishop of DC agreed with joaquin.
Thats called stupid from top to bottom
Well, Jesus was a fool. No doubt about that
Jesus wasn't a self-righteous bishop, nor was he a catholic. Jesus had no denomination.

Let's remember that.

This was last evening at around 6:30pm. I watched it live. The crowd was peaceful and was never asked to disperse. The police just started with the tear gas.

Imagine having 60 Secret Service agents being injured over the weekend. Imagine having protesters... heh "protesters" tearing down barricades meant to keep them away from the White House complex. Imagine that type of unruliness happening over and over until proper force is applied.

The time for words passed when these "protesters" decided to engage in aggressive tactics.

The best part of it is the yapping gun nuts quit talking about a civil war. Now they just want Uncle Sam to squash the unruly.
It seems that the bottom 20% of blacks, whites and browns are already at war with the nation

I don't stipulate as to what constitutes the bottom 20%, but until they achieve equality before the law, they should be.

We have equality before the law. No one has an excuse to wage war against the rest of the nation.

Also, keep in mind, in a war, the other side will fight back.

I have to see if there's room on my Ignore list for anyone who is stupid enough to think there is equality before the law. With luck, I won't be getting back to you.

Former Commanders Fault Trump’s Use of Troops Against Protesters

Retired senior military leaders condemned their successors in the Trump administration for ordering active-duty units on Monday to rout those peacefully protesting police violence near the White House.

[snip]

Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, wrote on Twitter that “America is not a battleground. Our fellow citizens are not the enemy.”

And Gen. Tony Thomas, the former head of the Special Operations Command, tweeted: “The ‘battle space’ of America??? Not what America needs to hear … ever, unless we are invaded by an adversary or experience a constitutional failure … ie a Civil War.”

Police used tear gas to clear protesters from Lafayette park so Trump could take a photo at St. John's Church

Educate yourself
You need to educate YOURself. Federal military personnel were used.

You can see both federal troops and police in this video:

I'm thinkin ur a lil blind there Dilbert.

Then stop thinking. It's clearly not your forte.

Projection kid

What am I projecting, that you're a partisan ass? You did that on your own, genius.

We have equality before the law. No one has an excuse to wage war against the rest of the nation.

Also, keep in mind, in a war, the other side will fight back.

I have to see if there's room on my Ignore list for anyone who is stupid enough to think there is equality before the law. With luck, I won't be getting back to you.

Works for me.

I totally disagree. For a long time the right has acted like they own the flag, like they are the only ones who can define what it means to be proud, patriotic and love America.
Like michelle most libs will tolerate America when they get what they want

but break out in pure hate when they dont

Like you know what we think.

Not.
That's actually an interesting question as to what Michelle said, and what she may have meant to say. And what McConnell thinks the Obama election showed. But … another topic.

Trump`s doing a heck of a job. He brought back the 1918 pandemic, the 1929 Depression and now the 1968 riots. More Winning!
Democrats brought back those riots. Specifically the AG that promise police reform and blew it off.

However, since when is teargas a FIRST resort against American Citizens exercising their rights peacefully?

Curious, what would the alternative have been?

Let's say the cops used simple words to disperse the protesters. How many of them would actually listen? The cops would be largely ignored.

Let's say a line of cops with batons decided to push them back with standard baton jabs. The protesters could take that as an act of violence. The situation would soon spiral out of control and the cops would lose all control of the situation.

So, what would be more effective than the other two methods? Teargas. It causes non-lethal pain and acts as an irritant. It does what words and batons can't.

How do they normally move crowds out of an area - crowds that are peaceful? Just off of my head I know that horses are a very good help in that and the mounted police (which are numerous in DC) can move people.

I would think that having to move demonstrators (because there is always someone demonstrating somewhere) is a common thing - is teargas as a first resort common?

Did anyone think of approaching the clergy in attendance and asking them if they could help?

I do not know - the Forbes article might be one sided in how it was handled - that much isn't clear. I would be open to reading other sides to this from reputable sources.

But were they peaceful or were they engaging in aggressive tactics at the time of the action? That is not clear.
It is clear, the Park Police cleared them out not even knowing President Trump would be coming. The “protesters” were throwing things at the cops, and climbing buildings in the area. They refused to move after being told repeatedly to move back.
Then Park police moved them back.
it is clear now, is it? Some 20 priests disagree. But I'm sure you'd say they were throwing bricks.

Unfortunately...with these kinds of actions...all of Trump's desired symbolism has kind of backfired.

What I don't understand is this....usually outings by a president are well planned in advance and the way cleared. Understandably, there likely couldn't be a LOT of advance time for this, due to the fast pace of events, but still - there could have been a 12 hour window, at least, to set things up. Move people, clear the area, and create an understanding with the relevant clergy. I don't understand why that did not happen here.

The Arch Bishop has more of a problem with the President calling for Law and Order, than she does with the rioters that tried to burn down her church.

That is the problem, specifically in this case and generally speaking with that level of hate and hysteria.

Neither of them is Trump's fault.
The Arch Bishop has more of a problem with the President calling for Law and Order, than she does with the rioters that tried to burn down her church.
There's a lesson in her mindset if you cared to see it.

The bottom 20%. - including all races - are responsible for the poverty and dysfunctional neighborhoods they live in

Bad personal choices doom people to a life of poverty and crime

Some yes, some no. I didn't stipulate because that can't be judged strictly economically. A lot of people do the best they can, and they're still poor. A low-IQ man working 30 years at a minimum wage job deserves respect, no matter his money quintile.

Apparently someone chose to close his eyes to "peaceful" rioters burning a church and attacking the white house.

In other words, good luck with that.
They were not rioting when Trump had them attacked to make way for his blasphemous photo.

How were you going to make them move? Ask politely?

Peaceful protests are sometimes, seemingly, a guise for a riot later on in the night. You must assume these tactics are in play by the agitators even during the day.

The time for diplomacy has passed. The time for speaking softly has passed. No tolerance.

Also, were you expecting the president to walk into a mob of protesters? Or were you hoping he would for a negative outcome?
Peaceful protests are sometimes, seemingly, a guise for a riot later on in the night.
Or peaceful protestors are just that while rioters are rioters.

Peaceful protesters are the ones who set churches on fire while rioters are the ones who kill people?
Peaceful protesters are the ones who set churches on fire while rioters are the ones who kill people?
Yeah, that's it, dope.
The church burned on Fri or Sat.
Curfew wasn't in effect either. But Trump wanted to get to St. John's for a photo op. So he used the cops to start a riot. And Arlington removed its cops from DC today.

We are getting to conspiracy section stuff. Used cops to start a riot?

Dude, get the fuck out of here, your 13 year old teenager girl snark belongs elsewhere.
Well the protestors were attacked on Trump's order.

Attacked?

Can you prove that? A chemical, non toxic, and non-lethal irritant is not an attack, it is a method of dispersal.

Google the "continuum of force"
Well that's what the priest said before she was expelled.

At approximately 6:40 pm, police suddenly began to expel peaceful demonstrators from the park, firing tear gas and flash grenades to disperse the crowd.

Gerbasi said that a short time later, police in riot gear started "pushing on to the patio of St. John's," and that people around her began crying out in pain, claiming to be shot with non-lethal projectiles

So Trump used riot police and tear gas to clear peaceful protesters from a church way, just so he can go take a P.R. photo. Disgusting.
The U.S.A is really no different than China. Trump and Conservatives always want to make their country more like China. China is passing a law that makes insulting the national anthem illegal. Which is what Trump wanted to do when the football players were taking a knee in protest during the US anthem. And now Trump want to send in the military to be a tough guy against people exercising their democratic right to protest. How is that different than Hong Kong?

The Rev. Mariann Budde, whose diocese St. John's belongs to, said she was "outraged" by Trump's visit and noted that he didn't pray while stopping by the church, a landmark known for its regular visits from sitting presidents since the early 19th century.
He didn't come to church to pray, he didn't come to church to offer condolences to those who are grieving, he didn't come to commit to healing our nation – all the things we would expect and long for from the highest leader in the land.

Get Trump out of office now before he burns down the entire country!!!
peaceful protesters dont carry rocks and clubs and burn down buildings,,,
Which was not the case on Monday afternoon.

Apparently someone chose to close his eyes to "peaceful" rioters burning a church and attacking the white house.

In other words, good luck with that.
They were not rioting when Trump had them attacked to make way for his blasphemous photo.

How were you going to make them move? Ask politely?

Peaceful protests are sometimes, seemingly, a guise for a riot later on in the night. You must assume these tactics are in play by the agitators even during the day.

The time for diplomacy has passed. The time for speaking softly has passed. No tolerance.

Also, were you expecting the president to walk into a mob of protesters? Or were you hoping he would for a negative outcome?
Peaceful protests are sometimes, seemingly, a guise for a riot later on in the night.
Or peaceful protestors are just that while rioters are rioters.

You obviously lack a tactical mind. Rioters can easily exploit peaceful protests to slip in and cause chaos later in the night after curfews have gone into effect.
You obviously lack a tactical mind. Rioters can easily exploit peaceful protests to slip in and cause chaos later in the night after curfews have gone into effect.

You obviously lack a mind at all. That was not happening.

All I need do is google footage of the riots to prove you wrong.
All I need do is google footage of the riots to prove you wrong.
Do it.
There were no riots near the WH yesterday evening at 6:30pm.Only peaceful protestors.

Fool.

You don't do it for the current situation, you do it to prevent the same situation that occurred prior from happening again.

Now, answer this:

Were any of the protesters injured? Were any of them hurt?

No?

Then mission accomplished. Message sent and delivered.
Fool.

You don't do it for the current situation, you do it to prevent the same situation that occurred prior from happening again.
Oh, I see. So every protest should be dispersed with tear gas or whatever just in case they were planning on getting riotous?

WTF?

Yeah, no. That's not what I said. Law enforcement relies on a pattern of behavior. Three nights of unruly, riotous behavior at or near the White House warrants the teargas. You can't assume they won't do that during the day. We refer to that as taking pre-emptive measures.

Please try to grasp the concept. Or not. Your choice to be, or not to be ignorant is your choice.

Trump`s doing a heck of a job. He brought back the 1918 pandemic, the 1929 Depression and now the 1968 riots. More Winning!
Democrats brought back those riots. Specifically the AG that promise police reform and blew it off.

Actually, the DoJ under Obama was involved in police reform as a priority - it probably still didn't move strongly enough or fast enough, but it was ongoing. The Trump administration ended the program of reforms, reversed it and dismantled the group working on it. More's the pity.

But were they peaceful or were they engaging in aggressive tactics at the time of the action? That is not clear.
It is clear, the Park Police cleared them out not even knowing President Trump would be coming. The “protesters” were throwing things at the cops, and climbing buildings in the area. They refused to move after being told repeatedly to move back.
Then Park police moved them back.
it is clear now, is it? Some 20 priests disagree. But I'm sure you'd say they were throwing bricks.

Unfortunately...with these kinds of actions...all of Trump's desired symbolism has kind of backfired.

What I don't understand is this....usually outings by a president are well planned in advance and the way cleared. Understandably, there likely couldn't be a LOT of advance time for this, due to the fast pace of events, but still - there could have been a 12 hour window, at least, to set things up. Move people, clear the area, and create an understanding with the relevant clergy. I don't understand why that did not happen here.

Trump was looking for 2 things from the photo op. First, he was looking to appear tough and firm against the protesters. Mainly because he wanted people to forget that he went and hid in a bunker over the weekend. Second, he's hoping to reinforce his standing with the Christians by appearing to care about the church, when in reality, he doesn't.

You know, I've seen some pretty crappy leaders over my 20 years in the military, but NEVER have I seen one as incompetent as Trump.

Forum List

Back