I am evacuating ahead of Hurricane Ian from Tampa…is it because of global warming?

Oh shit. I see the squirrel family who lives in an oak tree in my back yard has boarded up.

This looks serious. The squirrels are preparing.

Isn't it supposed to be a cat 2 or 3 at most?
I suppose flooding would be the biggest issue with Florida being so low.
It's supposed to stall offshore as a Cat 2-3 through a couple of tide cycles and push water inland, that combined with 12+ inches of rain and it's gonna make it rough for all that gulf side construction.....The insurance man gonna be looking for a bailout after this one.

It's supposed to stall offshore as a Cat 2-3 through a couple of tide cycles and push water inland, that combined with 12+ inches of rain and it's gonna make it rough for all that gulf side construction.....The insurance man gonna be looking for a bailout after this one.

They said it's going to hit tomorrow and linger till Thursday.
At least it should weaken once it gets over land.

Never mind that a volcano emits more gases than humans combined over the last 5000 years.

Human activities emit 60 or more times the amount of carbon dioxide released by volcanoes each year. Large, violent eruptions may match the rate of human emissions for the few hours that they last, but they are too rare and fleeting to rival humanity’s annual emissions. In fact, several individual U.S. states emit more carbon dioxide in a year than all the volcanoes on the planet combined do.

Human activities emit 60 or more times the amount of carbon dioxide released by volcanoes each year. Large, violent eruptions may match the rate of human emissions for the few hours that they last, but they are too rare and fleeting to rival humanity’s annual emissions. In fact, several individual U.S. states emit more carbon dioxide in a year than all the volcanoes on the planet combined do.

Not total gases. That goes to volcanoes. Without those gases the planet would be a frozen ball of ice. We're but a pinprick in affecting climate change.

i wonder if my electric chrysler cordoba will make it to Georgia

What part of the state are you and your Chinchilla in?

I am in Tampa…I might not even evac now. It looks like its going to make landfall between Venice and Fort Myers.

This is so similar to Charlie.

Forum List

Back