I am applying for a license to carry

Try not to imagine you understand what I believe.
That well is way to deep for someone so shallow.

There is no legitimate use for a firearm that does not include killing or practicing killing.

AND?
Why mention killing in a video about guns?
Kinda redundant, don't ya think?
An attempt to insult me by calling me shallow does not advance your argument that the only purpose guns have is killing.

I’ll return the insult by pointing out you are closed minded. Today most good liberals suffer from that personality trait. At once time liberals were the more open minded but most today are brainwashed and consequently incapable of logical reasoning.

You also avoided answering my question. …

So are you opposed to archery, fencing, judo, or boxing? All are are Olympic sports but with your biased attitude you probably look at them as practice for killing just like you do bullseye target shooting.

Not sure if its been covered but

Get INSURANCE. If you carry, you will be the target of leftist hack judges and attorneys if you ever have to defend yourself.

At the age of 41 I will be applying. Got my basic firearms safety certificate and will be dropping off my application to the local PD in the next few days. Finally biting the bullet and buying a firearm that I hope I never ever have to use.

Wish me luck! Any and all advice is welcome.

Thank you

View attachment 551408

You should NOT have to ask "permission" to carry.
You have the "RIGHT" TO BEAR ARMS. it's in the Constitution.
Americans have so willingly surrendered those rights when those before them fought so hard to secure them.
Compliance with tyranny is acceptance of tyranny..

And because almost everyone complies....tyrants win.
Also, are you aware that by applying, you have just "Registered" yourself into a list that goes straight to the anti-self-defense ATF etc ???

At the rate Americans are bowing to tyranny, you won't have that firearm for long.
The exact same PD you had to beg and grovel for your "permit" will be there soon to take it back. By force.

Yeah...."good luck"
YOU asked for advice. There's some of the best ever.....like it or not.

Last edited:
Other sources give different numbers. Table -- page 6.
Your source proves that a firearm is used 10x more often for self-defense than murder, and 5x more often for self-defense than suicide.
If the use of a fireram in self-defense is "very rare", the the use of a firearm for murder and suicide must then be even MORE rare.
What is more rate than "very rare"?

Most murders are of normal people by normal people.
You know, victims of law abiding gun owners.

The Criminology of Firearms

In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.

Why don't gun bans work? Because they rely on voluntary compliance by gun-using criminals. Prohibitionists never see this absurdity because they deceive themselves into thinking that, as Katherine Christoffel has said: "[M]ost shootings are not committed by felons or mentally ill people, but are acts of passion that are committed using a handgun that is owned for home protection."

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies. Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."

Your source proves that a firearm is used 10x more often for self-defense than murder, and 5x more often for self-defense than suicide.
If the use of a fireram in self-defense is "very rare", the the use of a firearm for murder and suicide must then be even MORE rare.
What is more rate than "very rare"?
Most self-defensive use of firearms is just brandishing the weapon in response to something like simple assault. That is not really as serious as murder or suicide.

I will look into the data. Still, guns are used in over 20,000 suicides and over 10,000 murders per year in USA.
And over 100,000 times per year for self-defense.
Your source says so.
If the use of a firearm in self-defense is "very rare", the the use of a firearm for murder and suicide must then be even MORE rare.
What is more rare than "very rare"?

And over 100,000 times per year for self-defense.
Your source says so.
If the use of a firearm in self-defense is "very rare", the the use of a firearm for murder and suicide must then be even MORE rare.
What is more rare than "very rare"?
Perhaps self-defense from minor crimes like Simple Assault. This is the most common crime.

Mostly from minor assault.

And when the criminal first approaches the victim how does the victim know it is just a “simple” assault? And how exactly do you define a “simple” assault? A beating that leads to a concussion? How far does a sexual assault have to go to merely be “simple?”

An attempt to insult me by calling me shallow does not advance your argument that the only purpose guns have is killing.

I’ll return the insult by pointing out you are closed minded. Today most good liberals suffer from that personality trait. At once time liberals were the more open minded but most today are brainwashed and consequently incapable of logical reasoning.

You also avoided answering my question. …

So are you opposed to archery, fencing, judo, or boxing? All are are Olympic sports but with your biased attitude you probably look at them as practice for killing just like you do bullseye target shooting.
Fencing is exercise as is judo and boxing. Perhaps, if you were not so shallow and so violently inclined you might have bought up the javelin as a more appropriate example.

BUT
As soon as you point out the murders committed by criminals using javelins or Olympic bows, or judo, or someone criminally boxing someone to death then you may have a point.

Do you understand your Tiny Minded inability to form a cogent response?

Shallow was not an insult, it was a description of your mental processes.

The Criminology of Firearms

In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.

Why don't gun bans work? Because they rely on voluntary compliance by gun-using criminals. Prohibitionists never see this absurdity because they deceive themselves into thinking that, as Katherine Christoffel has said: "[M]ost shootings are not committed by felons or mentally ill people, but are acts of passion that are committed using a handgun that is owned for home protection."

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies. Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."
Then why do they work in every 1st world country on the planet?

Damn, everybody in the world but you knows you just posted a pile of crap.

Then why do they work in every 1st world country on the planet?

Damn, everybody in the world but you knows you just posted a pile of crap.

They dont. I have linked to the British police stating they cant stop the flood of illegal guns into Britain…..I have linked to the fact that French and other European criminals use fully automatic rifles and grenades…….Sweden is having a major problem with violent gangs also using fully automatic rifles And grenades.

The cultural difference between U.S. and European criminals is the Europeans tend not to murder as often….but that is changing. The immigrant gangs are
More violent and are using guns to kill now.

Forum List

Back