Hyperinflation Dead Ahead!

Junk coin is always well worn, that's why it's junk.

Coin shops are the only place to get junk coin in any decent amount....Many will give you deal if you buy a lot....Of course you have to shop to find the best deals you can get.

Yup, I buy bullion grade whenever I can.

I don't quite get the reference. If you'd care to enlighten me?

Oh, wait. I think I got it.

Never mind.

I certainly don't get it ... that's impossible isn't it? ... I wasn't the person to explain that to her, especially at the times she saw fit to remind me of that fact ...

Waitwaitwaitwait ... please don't try ... I honestly don't want to know ... women are entitled to their secrets, I'm not the kind of guy to pry ...

I certainly don't get it ... that's impossible isn't it? ... I wasn't the person to explain that to her, especially at the times she saw fit to remind me of that fact ...

Waitwaitwaitwait ... please don't try ... I honestly don't want to know ... women are entitled to their secrets, I'm not the kind of guy to pry ...

Okay. Just tell your mom "Hi" for me, and tell her I'm impressed.

Some of that is awful well worn ... no better than melt-down value ... coin shops will rip you off ... they buy cheap and sell dear ...

Never buy it for numismatic value. Strictly by weight.

Although my MIL's stash has some Peace Dollars that had obviously been stored carefully and were in good shape.

Junk coin is always well worn, that's why it's junk.

Coin shops are the only place to get junk coin in any decent amount....Many will give you deal if you buy a lot....Of course you have to shop to find the best deals you can get.
/----/ Well, this is new to me. I heard tales of folks who would go to banks and S&L and buy rolls of half dollars. Within each roll was at least one silver JFK half. The rest were the newer compound ones which they would deposit in their own accounts. eBay had them. but I'm sure they are well picked over.

/----/ Well, this is new to me. I heard tales of folks who would go to banks and S&L and buy rolls of half dollars. Within each roll was at least one silver JFK half. The rest were the newer compound ones which they would deposit in their own accounts. eBay had them. but I'm sure they are well picked over.

Yeah, I still get a silver dime or quarter now and then. Don't see many halves or dollars anymore.

I concentrate on bouillon now.

For therapy, I used to get a $50 bag of pennies from the bank and fish out all the copper ones, but banks don't care much to indulge me any more. I still find lots of copper pennies in the little dishes on the store counters.

Forum List

Back