Hyperinflation Dead Ahead!

I envision when hyperinflation hits...biden will be dumb enough to try price controls.

If it costs me a dollar to make a loaf of bread and the law demands I sell it for 50 cents...I stop selling bread!

Are you all planning out your gardens? The time is getting close. Get those seeds ready because there may be no plants to buy. I fear this is gonna happen quick!

I have onions and squashes and pumpkins and cabbage and tomatoes all sprouting under the grow lights as we speak, and have been building the new boxes in the garage all winter. Thanks for reminding me I probably ought to buy another half dozen cases of canning jars. Spring will come fast.

I have onions and squashes and pumpkins and cabbage and tomatoes all sprouting under the grow lights as we speak, and have been building the new boxes in the garage all winter. Thanks for reminding me I probably ought to buy another half dozen cases of canning jars. Spring will come fast.

I'm harvesting lettuce and garlic this week and planting in my early crops ... already have malted barley soil-ready ...

How we got here/Where we are now/what is to come...

Democrats printed trillions WHICH CAUSED
Inflation to rise (food & gas prices doubled). WHICH CAUSED
The FED raised interest rates to combat inflation WHICH CAUSED
Bond prices to fall WHICH CAUSED
Banks to fail (especially SVB).

Now biden says he will insure all deposits even if they are over 250 K.

========= WE ARE HERE ===========

I predict that will lead to money printing (Trillions) and more inflation...

The FED can't raise interest rates (to combat inflation) or THEY will be blamed for the financial collapse.

Hyperinflation dead ahead!!!

Put your life jacket on & head for the lifeboats.

Hey buddy...can ya spare $10,000 for a cheese burger?

Yeah, let's take a very complex issue and boil it down to:

"It's all the Democrats fault"....
Just so it's like 90% of the posts on this forum... why stop now, hey?

Wow! You must live in a nice warm place. My garlic is still sleeping under a foot of snow!

Snow? ... who the hell lives where there's snow later than Feb 2nd? ... that's insane ... humans can't live in such arctic polar freezing conditions ... remind me to never trust your opinion on the climate ... you miss something there ...

I live in the bottoms of a narrow river valley surrounded by hills and small mountains ... temps here drop below 32ºF a few times a year, some years not at all ... what little snow we do get always melts off by noon ... worse in summer, everything shuts down due to excessive heat once we break 90ºF; all of us drive to the coast where temps are 65ºF all summer long* (all winter long too) ...

* = "The coldest winter I've ever spent was summer in San Francisco" -- Mark Twain

Snow? ... who the hell lives where there's snow later than Feb 2nd? ... that's insane ... humans can't live in such arctic polar freezing conditions ... remind me to never trust your opinion on the climate ... you miss something there ...

I live in the bottoms of a narrow river valley surrounded by hills and small mountains ... temps here drop below 32ºF a few times a year, some years not at all ... what little snow we do get always melts off by noon ... worse in summer, everything shuts down due to excessive heat once we break 90ºF; all of us drive to the coast where temps are 65ºF all summer long* (all winter long too) ...

* = "The coldest winter I've ever spent was summer in San Francisco" -- Mark Twain

The trade-off is important. My state is free of a lot of political shit that most of the country still struggles with, so I'll take the harsh winters.

When I lived in Western Washington State, I had no freedom but nice warm winters.

The trade-off is important. My state is free of a lot of political shit that most of the country still struggles with, so I'll take the harsh winters.

When I lived in Western Washington State, I had no freedom but nice warm winters.

Microsoft ...

We have all the freedoms one could ask for here in Western Oregon ... we can't shoot our guns off for fun inside city limits, because that's not really safe ... but we're surrounded by Federal forest lands and we can shoot off our guns all we want to there ... yes, we are free to wear Bigfoot costumes while prancing around the forests as well ... even though that's not really safe ...

The problem here is over half Oregon's voting population lives in one town ... so that town tends to get everything she wants ... and as an "economic engine", she's the best we got ... they pay the taxes, so they get the taxes, the rest of us have to make due ...

Folks come here for the clean water ... fresh air ... unspoiled rivers ... fishing hunting trapping ... just it rains every day all day long ... and if it's raining, it's not snowing ... ha ha ha ... shovel away my friend while I pick fresh buds off my marijuana plants ...

Do you know how to preserve foods so they last? ... that's actually more expensive than just growing it yourself ... and plant apple trees, hard cider is much much easier than beer ...
I've been canning food since I was a kid living on a farm with my grandparents... do I do it now?... no too lazy... but I have a two year supply of survival food including flower sugar freeze dried eggs and milk... I also have prepper meals and about 40 gals of water stored away... and I have the guns and ammo to hang onto it all....

Did anybody notice what the price of gold did today?

It's a big red warning sign!

Looks like the price has been stable the past three years ... between $1,600 and $2,000 ... I wish I could keep my weight that solid ...

Gold is a hedge against inflation ... folks thought all the new money being "printed" during the Covid Crisis would raise prices ... thus the run from $1,200 to $2,000 during 2020 ... so The Rich were well protected during this recent period of inflation ... in fact, many got richer ...

Only the Middle Class suffers ... and they deserve it ... God wants them toiling in the fields all their lives, that's all commoners are good for ... working hard and paying taxes ...

Do you know how to preserve foods so they last? ... that's actually more expensive than just growing it yourself ... and plant apple trees, hard cider is much much easier than beer ...

Of course. We have a food dehydration machine as well.

Yeah, let's take a very complex issue and boil it down to:

"It's all the Democrats fault"....
Just so it's like 90% of the posts on this forum... why stop now, hey?

Just don't try and steal other people's food. Dummy.

Of course. We have a food dehydration machine as well.

Does it run on firewood? ... because without nukes, electricity is going to get expensive ... and yes, in fact, I have dehydrated food with a wood stove ... a little, it was more of a friend's operation, I just split hickory for the most part ... he also tapped maple trees ... try making maple sugar with just firewood ha ha ha ha ...

Does it run on firewood? ... because without nukes, electricity is going to get expensive ... and yes, in fact, I have dehydrated food with a wood stove ... a little, it was more of a friend's operation, I just split hickory for the most part ... he also tapped maple trees ... try making maple sugar with just firewood ha ha ha ha ...

Yeah, I have a water wheel. And an ancient solar system. The water wheel is far more reliable than the solar.

Yeah, our greenhouse is doing good, but I have 40 feet of snow everywhere else!

Is your greenhouse heated? I'm thinking of building mine this year with solar panels for heating. Local ordinance means I'm limited to 10'x15', but that's enough for a couple of semi dwarf citrus and maybe some this & that.

Yeah, I have a water wheel. And an ancient solar system. The water wheel is far more reliable than the solar.

Solar grows your food ... and the wood you burn ... go back and explain how you're dehydrating food with wood stoves ... and tell us tell us how you generate enough current to run a simple refrigeration unit with a water wheel ... in Nevada ... in winter ... and then ... [giggle] ... in summer ...

Are you connected to BPA? ...

Solar grows your food ... and the wood you burn ... go back and explain how you're dehydrating food with wood stoves ... and tell us tell us how you generate enough current to run a simple refrigeration unit with a water wheel ... in Nevada ... in winter ... and then ... [giggle] ... in summer ...

Are you connected to BPA? ...

Hang this over your stove. Can also be used outdoors in warmer weather.

iu

Forum List

Back