Hyperinflation Dead Ahead!

Hang this over your stove. Can also be used outdoors in warmer weather.

iu

Puma would eat this in a Philadelphia minute ...

PUMA?

Mountain lions ... cougars ... Felis concolor ... they hold up in vacant lots and hunt house cats and dogs at night ... they're territorial and there's only so many rural acres for them ... thus we get a lot in town as well ... I guess this is becoming a big problem in Los Angeles ...

The main problem is too many deer ... not enough gun-owning hunters ... with the wolves gone, the deer population exploded ... and the next biggest predator takes advantage ... i.e. mountain lions ...

Mountain lions ... cougars ... Felis concolor ... they hold up in vacant lots and hunt house cats and dogs at night ... they're territorial and there's only so many rural acres for them ... thus we get a lot in town as well ... I guess this is becoming a big problem in Los Angeles ...

The main problem is too many deer ... not enough gun-owning hunters ... with the wolves gone, the deer population exploded ... and the next biggest predator takes advantage ... i.e. mountain lions ...

Oh, okay. So you meant real puma. I agree.

Don't leave it out overnight? Aren't they nocturnal?

We have massive deer population here too. The amount of road kill is stunning.

That thin little plastic layer of screening on your dryer? ... a house cat could get through that ... we set up inside a building, so the house cats couldn't get in, or the bears ... just pee on the door and the puma stay away ...

Great tip.

I wonder if it works on bunnies. One ate the bark off my apple tree.

Great tip.

I wonder if it works on bunnies. One ate the bark off my apple tree.

Keep some puma hanging around ... or dogs ...

I've never tried this, but I've heard if we plant a twenty foot barrier of soy-beans around our gardens ... the bunnies will fill up on soy-beans and never get to our goodies ... we have 10,000 deer per city block here ... and worse in the country ... trillions per acre ... never enough food for bunnies ...

Keep some puma hanging around ... or dogs ...

I've never tried this, but I've heard if we plant a twenty foot barrier of soy-beans around our gardens ... the bunnies will fill up on soy-beans and never get to our goodies ... we have 10,000 deer per city block here ... and worse in the country ... trillions per acre ... never enough food for bunnies ...

I do have a dog who hangs in the back yard all the time. I need to keep her in the front yard too, which is where the fruit trees are, but city says I can't fence it.

I have yet to see any of the deer alive here and have seen track in the snow rarely, but there they are. Lots of roadkill.

I would think that we'd have seen no bunnies this past season because the 50 acres or so near me was planted with soybeans.

Damn! You need to get pictures of those urban deer hoods.

Last edited:
Damn! You need to get pictures of those urban deer hoods.

Ummm ... that's kinda sorta hyperbole ... an exaggeration to more fully emphasize whatever point I was making ... a dozen deer in town doesn't even get a second glance from locals ...

My mother witnessed 2,500 antelope in her little hamlet of 525 people ... bad winter in the highlands so the critters came down to the valley bottoms for grazing ... don't remember how many folks did prison time for poaching that year ... it was bad though ... climate change I guess ...

Ummm ... that's kinda sorta hyperbole ... an exaggeration to more fully emphasize whatever point I was making ... a dozen deer in town doesn't even get a second glance from locals ...

My mother witnessed 2,500 antelope in her little hamlet of 525 people ... bad winter in the highlands so the critters came down to the valley bottoms for grazing ... don't remember how many folks did prison time for poaching that year ... it was bad though ... climate change I guess ...

Dang! I wanted to see them! :laughing0301:

When my late husband and I were deciding to move away from Seattle, one of the places we looked was Ocean Shores, WA, which is a small resort town famous for its prodigious deer population. One day, as we cruised town noting the "FOR SALE" signs we saw, we must have see 200 deer in about two hours.

NOT hyperbole.

Is it kind of like that?

Ocean Shores has passed ordinances forbidding the feeding of deer.

iu

Dang! I wanted to see them! :laughing0301:

When my late husband and I were deciding to move away from Seattle, one of the places we looked was Ocean Shores, WA, which is a small resort town famous for its prodigious deer population. One day, as we cruised town noting the "FOR SALE" signs we saw, we must have see 200 deer in about two hours.

NOT hyperbole.

Is it kind of like that?

Ocean Shores has passed ordinances forbidding the feeding of deer.

iu

Mother was Eastside ... she liked the sage desert ... ended up with a 12-foot cyclone fence around her property to keep deer, elk, wild horses, big horn sheep AND the damn antelope out ... what a nuisance ... not just an illegal fence, but 20 feet out into the public easement ... too funny ...

Mother was Eastside ... she liked the sage desert ... ended up with a 12-foot cyclone fence around her property to keep deer, elk, wild horses, big horn sheep AND the damn antelope out ... what a nuisance ... not just an illegal fence, but 20 feet out into the public easement ... too funny ...

I would have liked your mom.

This will be indispensable....Best get it while the coin shops still have it in stock...

$_32.JPG

My dear MIL worked in a bank in the 60's and 70's, and for some reason, she saved a whole lot of that stuff, which we found stashed in her closet when she passed.

Smart woman.

Some of that is awful well worn ... no better than melt-down value ... coin shops will rip you off ... they buy cheap and sell dear ...
Junk coin is always well worn, that's why it's junk.

Coin shops are the only place to get junk coin in any decent amount....Many will give you deal if you buy a lot....Of course you have to shop to find the best deals you can get.

Forum List

Back