Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Thread

Seems to be a lot misinformation about this. The results of a preliminary study released today showed no positive results. Not sure why the right wing press is pinning their hopes on this.
you hope there is no positive results ...face it scumbag we are going to beat this virus and real Americans are going to win in Nov against the left .
That's all right-wingers care about. Electing a cheat, a thug, and a thief who steals from charities that go to children with cancer. Have you no shame or self respect? How can you vote for someone who does that to kids?
how can you vote for someone who supports the killing of the the unborn ?

Seems to be a lot misinformation about this. The results of a preliminary study released today showed no positive results. Not sure why the right wing press is pinning their hopes on this.
you hope there is no positive results ...face it scumbag we are going to beat this virus and real Americans are going to win in Nov against the left .
You hear about people poisoning themselves with this stuff? Turns out it's toxic and an overdose can kill you. Someone needs to tell Trump that there is a difference between reassuring people and bullshitting them. Seriously.
you can overdose on aspirin ! face it ...we are going to use this drug to render the virus nothing more than a bad cold and the economy will soon boom ! and you cant stand it !
How dare you post HOPEFUL things............You might upset a liberal.....
:abgg2q.jpg:

You hear about people poisoning themselves with this stuff? Turns out it's toxic and an overdose can kill you. Someone needs to tell Trump that there is a difference between reassuring people and bullshitting them. Seriously.
you can overdose on aspirin ! face it ...we are going to use this drug to render the virus nothing more than a bad cold and the economy will soon boom ! and you cant stand it !
When Trump gets a medical degree he may then be qualified to say what works and what does not. He was terribly irresponsible to even bring that stuff up.

It is very revealing of the liberal mind set that they want to pooh pooh something that might possibly shut down the chinese virus.

It is almost like they would like to keep it going so they can use it as a weapon against Trump in the upcoming election...no american would want that right? I man what kind of American would want that???

When Trump gets a medical degree he may then be qualified to say what works and what does not. He was terribly irresponsible to even bring that stuff up.
LOL

Still holding on to dispair............how LIBERAL OF YOU.............He got news from those already testing this..............And countries have been and are using it now............

We WILL KNOW soon enough.......and if it's working.......We need to put the FDA on a leash........

Someone who's dying isn't gonna give a damn about a permission slip from the FDA........who have a history of setting up things to make sure the Pharma makes money here......

Israel is giving us all the doses we need FREE OF CHARGE.......TEVA ..........

I am afraid you are right....almost unbelievable....but that seems to be the case.

It is very revealing of the liberal mind set that they want to pooh pooh something that might possibly shut down the chinese virus.

It is almost like they would like to keep it going so they can use it as a weapon against Trump in the upcoming election...no american would want that right? I man what kind of American would want that???
If Trump told you leeches and voodoo would work you would be here extolling the curative virtues of bloodletting and black cat bones.

They hate Trump so bad and want power so bad that they would let Americans die before admitting he may be right......He doesn't say these things willy nilly......he has MANY ADVISERS......and contact with other countries......who are ALREADY USING THIS DRUG.........Germany nearly has the same number of cases we do...........but less than a THIRD THE DEATH RATE........They are using it.

If Trump told you leeches and voodoo would work you would be here extolling the curative virtues of bloodletting and black cat bones.
Nope........I tried it.............got me a voodoo doll called it occupied.......kept sticking it with needles......and you are still here...

Tests didn't work.......

Oh.......other countries aren't listening to you .............too bad.........We HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE......and the trials are being done already whether you like it or not..

Where you hoping for MORE DEATHS......HMMM LIB.

Nope........I tried it.............got me a voodoo doll called it occupied.......kept sticking it with needles......and you are still here...

Tests didn't work.......

Oh.......other countries aren't listening to you .............too bad.........We HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE......and the trials are being done already whether you like it or not..

Wow. Cabin fever psychosis already? The point you refuse to get here is that we have the president making unproved statements about a drug that may or may not work. If there was ever a time for Trump to speak the the truth it is right now. There will be no magic bullet for this thing. Might as well get used to it.

Some positive news amidst all the gray clouds

Topline: President Trump said in a Thursday press briefing that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, drugs used to treat malaria and severe arthritis, were approved by the Food and Drug Administration to test as a COVID-19 coronavirus treatment, as the number of cases nationwide continues to increase.
  • The drugs will be used in a clinical trial, according to FDA commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn, who spoke during the press briefing.
  • Trump also said that other antiviral medications will be fast-tracked for FDA approval.
Updated: Trump Says FDA Approved Anti-Malaria Drug Chloroquine To Test As Coronavirus Treatment
You are living in fantasy land; Maddow hits Trump's 'happy talk' on virus: 'I would stop putting those briefings on live TV'

You need to research your own thread before you post lies that Trump is pedaling.
Antimalarial Drug revives the hope to treat Coronavirus infection | News & Updates
China uses anti-malaria drug, plasma against coronavirus

It seems that this drug is actually a promising treatment
The article says it revives the "hope. " Key word there. Dr. Fauci was quick to caution Trump and the reporter about promoting that drug, for fear of not knowing. And Dr. Fauci is the head expert in the administration on coronavirus. I'm with Fauci and Maddow. Let's not conclude something is a cure before it is a cure. That's what Trump is trying to do. Throw spaghetti up against the wall and make believe it sticks. If it sticks, fantastic. But don't toss out things that aren't there yet. And that is what these two are saying.
It has already been used in a trial with excellent results

And I never said it was a cure. I said it is a treatment that has had promising preliminary results

So why not ramp up a large scale trial?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Some positive news amidst all the gray clouds

Topline: President Trump said in a Thursday press briefing that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, drugs used to treat malaria and severe arthritis, were approved by the Food and Drug Administration to test as a COVID-19 coronavirus treatment, as the number of cases nationwide continues to increase.
  • The drugs will be used in a clinical trial, according to FDA commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn, who spoke during the press briefing.
  • Trump also said that other antiviral medications will be fast-tracked for FDA approval.
Updated: Trump Says FDA Approved Anti-Malaria Drug Chloroquine To Test As Coronavirus Treatment
You are living in fantasy land; Maddow hits Trump's 'happy talk' on virus: 'I would stop putting those briefings on live TV'

You need to research your own thread before you post lies that Trump is pedaling.
Antimalarial Drug revives the hope to treat Coronavirus infection | News & Updates
China uses anti-malaria drug, plasma against coronavirus

It seems that this drug is actually a promising treatment
Preliminary data. Calm the markets, figure it out for real later.

Preliminary but promising.

Why not ramp up the testing to a large scale right away?
Because it may have the reverse affect. That's why you have clinical trials.
It's already been used in a small scale trial

The next logical step is a trial with more people.

This drug is already in use and is well known so there is little risk

Preliminary data. Calm the markets, figure it out for real later.

Preliminary but promising.

Why not ramp up the testing to a large scale right away?
Because it may have the reverse affect. That's why you have clinical trials.

You're dealing with folks who have no idea what a clinical trial is or what a double blind study is. Don put is own ignorance on very public display relative to this mindset, ... as well as the history that led us to these protocols and procedures.
All you need is a trial group and a control.

We are only looking for one metric here and that is the reduction of the viral load.

One small study has already shown that this drug reduces the viral load

By the way, do you know a big part of the reason we have a shortage of ventilators? Because China stopped shipping the circuit boards for them.

Also it is because they are expensive and hospitals only kept on hand what they need to for normal operations and a few spares in case something breaks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/18/ventilator-shortage-hospital-icu-coronavirus/
And our hospitals run on the premise of keeping beds a full as possible.

So in their shortsightedness they fail to keep an adequate buffer of both services and equipment to deal with unexpected events
Most private hospitals are in the business of making money. They have no interest in becoming military hospital ready. It's not in their best financial interest.
Where did I ever say military?

It is not a big deal to run any business while allowing for some reserve capacity

Tests didn't work.......

Wow. Cabin fever psychosis already? The point you refuse to get here is that we have the president making unproved statements about a drug that may or may not work. If there was ever a time for Trump to speak the the truth it is right now. There will be no magic bullet for this thing. Might as well get used to it.
LOL

1. I need to clean up my man cave.........that is a correct statement.
2. Trump was saying THERE IS HOPE.......and that is not the wrong thing to say........
3. Your point is mute...........doesn't matter....they have done trials with this and countries are using it.
so we will find out soon enough if it matters.
4. Look at the death rate of Germany.......much lower for the numbers.....they have been using it.
5. France is going to use it.
6. Israel is using it.

So........other countries are using it........trying it.....and all you can do is say TRUMP SUCKS.

Do not worry....eventually this pandemic will lesson and work will return...I'll have less time then to post....LOL

Bayer Donates 3 Million Chloroquine Tablets in Fight Against Coronavirus

German pharmaceutical giant Bayer AG announced Thursday that it donated 3 million tablets of the malaria drug Resochin to the United States amid testimonies that it could potentially treat individuals with the deadly Chinese coronavirus.

Resochin, which is made of chloroquine phosphate, is presently not approved for consumption in the U.S., though the company is working with federal public health agencies to secure authorization for its use nationwide.

Alabama researchers join global fight against COVID-19 disease - Yellowhammer News

INVESTIGATIONAL DRUG

The University of Alabama at Birmingham, meanwhile, is home to the Antiviral Drug Discovery and Development Center, or AD3C, which focuses on developing treatments for four different virus families, including coronavirus.

AD3C research produced an investigational drug, remdesivir, that is now being used to treat a few select patients in China and the U.S. who have contracted COVID-19. Read about remdesivir.

“This is a prime example of how the research we are conducting at UAB plays a critical role in treating patients on a global scale and our contribution of substantial scientific advances,” said Dr. Richard Whitley, distinguished professor at UAB and principal investigator on the research project.

Southern Research is also a partner in the AD3C.

Investigational compound remdesivir, developed by UAB and NIH researchers, being used for treatment of novel coronavirus - News

The investigational drug remdesivir, developed through research conducted through the Antiviral Drug Discovery and Development Center, or AD3C, and centered at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, is being used to treat select infected patients in the United States and in China who have been affected by the outbreak of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV).

UAB was awarded a $37.5 million, five-year U19 grant from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Centers of Excellence for Translational Research to study and develop treatment for high-priority emerging infections. Work has been taking place in earnest to develop drugs for emerging influenza, flaviviruses (dengue, West Nile virus and Zika), coronaviruses that cause SARS and MERS, and alphaviruses such as Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus and chikungunya. The grant is a multi-institutional collaboration to accelerate drug discovery for these emerging infections and is a public-private partnership between academic institutions and Gilead Sciences.

Remdesivir, developed to treat the coronavirus causing MERS, was found to have significant activity against the 2019-nCoV strain when the outbreak began in the Chinese city of Wuhan. Importantly, remdesivir had demonstrated efficacy in treating other medically important coronaviruses MERS and SARS in cell culture and animal models. Based on the compassionate plea requests of treating physicians in the United States, Gilead Sciences released remdesivir for use in a few patients, although the drug has not yet been tested for safety or efficacy in these diseases. “The release of remdesivir for safety and efficacy studies is a major accomplishment for the AD3C – namely the U19 grant – as it shows significant and swift advance of antiviral drugs to help treat and respond to emerging infectious disease outbreaks on an international scale and, importantly, to anticipate the introduction of these infections in the United States,” said Richard Whitley, M.D., Distinguished Professor at UAB and principal investigator of the U19 grant.

Forum List

Back