Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Thread

Who said it was not safe a month ago......I mean outside of a nurse on Facebook?

The FDA, that is why they had to put out new rules. A month ago a nurse would have gotten written up or fired for using the same mask with different patients.

Yes, she (or he or she) would have. Because it was against FDA regulations. Don't you understand the problem here? Most of the problem lies with our bureaucracies--not the President.

Have I mentioned Trump?

Who said it was not safe a month ago......I mean outside of a nurse on Facebook?

The FDA, that is why they had to put out new rules. A month ago a nurse would have gotten written up or fired for using the same mask with different patients.

Yes, she (or he or she) would have. Because it was against FDA regulations. Don't you understand the problem here? Most of the problem lies with our bureaucracies--not the President.

Have I mentioned Trump?

You may not be, I don't remember. But your fellow TDS comrades are.

Finally, FINALLY, the FDA approved an emergency use for these treatments. Besides allowing the sterilization of medical masks yesterday due to the shortage, it took them this long to recommend hydroxychloroquine in spite of the reports of success for several weeks where the drug was used.

The sterilization of medical masks is horseshit. We should not change the rules based on shortages...this is putting people's lives in danger.

A month ago a nurse could have been written up or fired for reusing a mask...and now it is all hunky dory!

So it would be better if they had no masks at all?

It would be better if we supplied them with what they need

That's what we've been trying to do. When masks are plentiful, they won't be sterilizing them anymore. I was out to the grocery story today. I wish I could get my hands on a mask for this particular virus. The only one that's reliable are the N-95 masks.

In the middle of March Trump got 3m and others to bump up their production....if only he had done that in Jan...

Nobody had any idea it was going to be like this in January.
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

South Korea did....they got with their people in late Jan and said we need testing kits and we need medical supplies in huge numbers.

And we both got our first case the same day

South Korea doesn't have bureaucracies that love red tape. We do. In fact, after the only test kit the FDA approved of was found to be a failure, they still refused to approve of those test kits Korea was using.

what does that have to do with ramping up the production of things like mask and other PPE gear...

Because you can't use these things until they get the bureaucratic blessing.

Finally, FINALLY, the FDA approved an emergency use for these treatments. Besides allowing the sterilization of medical masks yesterday due to the shortage, it took them this long to recommend hydroxychloroquine in spite of the reports of success for several weeks where the drug was used.

While we bicker about how good or bad of a job Trump did during this crisis, the left refuses to believe their beloved bureaucracies had anything to do with it. Blame Trump, all the time. Now perhaps these medications can save many more lives. When they do, look for the left to blame Trump about how long it took him to make these drugs available for general use.

That's going to butthurt the libs on this board.
I think they are feeling this Nov election slipping away from them. They need more dead people to have pulled this off.

I think a lot of those dead people are Democrat voters. But then on the other hand, if they're dead, they still vote. :auiqs.jpg:

In the middle of March Trump got 3m and others to bump up their production....if only he had done that in Jan...
Nobody had any idea it was going to be like this in January.
Wrong...TRUMP had no idea...in spite of what he was being told

Actually he didn't care. He was too busy tweeting bullshit

Trump reacted the day the WHO sent out their warning, which was on January 31st. Trump issued an immediate travel ban that day. However things were still pretty quiet here.

During the first week of March, the Democrats passed a bill to stop Trump's travel bans in the future, and to rescind his original travel ban. The bill gave them the power to institute the bans, and not Trump.

Anybody can look back and say we could have done more, but nobody had a crystal ball. Nobody expected anything like this.

The sterilization of medical masks is horseshit. We should not change the rules based on shortages...this is putting people's lives in danger.

A month ago a nurse could have been written up or fired for reusing a mask...and now it is all hunky dory!

So it would be better if they had no masks at all?

It would be better if we supplied them with what they need

Yeah, if only the other 150 effected countries would stop trying to take care of their health professionals so we could get more. Ain't life a bitch? Perhaps we shouldn't farm out essential products to foreign countries. Like Forrest Gup said, "shit happens".

At least now a treatment with a pretty good track record is approved by the FDA. As the saying goes, better late than never I guess.

OH! They all feel that way? My, you must know a lot of nurses. Tell me then, why were our health institutions (not on Facebook) fighting to have this permissible?

Because the people fighting for it were the administrators that are not down there face to face with the patients. If it was not safe a month ago, it is not safe now....
You're arguing with Zombies

While we bicker about how good or bad of a job Trump did during this crisis, the left refuses to believe their beloved bureaucracies had anything to do with it. Blame Trump, all the time. Now perhaps these medications can save many more lives. When they do, look for the left to blame Trump about how long it took him to make these drugs available for general use.

I knew you'd find a way to credit Trump. Such is how the cult thinks.

I knew you'd find a way to credit Trump. Such is how the cult thinks.

When did I credit Trump? I'll wait right here.

Stupid Trump

Dr. Gator knows more than the CDC

Dr. Gator knows more than the CDC

Nope, I do not. But I do not know that a month ago such a thing was not allowed because it was not safe...and now all of a sudden it is safe...we are sacrificing our healthcare professionals and stupid partisan morons like you are fucking happy about it.

Forum List

Back