Hunting small game

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
If there are any hunters on here.......maybe you can answer this.........

WHY do people hunt small game? Specifically targets like quail, frog, dove, squirrel, and other similar sized animals.

They are literally too small to have any meat on them. And I've had quail before, and there was literally NO meat on it (had to eat 5 of them to even get anything from the dinner). I can't imagine there being much of anything on these small animals. So why waste resources hunting them? I don't get it.

Anything the size of a chicken or duck I get, but not anything smaller than your hand. Doesn't make sense.

WHY do people hunt small game? Specifically targets like quail, frog, dove, squirrel, and other similar sized animals.

They are literally too small to have any meat on them. And I've had quail before, and there was literally NO meat on it (had to eat 5 of them to even get anything from the dinner). I can't imagine there being much of anything on these small animals. So why waste resources hunting them? I don't get it.

Anything the size of a chicken or duck I get, but not anything smaller than your hand. Doesn't make sense.
people have been living off those small animals for centuries,,

People have been hunting those critters for hundreds of years for food. Go to some of the hunting forums (especially traditional black powder forums) and get loads of recipes.

I like to hunt Snipe and Jackalopes

1641656814355.jpeg

Good eating with Fava Beans and a nice Chianti

Lol, they taste good. Kinda pissed if ya only get one. You would be surprised the meat ya get off frog. Many times I would rather clean frog than duck. The other day I was dragging a doe up a really steep hill by myself and thinking I should have went rabbit hunting instead. My old ass was winded by the time I got to the top and still had three football fields to get back to the truck.

I shoot rabbits and squirrels in my garden

and rats wherever I find them

if I could hit a hawk I would shoot them too because they kill chickens

Forum List

Back