Human Rights ‘Missing in Action’ in Trump Administration

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
President Donald Trump’s chief diplomat Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s absence on Friday at the release of America’s annual report of human rights covering 190 nations around the world is interpreted here as a blatant disregard for human rights abuses in many countries and the administration’s displayed disinterest to globally monitor abuses, once a top priority of any U.S. administration.
Tillerson declined to unveil the report in person, breaking with precedent established during both Democratic and Republican administrations. A senior US official answered reporters’ questions by phone on condition of anonymity rather than appearing on camera, also a break with precedent.
The state department’s annual human rights report for the year 2016 was drafted, scrutinized and perfected for release during the previous Obama administration and its state department officials around the globe in American diplomatic missions.

The Trump administration considering the release of the report as a ‘non-event’ clearly depicts that it has given law priority to monitoring human rights practices around the world.
Human Rights ‘Missing in Action’ in Trump Administration | Asian Tribune

The report had been highly criticized in some of the targeted countries due to providing information but no source given. This is going to different. The NGOs have been criticized and kicked out of many countries as they departed from taking on actual human rights abuses and moving with a clear agenda.

Good news. The U.S. government has no business playing the role of busy-body do-gooder in other countries around the world.

There is nothing in the Constitution giving our country moral authority over other nations. It's just a waste of tax payer's money. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
President Donald Trump’s chief diplomat Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s absence on Friday at the release of America’s annual report of human rights covering 190 nations around the world is interpreted here as a blatant disregard for human rights abuses in many countries and the administration’s displayed disinterest to globally monitor abuses, once a top priority of any U.S. administration.
Tillerson declined to unveil the report in person, breaking with precedent established during both Democratic and Republican administrations. A senior US official answered reporters’ questions by phone on condition of anonymity rather than appearing on camera, also a break with precedent.
The state department’s annual human rights report for the year 2016 was drafted, scrutinized and perfected for release during the previous Obama administration and its state department officials around the globe in American diplomatic missions.

The Trump administration considering the release of the report as a ‘non-event’ clearly depicts that it has given law priority to monitoring human rights practices around the world.

The report had been highly criticized in some of the targeted countries due to providing information but no source given. This is going to different. The NGOs have been criticized and kicked out of many countries as they departed from taking on actual human rights abuses and moving with a clear agenda.
Look at what the past president did in the middle east and what he left for Trump to fix. Europe is burning and could be part of the new caliphate. God I pray every day that the house Obama rents in DC ends up like Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia. Yes, I wish bad things upon him as he has wished bad things on the US citizen. Fair is fair.....

Good news. The U.S. government has no business playing the role of busy-body do-gooder in other countries around the world.

There is nothing in the Constitution giving our country moral authority over other nations. It's just a waste of tax payer's money. ..... :cool:
You are right, Sunniman. Let's build a wall, a formidable wall, an iron curtain of safety. Let's consume American only products and energy and mind our own business and leave those children of lesser gods to fall under their own corruption.

You are right, Sunniman. Let's build a wall, a formidable wall, an iron curtain of safety. Let's consume American only products and energy and mind our own business and leave those children of lesser gods to fall under their own corruption.
I have no problem with doing trade and other business with various countries, or importing energy and material resources from abroad.

But I do object to our government's demand that other countries adopt western morals and values. They have their own unique culture that may be centuries old, and it's not our place to tell them how to live. ..... :cool:

Tillerson's only there for the oil money. He can delegate everything else.

I have no problem with doing trade and other business with various countries, or importing energy and material resources from abroad.

But I do object to our government's demand that other countries adopt western morals and values. They have their own unique culture that may be centuries old, and it's not our place to tell them how to live. ..... :cool:
They go hand in hand. You have to know who you are dealing with. We dont live in a fish bowl man. The fact is Trade deals and watching out for our interests mater in this world and the one thing Trump and people like you get wrong is the fact that you think we can just ignore the world. It is dangerous to us militarily and very stupid economically.

Tillerson's only there for the oil money. He can delegate everything else.
What oil money retard?

They go hand in hand. You have to know who you are dealing with. We dont live in a fish bowl man. The fact is Trade deals and watching out for our interests mater in this world and the one thing Trump and people like you get wrong is the fact that you think we can just ignore the world. It is dangerous to us militarily and very stupid economically.

I'm not sure I understand how you got to ignoring the world. I'm also not sure I understand how demanding other countries adopt western morals and values goes with trade deals. Could you expand on that?

I'm not sure I understand how you got to ignoring the world. I'm also not sure I understand how demanding other countries adopt western morals and values goes with trade deals. Could you expand on that?
How do you get Demanding other countries adopt western morels with trade deals????? You honestly think we go around and demand other do as we say???? Nope we didn't. Well we didn't until Trump. What do you think Tariffs are for?

Obama created ISIS, and Clinton took 100s of Millions from countries that stone women to death for daring to be raped.
Don't you think that is enough human rights abuse?

Forum List

Back