Hugh Hewitt says a GOP operative he will not name told him the GOP is divided into 4 lanes: "Never Trump, Always Trump, Only Trump, & Sometimes Trump"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
30 percent of Republicans would vote for Trump if he ran 3rd party. that's kind of a poker tell!

Trump has a stranglehold on 25% of Republican primary voters. This is how he defeated a group of much better, much more qualified people in the 2016 primaries. 25% is unbeatable against a dozen good opponents.

No Republican can win the White House unless he IS Trump, or has Trump's full support. And that's a fact, Jack.

I am not in one of Hewitt's "lanes." I want Trumpism without Trump. Seal the borders and expel all illegals that it is possible to expel. Repeal two regulations (or more) for every new one. Restrict Congressional spending to what is in Article I. As for International Relations and International Trade, America First! That would be a good start.

The only viable lane is "who else but Trump?"

Trump will get the nomination because no serious candidate will seriously run against him. I know Nikki Haley has announced and I believe that she is a serious person, with great potential for the future. But, she is not a serious contender to defeat Trump in the primary, and she is smart enough to know it. There may be many benefits to her running for both her self and for Trump, if both play it correctly.

DeSantis is the closest there is to a person with a chance to beat Trump, and he would be foolish to run, when 2028 will be wide open if he waits.

The only viable lane is "who else but Trump?"
Trump will get the nomination because no serious candidate will seriously run against him. I know Nikki Haley has announced and I believe that she is a serious person, with great potential for the future. But, she is not a serious contender to defeat Trump in the primary, and she is smart enough to know it. There may be many benefits to her running for both her self and for Trump, if both play it correctly.
DeSantis is the closest there is to a person with a chance to beat Trump, and he would be foolish to run, when 2028 will be wide open if he waits.
Trump is un-electable in 2024. The MSM would see that he loses bigly.
Any other Republican would win easily since the dems have no one to put up.
Desantis can run in 2024 and 2028 even if he loses the 2024 primary to Trump

Trump is un-electable in 2024. The MSM would see that he loses bigly.
Any other Republican would win easily since the dems have no one to put up.
Desantis can run in 2024 and 2028 even if he loses the 2024 primary to Trump
Get back to me when DeSantis declares.

Forum List

Back