How's the forum?

All the cool people that played fast and loose with the rules got banned. lol

I thought your user name seemed familiar. :D

lol. I wasn't referring to you. I doubt you whine or report ppl. Where ever you stand on any particular issue, you are generally a free thinker. Your ego isn't vested in being right all the time. Not so much that you need to report folks having fun and get nasty about rules violations. That's what killed the fun in this place.

Mostly the site has degraded since 2012 because of the hyper sensitive PC police and sticklers for the rules that constantly tattle on their fellow forum mates. Remember when we were kids and there was this code that you don't snitch and you had fun? Well, this place isn't as fun as it used to be because those types of folks killed the fun.

When I incur a code violation, I disappear for a few months till it drops from my record. That's how I manage to hang on. I don't NEED this place like the addicts do, but I like to watch it wither and change with the character of the nation.

lol. I wasn't referring to you. I doubt you whine or report ppl. Where ever you stand on any particular issue, you are generally a free thinker. Your ego isn't vested in being right all the time. Not so much that you need to report folks having fun and get nasty about rules violations. That's what killed the fun in this place.

Mostly the site has degraded since 2012 because of the hyper sensitive PC police and sticklers for the rules that constantly tattle on their fellow forum mates. Remember when we were kids and there was this code that you don't snitch and you had fun? Well, this place isn't as fun as it used to be because those types of folks killed the fun.

When I incur a code violation, I disappear for a few months till it drops from my record. That's how I manage to hang on. I don't NEED this place like the addicts do, but I like to watch it wither and change with the character of the nation.

Dream on. USMB is not withering and changing with the character of the nation.

When I incur a code violation, I disappear for a few months till it drops from my record. That's how a manage to hang on. I'm don't NEED this place like the addicts do, but I like to watch it wither and change with the character of the nation.

Oh yes, I agree. What I meant was that I was one of the ones who was banned. :D I kind of committed e-suicide there because I was so tired of the weiners there. Lol. :wink_2:

Dream on. USMB is not withering and changing with the character of the nation.

I thought he was referring to another place. :D I could be wrong though. Personally, I love this site. It's great.

Are you talking about this place or the other place? This place is WAY better than the other place, that's for sure. :D

Hi. I'm Jesse. I've noticed that a lot of politics forums have a problem with moderation. It's either too lax, or even nonexistent, and you can't have a reasonable debate because there's no order, or it's too heavy-handed, and you can't have a resonable debate because moderators will use their power to suppress opposing viewpoints.

This site seems pretty good from a quick glance, but what do you guys have to say about it?
This board is not such bad. I have been conversating here for about a couple of mounths and despite of my opposite to the main stream political position, I am still not banned ;)

This sounds a lot like what I was worried about. Just how bad is the constant taddling you mentioned?

This sounds a lot like what I was worried about. Just how bad is the constant taddling you mentioned?

It's certainly a lot better than the other place. I can attest to that fact. I've been posting here a LOT. Lol. I really haven't had that issue.

It's certainly a lot better than the other place. I can attest to that fact. I've been posting here a LOT. Lol. I really haven't had that issue.

What's wrong with DP? I'm curious what got you so angry over there.

What's wrong with DP? I'm curious what got you so angry over there.

Well that's not something we can discuss on the open forum. We are really not supposed to be discussing other sites in such a way, I don't think.

Honestly, I can't believe you have to ask. Lol. I call it the old weiner site. It's not so much the site as it is the phony people though.

Are you talking about this place or the other place? This place is WAY better than the other place, that's for sure. :D

Well, to be honest, I was talking about this place. But really, they have all become police state jacketed free speech zones since the election of Obama. To have any illusions that they aren't in some way connected to the political/corporate establishment, is to live in a fairy world where we have a free market economy independent of political economic influences.

As a write this, I am forced to have Miley Cyruss' ass shoved in my face. If it weren't for the fact that I value the services of USMB, I'd probably install AdBlock+, but AdobeFlash already slows my browser down enough. lol

However, I agree with you, the forum I fled from was had an even more draconian administration with a more thug like stormtrooper moderation team. They were helped out and enabled by an ever willing team of narks.

In the end, a form is, after all, it's members. THAT is why I stick around. It is in hopes that this forum will still remain a shell of it's former self; the most free wheeling, fast shootin, fun, rollicking forum on the web. Both the conservative and liberals should TRY to respect each other a little bit more, and be friends. They should TRY to keep their barbs fun, and most of all, not take things too seriously. When there are rules violations, don't go whining to the mods, or the great, witty posters will leave us to the sands of time. (I've seen so many go.)

Depends on your political position.

If you are free thinker, moderate or a conservative and you violate ANY of the rules and happen to be in a thread where you are pissing off someone that is an "Obamabot", kiss your ass goodbye, you're getting a violation.

There is even a program funded by the administration that has put out unpaid interns on the internet to populate forums and social media to do the administration's bidding. Make no mistake, they know what they are doing. Since 2012, this forum, which had a decidedly freedom and liberty flavor, has taken a turn toward the progressive leaning. Even though I would have to say, a slight majority of it's membership is STILL conservative. It is kind of queer actually.

lol

Welcome Jesse. You know me from the other place too but not under this name. Each has its plusses and minuses. If you love the VBulletin format, you'll find some frustrations here but nothing that can't be overcome with some valium and attitude adjustment. :) Some really good folks here. This has been my board home for a very long time now and I have a lot of good friends here. The mod squad are good peeps too and won't give you any grief if you just sort of stay within the parameters.

Hi. I'm Jesse. I've noticed that a lot of politics forums have a problem with moderation. It's either too lax, or even nonexistent, and you can't have a reasonable debate because there's no order, or it's too heavy-handed, and you can't have a resonable debate because moderators will use their power to suppress opposing viewpoints.

This site seems pretty good from a quick glance, but what do you guys have to say about it?

Hey there, Jesse..

I am hoping you will find we are a fair team here at USMB...it may help to read the rules and guidelines before you dive in,
here: USMB Rules and Guidelines then go ahead and feel free to explore the board. :)

zapwelcome1_zps2500d339.jpg

Enjoy..:)

Welcome to the forum, dude!

I think you'll find the atmosphere here more to your liking than some other forums out there. ;)

Hey there, Jesse..

I am hoping you will find we are a fair team here at USMB...it may help to read the rules and guidelines before you dive in,
here: USMB Rules and Guidelines then go ahead and feel free to explore the board. :)

zapwelcome1_zps2500d339.jpg

Enjoy..:)

You never showed me the rules or told me there were any..... I don't feel cared about here.. I'm feeling sad...

But the mods at the other place are Gods, Chris, GODS. Who are you to deny them the worship they have convinced themselves they deserve?

The only way I recognized you was your sense of humor, and your avatar is quite similar if not the same as at the other place. :D

Forum List

Back