How would a rape/incest exception for abortion work?

If it works like anything else government, a lot of lying will be involved.

When you get down to it, most pro-lifers are miserable hateful pricks.

That's what drives them, the hate. They get off on it, and the pro-life philosophy feeds them the hate they desire.
Projection -

Projection is the process of displacing one’s feelings onto a different person, animal, or object. The term is most commonly used to describe defensive projection—attributing one’s own unacceptable urges to another. For example, if someone continuously bullies and ridicules a peer about his insecurities, the bully might be projecting his own struggle with self-esteem onto the other person.

Incest is a non-issue. If the intercourse was consensual and both were above the age of consent, then it is no different than any other pregnancy. No exception. If it was not consensual, then it goes into the "rape" column.

If the claim is of rape, then the rape must be timely reported to the authorities. If not reported, no exception.

But it deserves saying, if abortion is wrong (and most people believe that it is), it is wrong because it is the taking of a human life, and the origin of that life is not relevant in a fetus, any more than it is for a live baby/child. Interestingly though, the people who instantly bring up, "BUT WHAT ABOUT RAPE?????" are people who are fine with abortion up to and including the moment of live birth, so to them rape makes no difference anyway. Don't want a kid? Kill it. The Left is evil.

Boy, how do you manage to control such a wide brush?

I'm anti choice but even I must admit that I have no desire to force a girl or woman who becomes pregnant by rape or incest to carry the child of their abuser to term.

But how would this work? For obvious reasons you couldn't simply have a pregnant woman show up and claim she was a victim of rape or incest out of the blue. Some level of proof of the assault would logically be required.

How would this work in the real world?
Why are you anti choice?

It's not my place.

Which is why I say the decision should be between the woman, the father and her doctor.

And only those three people. Government needs to stay the fuck out of it...
so if your daughter got raped you would tell her to kill the child??
or would you tell her its OK and its her child too regardless who the father is and help her deal with the shock of being rapped??

Incest is a non-issue. If the intercourse was consensual and both were above the age of consent, then it is no different than any other pregnancy. No exception. If it was not consensual, then it goes into the "rape" column.

If the claim is of rape, then the rape must be timely reported to the authorities. If not reported, no exception.

But it deserves saying, if abortion is wrong (and most people believe that it is), it is wrong because it is the taking of a human life, and the origin of that life is not relevant in a fetus, any more than it is for a live baby/child. Interestingly though, the people who instantly bring up, "BUT WHAT ABOUT RAPE?????" are people who are fine with abortion up to and including the moment of live birth, so to them rape makes no difference anyway. Don't want a kid? Kill it. The Left is evil.

So you’re saying right here in front of everybody invest is a non issue, but are calling the left evil?

That pretty much explains it right there boys and girls.

Evil? How do you think a baby would be treated by a mother who is either too poor, young or illequiped to be a mother… any idea how hard it is to raise a child? Whats even more heartbreaking are the babies who get neglected, left crying, starved, malnourished, left in shitty diapers. Think of how many babies will be treated this way for years by mothers who were forced to deliver them against their will. Did you ever think of that?

so if your daughter got raped you would tell her to kill the child??

That decision would be hers.

I thought I've been clear on that point.

If she elected to terminate the pregnancy I would support her decision 100%...

or would you tell her its OK and its her child too regardless who the father is and help her deal with the shock of being rapped??

When I think of "mother and father", I think of a nice happy home, weekend bbq's and Yankee games.

When I think of rapes I think of scumbag criminals, rape kits and SVU's.

I've known two women who've been rape victims; one relatively recently. I can tell you that the average guy has no fucking clue how to help a rape victim "deal with the shock of being rapped [sic]".

The one woman said she would've rather her rapist just killed her.

You nor I are prepared to deal with a mindset like that...

one I am OK with,, I'm not a religious absolutist
Neither am I, but I was just thinking what if some extreme states take the abortion ban thing so far as to even ban such contraceptives? Will anyone try to go full Catholic and ban the sale, use or ownership of all contraception? That's the problem with this issue: for 50 years, the Left took it to the extreme of allowing all abortions period, so now we run the risk of a lot of people going too far in the other direction too.

I might have better liked the SCOTUS decision had they made the decision take effect in 90 days or after the first of the year to allow people and states time to think about and work out these details.

That decision would be hers.

I thought I've been clear on that point.

If she elected to terminate the pregnancy I would support her decision 100%...

When I think of "mother and father", I think of a nice happy home, weekend bbq's and Yankee games.

When I think of rapes I think of scumbag criminals, rape kits and SVU's.

I've known two women who've been rape victims; one relatively recently. I can tell you that the average guy has no fucking clue how to help a rape victim "deal with the shock of being rapped [sic]".

The one woman said she would've rather her rapist just killed her.

You nor I are prepared to deal with a mindset like that...
so youre saying a raped women cant still love her child because of who the father is??

Neither am I, but I was just thinking what if some extreme states take the abortion ban thing so far as to even ban such contraceptives? Will anyone try to go full Catholic and ban the sale, use or ownership of all contraception? That's the problem with this issue: for 50 years, the Left took it to the extreme of allowing all abortions period, so now we run the risk of a lot of people going too far in the other direction too.

I might have better liked the SCOTUS decision had they made the decision take effect in 90 days or after the first of the year to allow people and states time to think about and work out these details.
I support the 10th regardless of the outcome,, and if something happens I just cant accept I can always campaign to change it

so youre saying a raped women cant still love her child because of who the father is??

No, that's not what I'm saying at all.

This would be more fun if you were more intelligent.

What I'm saying is that it's not my place (nor the government's place) to suggest, one way or another, anything to impact the decision she had to make. Whatever that decision ended up being, I would support her 100%...

No, that's not what I'm saying at all.

This would be more fun if you were more intelligent.

What I'm saying is that it's not my place (nor the government's place) to suggest, one way or another, anything to impact the decision she had to make. Whatever that decision ended up being, I would support her 100%...
but yet here you are running your mouth on the subject,,

you baby killers are all the same,,

I'm anti choice but even I must admit that I have no desire to force a girl or woman who becomes pregnant by rape or incest to carry the child of their abuser to term.

But how would this work? For obvious reasons you couldn't simply have a pregnant woman show up and claim she was a victim of rape or incest out of the blue. Some level of proof of the assault would logically be required.

How would this work in the real world?
Now the states can make their own rules... at the state level the representatives are closer to the people... thus are more accountable for their actions and votes.... that's the way it was meant to be... Tyrants rule from the top down we don't work that way here...
The 70's Supremes acted like dictators not justices and it had to be fixed... it took 50 years but what's right is right and we can chalk this up to America still works....

Forum List

Back