How would a rape/incest exception for abortion work?

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009
I'm anti choice but even I must admit that I have no desire to force a girl or woman who becomes pregnant by rape or incest to carry the child of their abuser to term.

But how would this work? For obvious reasons you couldn't simply have a pregnant woman show up and claim she was a victim of rape or incest out of the blue. Some level of proof of the assault would logically be required.

How would this work in the real world?

I'm anti choice but even I must admit that I have no desire to force a girl or woman who becomes pregnant by rape or incest to carry the child of their abuser to term.

But how would this work? For obvious reasons you couldn't simply have a pregnant woman show up and claim she was a victim of rape or incest out of the blue. Some level of proof of the assault would logically be required.

a women knows at the time she was raped and should use the day after pill and report it to police,, I of course would tell the raped women that it is still her child and she is capable of loving it regardless of who the father is,,

as for incest thats a tough one and have no real answer,,

Police report?

Conception is never the child's fault. Compromise not with child killers.

If Abortions are 100% legal for the first 16 weeks, she would have ample time to abort it.

Conception is never the child's fault. Compromise not with child killers.

So you think it best to force a woman to carry her pregnancy to term, carrying the reminder of what is likely the darkest day of her life, and then give birth to a baby she very well may resent?

That's fucking brilliant...

Incest is a non-issue. If the intercourse was consensual and both were above the age of consent, then it is no different than any other pregnancy. No exception. If it was not consensual, then it goes into the "rape" column.

If the claim is of rape, then the rape must be timely reported to the authorities. If not reported, no exception.

But it deserves saying, if abortion is wrong (and most people believe that it is), it is wrong because it is the taking of a human life, and the origin of that life is not relevant in a fetus, any more than it is for a live baby/child. Interestingly though, the people who instantly bring up, "BUT WHAT ABOUT RAPE?????" are people who are fine with abortion up to and including the moment of live birth, so to them rape makes no difference anyway. Don't want a kid? Kill it. The Left is evil.

So you think it best to force a woman to carry her pregnancy to term, carrying the reminder of what is likely the darkest day of her life, and then give birth to a baby she very well may resent?

That's fucking brilliant...
who are you to say she would resent her own child??

Forum List

Back