How Will States that Ban Abortions Deal With Abortion Pills Sold Online?

The question I have is what are the states that ban abortion going to do about this? Will these abortion laws go the same route as the Prohibition law?

When I was in Sturgis at the motorcycle rally a couple weeks ago, I came across a vendor selling silencers. Yep, silencers. They're not cheap (they start at about $1,000), but you can certainly buy them, and the company will happily ship one to me here in Florida. They would not, however, ship one to me if I lived in California.

I think any workable solution would require an online seller to agree not to ship into certain states...

I think any workable solution would require an online seller to agree not to ship into certain states...
You have specific shippers now in business JUST to get around state regulations, so thats not going to happen.

The only other thing is to go after the doctors, but that can be fixed by having doctors in safe states that shield them from legal liability (starting to occur now). Additionally, there is nothing stopping these shippers from shipping without a prescription in the future (if they require one now).

Women should decide on abortion. It is they who are affected most not men In the Supreme Court 4 men and 1 women overturned Roe. In most state that banned abortion, men made the decision. In Alabama, the state with the most restrictive ban, no women was allowed to vote on the abortion law. In the state of Texas only 35% of women supported the ban. As you look at polls across country in states that banned abortion the support is strongest among men, not women. One poll showed that republican women were divide equally on support for overturning Roe.
So in your mind, abortion should be completely unregulated? No laws pertaining to the procedure?

No state has imposed a ban.

Those are your religious beliefs. Some religions do not belief life being until the baby comes out of the womb. Take your shit and shove it up your ass. Of course you are a man so wer can see why you are ignorant.
Don't get pregnant, stupid.

Freedom of speech will be a new abortion battleground because of this.
In the middle of July, three big blue billboards went up in and around Jackson, Mississippi. Pregnant? You still have a choice, they informed passing motorists, inviting them to visit Mayday.Health to learn more. Anybody who did landed on a website that provides information about at-home abortion pills and ways to get them delivered anywhere in the United States—including parts of the country, such as Mississippi, where abortions are now illegal under most circumstances.

A few days ago, the founders of the nonprofit that paid for the billboard ads, Mayday Health, received a subpoena from the office of the attorney general of Mississippi. (The state has already been at the center of recent debates about abortion: Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, the ruling that overturned Roe v. Wade, upheld a Mississippi statute by allowing states to put strict limits on abortion.) The subpoena, which I have seen, demands a trove of documents about Mayday Health and its activities. It may be the first step in an effort to force Mayday Health to take down the billboards, or even to prosecute the organization’s leaders for aiding and abetting criminal conduct.

Mayday Health is not backing down. This week, it is taking out a television ad on Mississippi channels and putting up 20 additional billboards. This makes the legal fight over the Jackson billboards a crucial test in two interrelated conflicts about abortion that are still coming into public view.

colorado was the first state to legalize weed Currently, cannabis sales in Colorado must take place in properly licensed Colorado dispensaries. While you may find businesses (like delivery services) advertising alternative methods of purchasing cannabis, you should approach these opportunities with caution. Many are not legally compliant and can result in trouble for both you and the business operators. in other words, you can't order by mail and you can't have it delivered legally ... you can get arrested
Cannabis is an federal illegal controlled substance so it can be sent through the mail. Abortions pills are an FDA approved medication so they can be mailed.

Freedom of speech will be a new abortion battleground because of this.
In the middle of July, three big blue billboards went up in and around Jackson, Mississippi. Pregnant? You still have a choice, they informed passing motorists, inviting them to visit Mayday.Health to learn more. Anybody who did landed on a website that provides information about at-home abortion pills and ways to get them delivered anywhere in the United States—including parts of the country, such as Mississippi, where abortions are now illegal under most circumstances.

A few days ago, the founders of the nonprofit that paid for the billboard ads, Mayday Health, received a subpoena from the office of the attorney general of Mississippi. (The state has already been at the center of recent debates about abortion: Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, the ruling that overturned Roe v. Wade, upheld a Mississippi statute by allowing states to put strict limits on abortion.) The subpoena, which I have seen, demands a trove of documents about Mayday Health and its activities. It may be the first step in an effort to force Mayday Health to take down the billboards, or even to prosecute the organization’s leaders for aiding and abetting criminal conduct.

Mayday Health is not backing down. This week, it is taking out a television ad on Mississippi channels and putting up 20 additional billboards. This makes the legal fight over the Jackson billboards a crucial test in two interrelated conflicts about abortion that are still coming into public view.
Good for Mayday. States may be get away with denying the spread of information about abortion within the state but they have no control over the Internet. Now it republicans get control of the federal government again, they will certainly try do what they can to stop the spread of such information and most assuredly try to stop abortion pills going thru the mail. Saying the fetus is the republican priority, not the lives women.

Last edited:
Without a federal warrant from a federal judge.
No federal judge is going issue a warrant to seize a drug that according to federal law can be legally mailed. Also the abortion drug is used for medical purposes other than abortions. I don't know of any state abortion laws that forbid the possession of the mean of having an abortion.

Last edited:
When I was in Sturgis at the motorcycle rally a couple weeks ago, I came across a vendor selling silencers. Yep, silencers. They're not cheap (they start at about $1,000), but you can certainly buy them, and the company will happily ship one to me here in Florida. They would not, however, ship one to me if I lived in California.

Some suppliers of abortions pills will not ship to some states possible because they do business in that state or they are not sure about the laws. And still others are abutilon clinics that monitor the patient or require tests.

According to USPS 432.1 a suppressor is considered a "concealable firearm" it cannot be mailed. But that will not stop some people because the USPS does check every piece of mail

Cannabis is an federal illegal controlled substance so it can be sent through the mail. Abortions pills are an FDA approved medication so they can be mailed.
Cannabis can be sent through the mail? So, here inWashington where marijuana is legal, I can legally send some in the US mail to someone else?

Abortion Pills are now being sold on the Internet by at least 6 different companies. Prices range from $110 to $450. A site called plancpills.org has information on the pills and where to get them. These companies also offer mail forwarding so states with abortion bans will not be able to trace the address of a package back to the company. Also shipping the pills through the US mail is legal.

In Mexico abortion is not illegal. They leave that up to the various states, however women are protected against prosecution for having an abortion. In most Mexican states the abortion pills are available at pharmacies, some require a prescriptions which is readily available but other sell the pills over the counter and they are cheaper than buying them online. And they can be legally carried into the US.

The question I have is what are the states that ban abortion going to do about this? Will these abortion laws go the same route as the Prohibition law?
No one will stop this, just like they can't stop narcotics or alcohol. Women throughout the country will have access to these abortion pills regardless of what the government does. They'll just create a black market for these pills.

You have specific shippers now in business JUST to get around state regulations, so thats not going to happen.

The only other thing is to go after the doctors, but that can be fixed by having doctors in safe states that shield them from legal liability (starting to occur now). Additionally, there is nothing stopping these shippers from shipping without a prescription in the future (if they require one now).

Well, I suppose a law could be passed to make it illegal to ship them like that. I eschew new laws as a general rule, but that would certainly address the situation.

When I was up in Sturgis two weeks ago, there was a vendor there selling silencers. They'll gladly ship one to me here in Florida. I'd be shit outta' luck, though, if I lived in California...

You do not understand privacy rights. Tyranny through the democratic process is still tyranny. Roe vs Wade was about protecting women's personal rights against big government and government tyranny.
There is a 3rd party you are leaving out here. A women's right is no more valuable than the baby's. Also, Roe v Wade did not abolish abortion, it gave it back to the states where it belonged. This is the United STATES of America.

Well, I suppose a law could be passed to make it illegal to ship them like that. I eschew new laws as a general rule, but that would certainly address the situation.

When I was up in Sturgis two weeks ago, there was a vendor there selling silencers. They'll gladly ship one to me here in Florida. I'd be shit outta' luck, though, if I lived in California...
Interstate commerce is governed by Federal Law not state.

There is a 3rd party you are leaving out here. A women's right is no more valuable than the baby's. Also, Roe v Wade did not abolish abortion, it gave it back to the states where it belonged. This is the United STATES of America.
Evidently the ChristoMAGAs don't believe that,trying to enforce their laws across state boundaries.

Forum List

Back