How will democrats attract Republican voters?

Fewer and fewer people identify as either of the major two organized political parties. More and more folks identify as liberal, conservative, independent, etc... The parties break along the same fissures but seldom do they mirror the cracks within the crust itself.
Yeah, there are more people registered as Independents than as Republicans or Democrats.

Republicans and Democrats barely add up to half the voters.

You'd think that would tell them something.

You'd THINK.

Democrats don't attract, the indoctrinate

They do this through the schools and the media.

In fact, they have no earthly ability to attract anything.

They are disgusting, after all.
No need to attract registered republicans. And, if anyone is inclined to still vote for Trump after witnessing his debacle in office, why would they ever convert for any reason. Besides, the independents are the ones to educate, not the dwindling republican party.
When we look at the history of Franklin Roosevelt for example. He kept on winning over more and more Republican voters if you look at the numbers from the 1932 election to 1936 to 1940 he was winning more and more Republicans. Crushing elections he was the most popular candidate in the history of America. There were Republicans who hated Roosevelt in 1933 and 1936 but I 1940 1942 he won over practically all of the country. I have not met one single World War II veteran who is against Franklin Roosevelt. And the only people who don’t like Roosevelt today have been brainwashed by modern day big pharma and big business . The big business of the past the big-time CEOs were actually pro American, pro middle-class these were the man who built America now today’s CEOs are a disgrace to America. Again people who claim to love America will never say anything bad about the greatest generation the World War II generation the men and women who worked at the factories and all of them that I have ever met said FDR was the greatest candidate ever he was able to win over Republican voters.

Well if you remember the 2016 election Many experts said that the Democrats lost in large part because Hillary Clinton insulted half of America by calling Republican voters “ deplorable‘s. “So if Joe Biden does something like that he could lose the election.

Likewise if the Republican candidate says well half of the country are deplorable‘s that could help them lose the election. Who would’ve ever thought that Donald Trump would win in 2016 it was shocking. I actually voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. I voted for Trump in 2020 so for me it’s been lost after loss and it really gets to you it really stinks voting for the losing candidate. I voted for the Republican candidates for governor in New York in the past gubernatorial elections and they keep losing it really is aggravating voting for losers.

We were told there was going to be a “red wave” in the 2022 midterms and of course there wasn’t …you know how upsetting this was for me.

You should’ve seen the types of things I was saying about Donald Trump in 2015 and 2016 I was probably more critical of him than any person on this board. But you see people change over history …. candidates win people over or they lose them and I was won over to Mr. Trump by how great our economy was under him and how he stood up to race Baiters‘s. I was never supportive of BLM, and in 2016 BLM wasn’t really that big neither was race division at least in my view that seem to have taken off in 2018 and 2020 during the George Floyd riots in my opinion.

So I think one way for Republicans to win over working class Democrats is to talk about how too many Democrats are today our race baiters and how they are against American history. Republicans like Donald Trump said he is for Medicare and Social Security that is a very important thing to win over Democrat voters. He also has supported unions this is very critical to wedding over Democrats.

And it’s the same thing with the Democratic candidate whether it’s Biden or somebody else …the way they can win over Republicans is to talk about how they stand up for race equality how they stand against BLM and the race dividers. This includes publicly speaking out against reparations payments for slavery which makes no sense at all because slavery was always a global issue not an American issue.

More people voted for Trump then any President in United States history, in 2016 he got 62,984,828 votes, and in 2020 got even more with 74, 223,975....that's 137,208,803 votes...nobody has ever gotten that many votes.

More people voted AGAINST Trump….84 million than any sitting President in history
For reference, Obama had 64 million vote against him in 2012, 20 MILLION less than voted against Trump

Trump lost the House, the Senate, and the White House. No president had achieved that trifecta since Hoover. I wonder if it is a coincidence that Hoover was also a businessman president.

So as I asked at the beginning, how will the Republicans win without dumping Trump?

Nope. More people voted for Biden than any President in history.

That's why Biden was sworn in and not Trump.
137,208,803 > 81 million.

Try again. Xiden won in 2020, but that was one election...trump has been in two.

One way for a republican or democrat to win over a huge chunk of Americans is to say we’re going to rebuild the destroyed statues of Andrew Jackson, Christopher Columbus and St. Louis ….people who had nothing at all to do with the confederate states by the way. So I have yet to see any Republican or Democrat even talk about these issues. And that’s really important for civilization to have those statues put back up.

There’s no logic behind the terrorism of the destruction of historical statues in our country because there are Africans, Indians, Asian people who also could be painted in a negative light(which is wrong in a broad sweeping generalization of the men and women of history) when it comes to understanding historic figures.

Trump lost the House, the Senate, and the White House. No president had achieved that trifecta since Hoover. I wonder if it is a coincidence that Hoover was also a businessman president.

So as I asked at the beginning, how will the Republicans win without dumping Trump?
Last I checked after the 2016 election the GOP had Congress and the White House....so no other since Obama.

How will democrats attract Republican voters?​

By having Republicans run Trump for a third time
Unfortunately for Biden, he won't be able to hide behind COVID, campaign from his basement, read teleprompters and or productionized interviews.

Kamala Harris can share and teach how much she likes Venn Diagrams.

Become classical liberals and fight for civil liberties, free speech, free markers and accountable government. It is the sweet spot that neither party seems interested in occupying...

More people voted AGAINST Trump….84 million than any sitting President in history
For reference, Obama had 64 million vote against him in 2012, 20 MILLION less than voted against Trump
Obama was only able to get 135,414,311 people out to vote for him, far less then what Trump was able to get out to vote for him.

The economy is fine. GDP growth under Biden has been better than under Trump. Unemployment is lower than under Trump.

There are 11 million job openings.

You have a funny definition of "in the shitter"!

And Biden polls higher than anyone else in the field.
When Biden constituents know more about sports and pop culture than the politicians they elect, why would any of this matter to these low-information voters?

He kept on winning over more and more Republican voters if you look at the numbers from the 1932 election to 1936 to 1940 he was winning more and more Republicans.
It’s still a confusing debate. It was far different numbers wise than it is now. If you mean voters who are registered republicans, I stand by my comments. If you mean voters who have voted for republicans, many of which also voted for Obama, then yes, they were duped.

But registered Republicans are such a small number of the electorate, they aren’t worth the trouble. Registered non affiliated party members or independents are the Largest group of voters. Republicans now have no policies by their own admittance that even helps their base. That’s why their numbers are dwindling and will continue.

Why mess with Fix News watchers.

The Democrats managed to attract many millions of Republican voters in 2018 and 2020 and 2022.
'
The real question is how will Republicans attract voters without dumping Trump?
But why rule out Donald Trump in 2016 he was at 1.1% to win the election. His odds are much higher here in 2023. Donald Trump is the leading Republican candidate right now by far and wide so it’s likely going to be him vs Biden in 2024. If Biden cannot fix the economy and do something about the racial division I could see Trump winning in 2024.

Republicans are illiterate. They’re opinions are inconsequential.
Democrats are diversified .. and land jobs they aren't qualified to do (e.g. look at biden administration and nominations). Unless of course, you want to steal suitcases filled with women's clothing in order to fulfill your job responsbilities.

Obama was only able to get 135,414,311 people out to vote for him, far less then what Trump was able to get out to vote for him.
Totally dependent upon n invalid comparison. There was no pandemic under Obama and most everyone had opportunity to vote by mail. It enhanced the participation by everyone. You brag about Trump ? He wasn’t even running vs Obama. Compare him to Biden who beat him in a landslide.

Yeah, there are more people registered as Independents than as Republicans or Democrats.

Republicans and Democrats barely add up to half the voters.

You'd think that would tell them something.

You'd THINK.
Even worse is that like with anything else....if you're not gaga about someone or something, you find an alternative or, even worse from their view, simply pull the ripcord and leave all together.

Trump, in 2020, got a smaller percentage of the votes in many red states than he got in 2016. It wasn't a huge percentage but, you'd figure, that with the alleged charisma, the onset of early voting, and the alleged good job he did, the percentages would not only be greater across the board in red states but off-the-charts. It wasn't the case. In Alabama, the overall participation (I don't like using the term "turnout" since there are so many voting absentee) was down 5% from 2016 to 2020. The percent that voted for Trump was down by .05%. This is Alabama. So the Republicans stayed home. The Democrats are going to stay home in 2024 as they did in 2022. Put another way, the customers are indifferent.

I don't think you'll see too many deciding they will vote for R instead of D or vice versa; you'll simply see the customers--the party members--not showing up for church.

Totally dependent upon n invalid comparison. There was no pandemic under Obama and most everyone had opportunity to vote by mail. It enhanced the participation by everyone. You brag about Trump ? He wasn’t even running vs Obama. Compare him to Biden who beat him in a landslide.
i did, more people have voted for trump to be president then for xiden.

Forum List

Back