How We Can Absolutely KNOW Absolutely That We Are Saved.

Are you supposed to be able to know?
No. That is why it is by faith that we are saved.
Your faith in what you've been told. Seems you're telling God what to do if you claim you're saved.
How and where exactly in my statement above that you quoted am I telling God what to do?
You are claiming you are saved. That may or may not be true but the decision is God's not yours. Right?
I thought it was a two way street, where God offers and it is up to me to accept. Do you believe or are you just trying to impugn me?
Just trying to understand what I see as a contradiction. I would never call your faith into question. I'm not a believer but I can't prove there is no God any more than you can prove there is one.

No. That is why it is by faith that we are saved.
Your faith in what you've been told. Seems you're telling God what to do if you claim you're saved.
How and where exactly in my statement above that you quoted am I telling God what to do?
You are claiming you are saved. That may or may not be true but the decision is God's not yours. Right?
I thought it was a two way street, where God offers and it is up to me to accept. Do you believe or are you just trying to impugn me?
Just trying to understand what I see as a contradiction. I would never call your faith into question. I'm not a believer but I can't prove there is no God any more than you can prove there is one.
Without preaching the whole gospel to you, I'll just sum it up like this. That's the whole idea of Faith. In a different way, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Yes, alang, you will know it by that contented heart full of joy you have in and for the dear Lord who loved you from the time you were two cells in your mother's body until you breathe your last breath knowing you are in God's everlasting and loving arms. Be blessed by his goodness every day for the remainder and never worry again, for He loves those who trust in him. Yea!!!

The very fact that one is concerned regarding one's own salvation is an outstanding sign that one even cares. And if one wishes to be saved, one will beseech GOD, seeking forgiveness, and desiring that salvation that Christ alone so offers.

How We Can Absolutely KNOW Absolutely That We Are Saved:
By JAG
(written for my grand grandchildren ~ May 17, 2021)

All we Christians need to have the assurance of our salvation. A large
number of we Christians, in the past at times, have struggled against
doubt. The problem is this: Sometimes we feel like we're saved and
sometimes we feel like maybe we're not saved ~ or at least we have
some doubts that enter our minds. The solution to this problem is to
never trust your feelings on this issue because your feelings will
change with the wind. Your feelings will go from high's to low's
based on the changing winds of circumstances. Instead of trusting
in your feelings on this issue, put all your trust in God's Word which
never changes and God has said clearly and specifically that we can
KNOW for certain that we are saved. And God does not tell lies. He
always tells the truth. So? So "have faith in God" and KNOW that
you are saved.

("Have faith in God"__The Lord Jesus in Mark 11:22)

■ "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God
so that you may KNOW that you have eternal life." 1 John 5:13

"SO THAT YOU MAY KNOW YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE"

■ "My sheep listen to my voice. I know them, and they follow Me. I give
them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them
out of My hand. My Father, who gave them to me is greater that all,
and no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand."
John 10:27-28

"THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH"

■ "We KNOW that we have passed from death to life, because we love
each other."
1 John 3:14

"WE KNOW THAT WE HAVE PASED FROM DEATH TO LIFE"

■ "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that
whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16

"SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE."

■ "Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys My word will never see death"
{that is, spiritual death ~ being lost}
John 8:51

"WILL NEVER SEE DEATH"

■ "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears My word and believes Him who
sent Me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from
death to life."
John 5:24

"WILL NOT BE JUDGED BUT HAS CROSSED OVER FROM DEATH TO
LIFE"

■ "Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes
in Me will live, even though they die, and whoever lives by believing in Me will
never die."
John 11:25-26

"WILL LIVE, EVEN THOUGH THEY DIE . . . WILL NEVER DIE"

■ "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins
and purify us from all unrighteousness."
1 John 1:9

"WILL FORGIVE US OUR SINS"

■ "For I am convinced that neither death not life, neither angles or demons,
neither the present or the future, nor any powers, neither height or depth,
nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love
of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39

{NOTHING IN THE UNIVERSE CAN) "SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF
GOD"

So if you ever have any doubts that you are saved, immediately read those
Bible verses up there and KNOW that you are saved. If Satan ever tries to
convince you that you are not saved, read those Bible verses up there and
KNOW that you are saved.

God Bless.
Granddaddy

[]
For you, salvation is a matter of faith, your faith is the answer; look no further, have no doubts. Sounds like you've got this one in the bag.

Without preaching the whole gospel to you, I'll just sum it up like this. That's the whole idea of Faith. In a different way, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
But what if your faith is in the wrong god, and the true god gets upset and you suffer for it? You know...basically what you are suggesting about others

Jag,
1/-You make things more complicated (and therefore unaccessable) than they should be for those who are not of the same faith as you (if they have one, and I am not against Atheists as they taught me quite A Lot & I love'em!)
2/-The Catholic Bible contains 74 books, The Protestant 66, Yet the document you are sharing has only the book of John, and one verse of Romans. Perhaps you should ask the author the reason why he chose to ignore the other books because that's a lot to ignore considering the importance of theTheme. Surely, those books have been included for a reason.
3/-I would pick Matthew 7:12 as far as "being saved", and I don't eve worry about that as I am Christian-Reincarnationist.
Matthew 7:12 says:
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, for this sums up the the Law and the Prophets."
...I have to confess that I got the reference from an Atheist documentary. And the narrator was arguing that considering the multi faceted nature of the verse, tha it really renders the entire biblical library irrelevant if only one decides to live by the above verse on a consistant basis. They won't need to worry about the rest.
Like I said Atheists guide me even when it comes to subjects that have nothing to do with science. And of all of them: Religious ones?!

For you, salvation is a matter of faith, your faith is the answer; look no further, have no doubts. Sounds like you've got this one in the bag.
I do.
You can have that too.
Jesus said, "Have faith in God"__ Mark 11:22
So I do. Its just that simple.
Say goodbye to making your intellect # 1
Your intellect will NOT be there for you in the end when
you are alone and need Someone to tell you how to
overcome Death and live forever see John 11:25-26

Not to even mention Someone that will be with you
and help you when you go through the fires and trials
of life. See Isaiah 41:10

Best Regards.

JAG

``

I can assure you there is no salvation. You die like all animals and there's no heaven or hell. Its extremely arrogant to think because you believe in a god that your have unique access to eternity while wilfully dismiss unbelievers to hell.
Come to terms with death because it is vain and presumptuous of all godbotherers to think they get another life after this.
You can assure me?

Have you done it before?

God and religion are two different things. You seem to have a hard time separating the two.
Hmm, no, i see that there are more god characters than religions, so the meaning remains. This is one advantage of not having a mind addled by silly religious dogma.

Hmm, no, i see that there are more god characters than religions, so the meaning remains. This is one advantage of not having a mind addled by silly religious dogma.
Different perceptions of God.

Are you so insecure in your disbelief that you are afraid to argue from a position of reason?

So just to be clear... you believe my mind is addled because I believe that God created existence?

The universe is explainable only through consciousness. The universe is finely tuned to support consciousness because consciousness created the universe, not the other way around. Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is the constant presence of Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create and imbued His creation with His attributes.

Meaningless tautology.
Nobel Laureate George Wald said that.

"...It is primarily physicists who in recent times have expressed most clearly and forthrightly this pervasive relationship between mind and matter, and indeed at times the primacy of mind. Arthur Eddington in 1928 wrote, “the stuff of the world is mind‑stuff ... The mind‑stuff is not spread in space and time.... Recognizing that the physical world is entirely abstract and without ‘actuality’ apart from its linkage to consciousness, we restore consciousness to the fundamental position . . .”

Von Weizsacker in 1971 states as “a new and, I feel, intelligible interpretation of quantum theory” what he calls his “Identity Hypothesis: Consciousness and matter are different aspects of the same reality.”

I like most of all Wolfgang Pauli’s formulation, from 1952: “To us . . . the only acceptable point of view appears to be the one that recognizes both sides of reality -- the quantitative and the qualitative, the physical and the psychical -- as compatible with each other, and can embrace them simultaneously . . . It would be most satisfactory of all if physis and psyche (i.e., matter and mind) could be seen as complementary aspects of the same reality.”

What this kind of thought means essentially is that one has no more basis for considering the existence of matter without its complementary aspect of mind, than for asking that elementary particles not also be waves.

As for this seeming a strange viewpoint for a scientist -- at least until one gets used to it -- as in so many other instances, what is wanted is not so much an acceptable concept as an acceptable rhetoric. If I say, with Eddington, “the stuff of the world is mind‑stuff,” that has a metaphysical ring. But if I say that ultimate reality is expressed in the solutions of the equations of quantum mechanics, quantum electrodynamics, and quantum field theory -- that sounds like good, modern physics. Yet what are those equations, indeed what is mathematics, but mind‑stuff? -- virtually the ultimate in mind‑stuff and for that reason deeply mysterious..."

Forum List

Back