How to Respond to Aggressive Russian Actions Against US Navy

Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Simply issue the order to lock all weapon systems onto incoming aircraft. All kinds of warnings will go off in the Russian aircraft letting him know one push of a button and R2-D2 will go to work. It's then the pilots choice to determine if WE are bluffing or not.

Yeah, I'd probably do that. No reason not to really, if it happens again.

Another option is to simply fuck with them in a different way.

We've got some lovely submarines that can sneak right up Ivan's asshole, or I'm sure we can come up with some other means of jerking them around to tweak their noses and show them they can get fucked, while not looking to spark a live fire incident.

The best response would be for the White House spokesperson to get on TV and say, "while we are concerned Russian pilots are poorly trained and and lack experience, they are no real threat to anyone".

A Putin bitch-slap just hanging out there like a matzah-ball.

some other means of jerking them around to tweak their noses and show them they can get fucked, while not looking to spark a live fire incident.

actually I think that is just what Russia was doing to us......tweaking our noses...again...just to see if & how we'd respond. And again we failed....

The last time an American navy captain got all trigger happy the dumshit shot down an airliner

There are a thousand ways to respond to this type of flyover without engaging a fight or shot. Obama & Kerry took the lame road with 'Oh wow, looky there'

Simply issue the order to lock all weapon systems onto incoming aircraft. All kinds of warnings will go off in the Russian aircraft letting him know one push of a button and R2-D2 will go to work. It's then the pilots choice to determine if WE are bluffing or not.

The Phalanx is a badass weapons system. We had two on a ship I was on in the early 80s. Doing the testing tinvolved an F-14 doing a flyby towing a metal cone. After the cone was destroyed, the Phalanx started tracking up the wire. The CO let it go for a couple of seconds, just to give the pilot a boost.

Before I was on that command, I was stationed on a submarine. When ever we left Charleston or Kings Bay GA, a russian trawler would try to follow us. They never stayed with us for long at all.

Obama was watching the basketball game at the White House theatre, he couldn't be bothered.

Bothered by what? By the time he knew about it it was over. The last thing we need is a president micromanaging the actions of every captain in the fleet.

Besides, this sort of shit happened all the time during the Cold War. It is not a big deal as long as no one starts shooting.

The last time an American navy captain got all trigger happy the dumshit shot down an airliner

There are a thousand ways to respond to this type of flyover without engaging a fight or shot. Obama & Kerry took the lame road with 'Oh wow, looky there'

You have no idea what action was taken during this incident. None whatsoever.

We've got some lovely submarines that can sneak right up Ivan's asshole, or I'm sure we can come up with some other means of jerking them around to tweak their noses and show them they can get fucked, while not looking to spark a live fire incident.
The US already does that. We often shadow their subs with aircraft, including helicopters. It is our version of buzzing. Russia does it more for domestic propaganda and political reasons. The US does not show a need to publicize it when we screw with them. A heck of a lot of Americans would frown on such action, in Russia, they cheer.

some other means of jerking them around to tweak their noses and show them they can get fucked, while not looking to spark a live fire incident.

actually I think that is just what Russia was doing to us......tweaking our noses...again...just to see if & how we'd respond. And again we failed....

The fly by's were a hollow threat as the planes were carrying no armament. It was simply reckless behavior and as a pilot I laugh at their false and dangerous bravado. Good pilots do not take stupid chances. Clearly they are not good pilots. They are laughable.

I always believed in giving them 3 warning shots in the chest.

For what it's worth.....Russia was doing this during the Carter Administration back in the 70s.

The U.S.S. Kitty Hawk was buzzed by a Russian bomber. Russians often do unauthorized fly-bys on our ships.......the problem was nobody saw it till it flew a hundred feet over our flight-deck.

I was stationed on that ship when it happened.

All hell broke loose after that.

JDW_7-5-71_overflight.jpg

The US already does that. We often shadow their subs with aircraft, including helicopters. It is our version of buzzing. Russia does it more for domestic propaganda and political reasons. The US does not show a need to publicize it when we screw with them. A heck of a lot of Americans would frown on such action, in Russia, they cheer.

Yep, I know this cat and mouse game goes on all the time. To me, this wasn't a big deal, really, due to that fact.

Is it enough to get all pissed and spark a potential incident, no. I would, however, make sure it didn't go completely unanswered even it was just an American crew mooning their Russian counterparts on a cruise by, and that they knew damn well the reason why.

Here's your reset button, Ivan! lol

Yep, I know this cat and mouse game goes on all the time. To me, this wasn't a big deal, really, due to that fact.

Is it enough to get all pissed and spark a potential incident, no. I would, however, make sure it didn't go completely unanswered even it was just an American crew mooning their Russian counterparts on a cruise by, and that they knew damn well the reason why.

Here's your reset button, Ivan! lol
We puy American troops on their border at Kaliningrad just a few weeks ago. Just like with the USS Cook in the Black Sea, we get close enough to their major ports and airbases, well within the range of being suspected spy ships, and after awhile they try to chase us away.

Obama was watching the basketball game at the White House theatre, he couldn't be bothered.

Bothered by what? By the time he knew about it it was over. The last thing we need is a president micromanaging the actions of every captain in the fleet.

Besides, this sort of shit happened all the time during the Cold War. It is not a big deal as long as no one starts shooting.
Actually if anything, this is exactly the type of shit that the president should be on top of and micromanaging. We are talking about a possible confrontation with a nuclear superpower and one of the world's strongest militaries.

He has has time though, to comment about every single case that a black thug gets busted by a police officer, in order to divide Americans even more.

Forum List

Back