How To Cook Steak?

steak is murder :evil:

not grilling the steak is a hate crime.

But it's supposed to snow, L.K.

*Annoying whiney sounds*

3305902692_7f976fddb3.jpg

My best friend uses this method, and it works great: (She uses a grill pan)

Stove-to-Oven Method

1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Place the frying pan on a burner; turn the burner on high and wait until the pan starts smoking (do not use any oil).

3. Lay the steak on the hot skillet and fry the meat for 30 to 60 seconds until it smokes; flip the meat and sear the other side for the same amount of time.

4. Slide the frying pan into the hot oven. Turn the steak over in the pan after two minutes for rare to medium rare; after four minutes for medium to well done.

5. Remove the frying pan from the oven and serve the steak, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. Rare steaks should not cook longer than five minutes total time (the meat should yield easily when poked with a finger; for medium steak, cook for seven to eight minutes. More thoroughly cooked meat will be firm when poked. For a well-done steak, poke the meat with a fork or knife; if any bloody juices seep from the steak, cook it for another three or four minutes and test it again.

How to Oven Grill Steak | eHow.com

I bought two gorgeous steaks

This first part of your statement could be a problem. The juiciest, tenderest & best tasting steak starts off with marbling. The steak must have fat marbled through them. If it looks pretty & red, it will be dry & tough like shoe leather.

I dunno...I never buy steak. The butcher said they were great steaks, and I believed him. They aren't red and white in equal amounts.....I am beginning to think I should just order pizza!

*Laughs*

:flameth: :cow:

They sound fine then. I was of the opinion that you picked some "pretty looking steaks" from the grocery store cooler. They do not need equal amounts of fat. Just a little marbled through the red muscle. If the butcher said they are great then they likely are.

Just send them to me so I can do some quality control taste testing for you just to be sure. ;)

This first part of your statement could be a problem. The juiciest, tenderest & best tasting steak starts off with marbling. The steak must have fat marbled through them. If it looks pretty & red, it will be dry & tough like shoe leather.

I dunno...I never buy steak. The butcher said they were great steaks, and I believed him. They aren't red and white in equal amounts.....I am beginning to think I should just order pizza!

*Laughs*

They sound fine then. I was of the opinion that you picked some "pretty looking steaks" from the grocery store cooler. They do not need equal amounts of fat. Just a little marbled through the red muscle. If the butcher said they are great then they likely are.

Just send them to me so I can do some quality control taste testing for you just to be sure. ;)

I have half a mind to, but I think I shall at least *try* to cook them. Good grief, this ain't rocket science. I dunno what it is about the kitchen that makes me panic....o ya, all those fires, he he hee.

*Laughs*

I have half a mind to, but I think I shall at least *try* to cook them. Good grief, this ain't rocket science. I dunno what it is about the kitchen that makes me panic....o ya, all those fires, he he hee.

The smoke detector does double duty as a timer. When it goes off, dinner's ready.

First questions

What kind of steak
and
How thick are they
and
How do you like them rare-well done
??????

well done filet ..damn paulie..that is simply too embaressing to address on a message board...

grill the damned steaks..we grill in the snow....now i like my steak medium rare....alt likes her steak tossed on the grill...turned over quickly and bleeding all over the plate...no one eats their steak more than medium and we frown on that

use a beer or wine marinade...

well done filet ..damn paulie..that is simply too embaressing to address on a message board...

grill the damned steaks..we grill in the snow....now i like my steak medium rare....alt likes her steak tossed on the grill...turned over quickly and bleeding all over the plate...no one eats their steak more than medium and we frown on that

Bones, well done filet is still like eating a piece of butter. It still melts in your mouth.

I don't eat rare meat. I can stomach medium, though.

The animal's blood doesn't pique my hunger, I guess.

I cook filet well done.

Suck on it.

I think I'd rather suck on a piece of charcoal.

If I ever win the intertubez, I'm going to order all steak cooked well done so that only myself and the apparent other 5 people in the entire world who like it that way can have it to ourselves.

Well, if it follows the laws of supply and demand, you should be able to pick it up cheaper than a can of dog food too! :lol:

Absolutely best oven broiled steak: Sirloin Steak Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network

I make wintertime steaks like this all the time, the next best thing to grilling on the webber.

The aluminum foil snake keeps the door open enough to keep the broiler on.

Just as in outdoor grilling, allow your steak to reach close to room temp. before cooking.

Last edited:

Bones, well done filet is still like eating a piece of butter. It still melts in your mouth.

Don't you mean shoe leather? :eusa_eh:

Don't you mean shoe leather? :eusa_eh:

i guess he meant frozen butter.

One can only grill a good steak. One can never broil or panfry a good steak.

I recommend just sending them all to me.

Oh fiddlesticks.
I can panfry ANYTHING and it is always delish.

But I'm exceptional when it comes to cooking meat.

Madeline, let them come to room temp. Then either use the broiler (it will probably smoke because the fat will hit the burners) or you can pan fry. You bring your pan up to a good med/high heat, when it's hot put a little butter in, swirl it around, put the steak on. Cook about 3 minutes.

Then turn it over, do the same thing. Put some butter on the top when you flip it, smear it around.

And when you take it off...LET IT REST for 5 minutes, if you can. It will be better.

Forum List

Back