How The NRA Enables Massacres

Waiting periods.
Mandetory background checks.
Gun Registries

None of that would have changed what happened.

CA has a 10 day waiting period on handguns. Every gun purchased from a gun dealer goes thru a background check. CA registers every handgun purchased.

Want to try again?

Then the background check was inadequate.

Hey, remember when Bradley Manning passed all of our secrets along to WikiLeaks? Did someone say, "Hey, I guess he passed a background check!"

Hell, no. They did a top to bottom review of how data was handled and who had access to it.

Obviously, we don't have a "National Espionage Association" fighting for "Freedom".

But what they didn't do was prosecute and bankrupt the clerk who checked the documents out to him. And that is basically what you want done.

Yes, please push to make shrinks report crazies to the database that feeds the NICS. If THAT had been done, Rodgers wouldn't have been able to buy a gun from the dealer.

Oh, and if you do want to push to have the crazies in the database, the nrA will help you. They have been trying to get that done better for years.

Perhaps instead of blaming the gun you people should start blaming a failed society. Just a thought. Generally speaking we didn't have kids murdering other kids with Tommy Guns back in the 20's. We didn't have kids worshiping thug hip hop music and so on.

Um, no, what we had in the 1920's was bootleggers shooting each other who got to sell illegal liquor to the upstanding citizens who didn't realize that the Prohibition thing was serious.

But the main reason why you didn't have the level of mayhem then that you have now is because no one in 1920 had a delusion that there was a "right" to own a gun. They had strict gun laws. THe courts upheld them (See Miller v. US) Even the NRA was more concerned with rifle safety instead of flooding the market with guns.

Took me just 20 minutes to get my first AR. Simple shit. No felonies or mental institutions = no problems. The average PTSD vet is on a no gun list and will be SWATTED if not compliant. Funny that.

But what they didn't do was prosecute and bankrupt the clerk who checked the documents out to him. And that is basically what you want done.

Yes, please push to make shrinks report crazies to the database that feeds the NICS. If THAT had been done, Rodgers wouldn't have been able to buy a gun from the dealer.

Oh, and if you do want to push to have the crazies in the database, the nrA will help you. They have been trying to get that done better for years.

YOu don't think they went back and hung some people out to dry?

You obviously never been in the military son. Trust me, when something gets this fucked up, everyone pays.

I had a case where a training NCO hid some blank ammo in his trunk because they forged documents saying it was expended. (They didnt' want to be bothered with all the paperwork to return it to the Class V depot.) Which became a real problem when that same NCO got caught in an undercover sting trying to pick up a cop dressed as a hooker.

Well, guess what happened, dude. They had a Battalion Wide Witch-hunt for people who weren't accounting for ammo properly. The Battallion Supply NCO got sacked. The Training Officer got into trouble, but that was a case of "Officer's Country".

Trust me, everyone in Manning's Chain of Command probably got career ending letters.

Perhaps instead of blaming the gun you people should start blaming a failed society. Just a thought. Generally speaking we didn't have kids murdering other kids with Tommy Guns back in the 20's. We didn't have kids worshiping thug hip hop music and so on.

Um, no, what we had in the 1920's was bootleggers shooting each other who got to sell illegal liquor to the upstanding citizens who didn't realize that the Prohibition thing was serious.

But the main reason why you didn't have the level of mayhem then that you have now is because no one in 1920 had a delusion that there was a "right" to own a gun. They had strict gun laws. THe courts upheld them (See Miller v. US) Even the NRA was more concerned with rifle safety instead of flooding the market with guns.

In the1920s you could buy guns thru the mail. Your idea that no one knew there was a right to own guns is nonsense. If someone was unaware it was because of their education, not any rules or laws.

[

In the1920s you could buy guns thru the mail. Your idea that no one knew there was a right to own guns is nonsense. If someone was unaware it was because of their education, not any rules or laws.

No, in the 1920's, everyone knew the 2nd Amendment was about Militias.

Mostly because people still remember when there WERE militias back then.

And there were gun laws. And after Al Capone started gunning down Bugs Moran's gang, they passed tougher gun laws.

There will always be criminals with guns. Did you have a point here? Obviously, Miller was correct in not allowing weapons of war into public hands although such things are easily circumvented. I need a 39 mm grenade launcher like a hole in the head for example. There was very little mayhem here in the 30's. Just good ole boys with shotguns. I could care less about a large city like Chicago which has earned every right to be on a nuclear target map, LOL!

YOu don't think they went back and hung some people out to dry?

You obviously never been in the military son. Trust me, when something gets this fucked up, everyone pays.

I had a case where a training NCO hid some blank ammo in his trunk because they forged documents saying it was expended. (They didnt' want to be bothered with all the paperwork to return it to the Class V depot.) Which became a real problem when that same NCO got caught in an undercover sting trying to pick up a cop dressed as a hooker.

Well, guess what happened, dude. They had a Battalion Wide Witch-hunt for people who weren't accounting for ammo properly. The Battallion Supply NCO got sacked. The Training Officer got into trouble, but that was a case of "Officer's Country".

Trust me, everyone in Manning's Chain of Command probably got career ending letters.

I was in Norfolk when 2 Chief Petty Officers got caught stealing thru the system. I knew most of the guys who worked in that supply warehouse, both civilian and Navy. None of them were canned or reprimanded. Perhaps the people you are talking about had a hand in it or were negligent.

Yes, I was in the military. And yes, I know how a witchhunt works. Probably a lot like firing someone for running up medical bills or like wanting to get a gun dealer fired when he went by the book and broke no rules.

[

And there were gun laws. And after Al Capone started gunning down Bugs Moran's gang, they passed tougher gun laws.

Really? Militias?

So the fact that you could buy a Thompson submachine gun thru the mail is your version of tough gun laws??? lol

And no, it was not about militias in the 1920s. People bought guns because they wanted a gun. That is as far as it went.

Do you have any evidence to back up what you claim people thought 95+ years ago?

I still have 2 handguns my grandfather bought via the US Mail. One was a hammerless S&W hammerless revolver in .38 short. You can shot it without taking it out of a coat pocket, and it won't snag when you draw it out of a pocket.

The issue isn't guns, it's mental health.

R.eally C.an't be a Christian and JoeBlow being perfect examples. They are both all talk pussies who shoot their mouths off online but would piss themselves if push ever came to shove. Just the kind of impotent losers who build up a lifetime of frustration and shame until they snap. On their own this 'snap' wouldn't amount to anything beyond their own feebleness, but with a gun they could pretend for a moment they had dicks.

Those with no respect for the Constitution would point to psychos like them as justification for depriving normal Americans of their rights instead of focusing on the mental health issues of the deranged few in the first place. Where are all the leftists calling for a ban on cars and knives?

If all the energy expended trying to undermine the Constitution were directed toward better identification and treatment of the mentally ill we'd be better off.

My door is always open.

Your door, like the rest of your cell, is padded and your meds come with flavored Jell-O every afternoon.

[

Really? Militias?

So the fact that you could buy a Thompson submachine gun thru the mail is your version of tough gun laws??? lol

And no, it was not about militias in the 1920s. People bought guns because they wanted a gun. That is as far as it went.

Do you have any evidence to back up what you claim people thought 95+ years ago?

I still have 2 handguns my grandfather bought via the US Mail. One was a hammerless S&W hammerless revolver in .38 short. You can shot it without taking it out of a coat pocket, and it won't snag when you draw it out of a pocket.

But that was the point. Some assholes bought Tommy Guns through the mail, and the government cracked down.

They passed the "Mailing of Firearms Act" of 1927.

IN 1934, they passed National Firearms Act.

Oh, yeah. And absolutely no one said any shit about the 2nd Amendment at the time.

Not even the National Rifle Association.

Oh, but wait, it gets better.

In the 1960's, the Black Panthers started openly carrying weapons after a couple of their members were murdered by police. (And, yes, when you shoot a guy in his bed when he's sleeping, that's murder.)

Ronald Reagan and other governors passed laws to ban that, and the NRA helped get them passed.

It wasn't until the 1970's and the "Revolt in Cleveland" that the current bunch of crazies took over the NRA and started talking smack about a "right" to own a gun.

[

You would think that would be desirable. But instead, this retard wants gun dealers to be psychics as well.

No, I want them to be responsible.

Sellling this guy THREE GUNS when he was obviously crazy is not responsible.

Seriously, how could anyone tell this guy was not crazy?

Hind sight is 20 20.

How are people supposed to know the mental status of complete strangers?

We all know you're unhinged but I'll bet the guy you buy your fertilizer from doesn't

Last edited by a moderator:
[q

Hind sight is 20 20.

We all know you're unhinged but I'll bet the guy you buy your fertilizer from doesn't

I don't go around talking about murdering people.

and the name-calling just shows you have a weak argument.

This guy was pretty clearly unhinged. And someone sold him three guns.

Really? Militias?

But that was the point. Some assholes bought Tommy Guns through the mail, and the government cracked down.

They passed the "Mailing of Firearms Act" of 1927.

IN 1934, they passed National Firearms Act.

Oh, yeah. And absolutely no one said any shit about the 2nd Amendment at the time.

Not even the National Rifle Association.

Oh, but wait, it gets better.

In the 1960's, the Black Panthers started openly carrying weapons after a couple of their members were murdered by police. (And, yes, when you shoot a guy in his bed when he's sleeping, that's murder.)

Ronald Reagan and other governors passed laws to ban that, and the NRA helped get them passed.

It wasn't until the 1970's and the "Revolt in Cleveland" that the current bunch of crazies took over the NRA and started talking smack about a "right" to own a gun.

First of all, the "Mailing of Firearms Act" was not about the machineguns, but about concealable handguns.

And there were still guns in most homes in the 1930s & 1940s. There was no assumption that guns would become difficult to own or obtain.

Yes, you found an example of racism in the 60s. Congrats. Your research skills are improving. lmao But then, you can also find examples of law enforcement attacking blacks based solely on race.

Oh, and look for info on the Deacons for Defense.

Now, whether you like it or not, the highest court in the land has ruled repeatedly that the 2nd Amendment is an individual right.

[q

Hind sight is 20 20.

I don't go around talking about murdering people.

and the name-calling just shows you have a weak argument.

This guy was pretty clearly unhinged. And someone sold him three guns.

So how come you didn't stop him?

Oh that's right you had absolutely no way of knowing what he was going to do did you?

So tell me why do you hold other people to a standard you yourself can't meet?

Forum List

Back