Memorial Day: If You Served...Let Folks Know.

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
Uranus
Hey folks....

We're coming up on Memorial Day. Whatever you do with friends or family....please keep in mind the folks who have served our Country in the Military. I know many good people on this message board who served. These are just a few I know of. If you served honorably, please add your name. Please let other members express their thanks for your service. :clap:

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

I would like to thank my Dad and 6 uncles who fought in WWII, my son who is currently serving and especially my brother and hero Hossfly. If you've watched the movie We Were Soldiers with Mel Gibson and Sam Elliott about the 3 day battle of LZXray, one of the fiercest battles of the Viet Nam war, Hoss fought in that battle and is a highly decorated Cav trooper. He was a member of the 2/5 Cav, that saved the 7th Cav from being annihilated AGAIN.

Thank you to all the members of the board who did serve proudly. You're sacrifice is greatly appreciated. To all the fake vets on this board, and I'm sure there are a few, you can stick it where the sun don't shine.

To all Veterans, past and present. You sacrificed so we could have liberty. :salute: I never forget you.

It Is The Soldier:

“It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,

And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.”

― Charles M. Province

:salute:

25 years a U.S. Navy aircraft and engine mechanic, J79 GE-15/F4J 10+ years.

in those 25 years i got to fly in nearly every type aircraft the Navy had except lighter than air, flew at Mach II once.

crew member on this one.
r3y-i.jpg

but NOT this one:
P6M-SeaMaster-In-Flight1.jpg

or this one:
index-akron-march1933-panama.jpg

but this is my baby, isn't she beautiful ?

VF-11410-73a.jpg

Hey folks....

We're coming up on Memorial Day. Whatever you do with friends or family....please keep in mind the folks who have served our Country in the Military. I know many good people on this message board who served. These are just a few I know of. If you served honorably, please add your name. Please let other members express their thanks for your service. :clap:

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey

Memorial day is the day to remember and honor those lost

Veterans day is to honor both the living and the Past Veterans, that is when I let people know I served

US Navy GM 1968-1972 two tours Nam

Last edited:
I would like to thank my Dad and 6 uncles who fought in WWII, my son who is currently serving and especially my brother and hero Hossfly. If you've watched the movie We Were Soldiers with Mel Gibson and Sam Elliott about the 3 day battle of LZXray, one of the fiercest battles of the Viet Nam war, Hoss fought in that battle and is a highly decorated Cav trooper. He was a member of the 2/5 Cav, that saved the 7th Cav from being annihilated AGAIN.

That film, We Were Soldiers was a very emotional experience for me. I had asked the board vets, one year, which would be the best film to watch for accuracy during the war with Vietnam and most agreed We Were Soldiers was the one and my sorrow all the way through, was overwhelming. Unimaginable horror for those soldiers who fought for our freedoms and liberties. I do :salute: and honor, all. These are not just words....these are words coming from my heart.

Hey folks....

SFC Ollie

Blood Rock

Black Sand

High Gravity

Jake Starkey
Already been done... a long time ago... http://www.usmessageboard.com/military/50819-attn-veterans.html

U.S. Navy
Aboard the U.S.S. Fremont, APA 44, (Amphibious Personnel Attack Ship), in the Mediterranean during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
One med Cruise aboard the Fremont, two Med Cruises and one Caribbean Cruise aboard the U.S.S. Oglethorpe, AKA 100. (Amphibious Cargo Attack ship)

Memorial Day is to Honor those who gave their life in war. Obviously I didn't, but I honor those who did above all.

I served in the Air Force...Air Force Technical Applications Center....

I would like to thank My Dad and 3 Uncles who served in the Korean war, My grandfather who served in WWII, and all those currently serving so that we can remain free.

Last edited:
This thread is a nice thought and I expect to get negs on this, but Memorial Day is specifically for the Fallen Soldiers and ought to be kept that way. We have Veteran's Day for people like my dad who served during the Korean War, and my Uncle who piloted a troop carrier at D-Day.

I have the utmost respect for servicemen and women, but also am one who believes that traditions should always be observed as intended.

Forum List

Back