How The Liberal Welfare State Destroyed Black America

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Why do blacks keep voting for kkk and jim crow...
What Democrat voters and political leaders refuse to believe.
May 5, 2016
John Perazzo
pl.jpg

When President Lyndon Johnson in 1964 launched the so-called War on Poverty, which enacted an unprecedented amount of antipoverty legislation and added many new layers to the American welfare state, he explained that his objective was to reduce dependency, “break the cycle of poverty,” and make “taxpayers out of tax eaters.” Johnson further claimed that his programs would bring to an end the “conditions that breed despair and violence,” those being “ignorance, discrimination, slums, poverty, disease, not enough jobs.” Of particular concern to Johnson was the disproportionately high rate of black poverty. In a famous June 1965 speech, the president suggested that the problems plaguing black Americans could not be solved by self-help: “You do not take a person who, for years, has been hobbled by chains and liberate him, bring him up to the starting line in a race and then say, 'you are free to compete with all the others,'” said Johnson.

Thus began modern liberalism's vicious and unrelenting assault on black Americans. Dressed up as “compassion” and “social justice,” this assault took the form of an unprecedented commitment of federal funds to a wide range of measures aimed at redistributing wealth in the United States. Since 1965, more than $22 trillion of taxpayer money (in constant 2012 dollars) has been spent on means-tested welfare programs for the poor.

For the next few decades, means-tested welfare programs such as food stamps, public housing, Medicaid, day care, and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families penalized marriage. A mother generally received far more money from welfare if she was single rather than married. Once she took a husband, her benefits were instantly reduced by roughly 10 to 20 percent. As a Cato Institute study noted, welfare programs for the poor incentivize the very behaviors that are most likely to perpetuate poverty. Another Cato report observed:

During the nine decades between the Emancipation Proclamation and the 1950s, the black family remained a strong, stable institution. Its cataclysmic destruction was subsequently set in motion by such policies as the anti-marriage incentives that were built into the welfare system. As George Mason University professor Walter E. Williams puts it: “The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn't do, what Jim Crow couldn't do, what the harshest racism couldn't do. And that is to destroy the black family.” Hoover Institution Fellow Thomas Sowell concurs: “The black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life.”

got as far as "so-called" and stopped reading. Isn't it funny how obvious signs of author bias just turn you off.

War on Poverty is the Democrat biggest success: they have more people in poverty than ever before and have intentionally created an unbreakable inter-generational cycle of dependents who MUST for Democrat to survive

Well done!

The black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life.”

Where do people get this Bullshit?

Slave holders did not work to keep families together. Strong black men were either sold off to a more cruel owner. Or hung. Weak men didn't keep families together.
Children were routinely taken from mother's for the auction block. Slave Women were routinely raped and had to raise slave owners Children. Who the slave owner did nothing for.

And if by some chance a woman got to keep her kids. She couldn't offer them any opportunity to.succeed or become educated. She could offer them unending, back breaking labor while living in poverty. And try and keep her kids from insulting some white guy who might kill them.

Yep, the above sounds like a crazy right wingers idea of treating black families good.

I imagine plenty of folks would like to get out of the inner city and rural areas with no job opportunities and some do through education, sports or the military. For the others I wouldn't mind my tax dollars going to a depression style works program with purpose of giving the young adults work skills and habits.

The black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life.”

Where do people get this Bullshit?

Slave holders did not work to keep families together. Strong black men were either sold off to a more cruel owner. Or hung. Weak men didn't keep families together.
Children were routinely taken from mother's for the auction block. Slave Women were routinely raped and had to raise slave owners Children. Who the slave owner did nothing for.

And if by some chance a woman got to keep her kids. She couldn't offer them any opportunity to.succeed or become educated. She could offer them unending, back breaking labor while living in poverty. And try and keep her kids from insulting some white guy who might kill them.

Yep, the above sounds like a crazy right wingers idea of treating black families good.

You're very correct on that count, Wilbur Right, but there were also blacks as well as whites who were involved in selling and auctioning off the slaves.

You're very correct on that count, Wilbur Right, but there were also blacks as well as whites who were involved in selling and auctioning off the slaves.

Once those slaves hit the shores of America, how many blacks were involved in trading slaves? Some blacks had slaves themselves. Some southern whites had no slaves.

But that wasnt the topic.

Some asshole put forth the idea that slave families were protected and kept together. That it was democrats in the 50ties that broke apart black families.

Bullshit. And did you notice the op didn't or.couldn't refute what I said?

I find it very sad that some people still blame slavery for poor choices made my so many blacks.

At the same time, I find it sad that so many people ignore the realities of a system that is designed to keep poor people poor.

I find it very sad that some people still blame slavery for poor choices made my so many blacks.

I find it strange that white people seem to think racist thinking and racist acts ended when slavery ended.

I find it strange that white people blame blacks for everything that has gone wrong for blacks.

It's like it wasn't white people who brought millions of blacks to this country against their will. It wasn't white people who designed and used Jim Crowe laws against blacks. It wasn't white people who discriminated against blacks for jobs and housing.

Nope, white people didnt do any of that.
It was the Mexicans. LMAO.

I find it strange that white people seem to think racist thinking and racist acts ended when slavery ended.

I find it strange that white people blame blacks for everything that has gone wrong for blacks.

It's like it wasn't white people who brought millions of blacks to this country against their will. It wasn't white people who designed and used Jim Crowe laws against blacks. It wasn't white people who discriminated against blacks for jobs and housing.

Too bad for your argument that I never said any of those things. In point of fact, you don't even know what color my skin is.

White guy: So what whites had their boots on black peoples neck! Tell us why you couldnt stand up!

black guy: Uhhh, the boot was on my...

White Guy: EXCUSES!!!

Too bad for your argument that I never said any of those things. In point of fact, you don't even know what color my skin is.

To bad I never said you did.

I said; white people.

Doesn't change the fact that what I wrote is true.

No , actually what you wrote isn't true. Not all white people feel the way you claim they do, hell most white people don't feel that way

Forum List

Back