How SMART is your region?

Let's see how it fares financially before we call it a success, OK.

It may be cheaper for the folks using it, but even those who don't will be paying for it.

Were you around when Bart was being built to see the troubles management built into it?

Based on that I couldn't call the Bay Area smart. Between the French made cars and the British computer system
It's like they were trying to keep an American from having a job. The cars had to be rebuilt here before they could go into service and it was a long time before they straightened out the computer system.

Were you around when Bart was being built to see the troubles management built into it?

Based on that I couldn't call the Bay Area smart. Between the French made cars and the British computer system
It's like they were trying to keep an American from having a job. The cars had to be rebuilt here before they could go into service and it was a long time before they straightened out the computer system.
Too young. BARTs a resounding success now.

• Banned
Let's see how it fares financially before we call it a success, OK.

It may be cheaper for the folks using it, but even those who don't will be paying for it.

mmm, that's not true. Those who choose to drive will experience less traffic congestion and an easier drive. Most public transportation systems are not profitable, and not for profit and one hopes the vehicle (clean diseal?) will be less pollutant than the cars it replaces. Building and operating the system will create jobs too.

You couldn't pay me to commute by train aka cattle car.

I'd rather drive.

• Banned

Too young. BARTs a resounding success now.

BART was the FIRST major urban commuter system to be built in the 20th Century (I seem to recall) the builder's in DC and Atlanta learned from BART's mistakes.

A new rail system is to open next year, making the commute from northern counties into San Francisco and even (silicon valley) faster, safer, cheaper and cleaner for the environment.

See the future, and are your community leaders looking ahead, or protecting the status quo?

Smart Train North Bay Sonoma Marin SMART Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit Passenger train and multi-use pathway project

How much of a subsidy is required to keep it going? Has BART ever turned a profit? Why are BART employees so grossly overpaid? Why are BART cops so damned bad? Has a BART cop ever done a Felony Stop? Well, I know one Sgt. who has, because my friends on the Richmond PD force MADE him do one.

A new rail system is to open next year, making the commute from northern counties into San Francisco and even (silicon valley) faster, safer, cheaper and cleaner for the environment.

See the future, and are your community leaders looking ahead, or protecting the status quo?

Smart Train North Bay Sonoma Marin SMART Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit Passenger train and multi-use pathway project

How much of a subsidy is required to keep it going? Has BART ever turned a profit? Why are BART employees so grossly overpaid? Why are BART cops so damned bad? Has a BART cop ever done a Felony Stop? Well, I know one Sgt. who has, because my friends on the Richmond PD force MADE him do one.

BART has never turned a profit but thats OK. The point is that without BART commutes that are already bad would be complete gridlock.
Bay Area Rapid Transit - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

BART has never turned a profit but thats OK. The point is that without BART commutes that are already bad would be complete gridlock.

Only because the Bay area refuses to do highway improvements. There are STILL freeways that have not been rebuilt after the Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989. That was a perfect opportunity to go in an do major updates and reconstruction that would have helped the commuters AND laid the groundwork for an efficient public transport system.

But no, the asshats in charge and their environmental whacko string pullers had to go and screw that up. Once again demonstrating that they really don't care about the small guy, they care about power and that is all they care about.

If you truly wanted to get rid of gridlock the only way to do that is allow the vast majority of people who work in the paper pushing enterprises to telecommute. THAT would have a significant affect on all the commutes in the world, and contribute to employee well being and quality of life.

I'd like express rail from my deer camp to my deer stands 20 miles away.

I hate to shoot the ones in the yard.

Only because the Bay area refuses to do highway improvements. There are STILL freeways that have not been rebuilt after the Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989. That was a perfect opportunity to go in an do major updates and reconstruction that would have helped the commuters AND laid the groundwork for an efficient public transport system.

But no, the asshats in charge and their environmental whacko string pullers had to go and screw that up. Once again demonstrating that they really don't care about the small guy, they care about power and that is all they care about.

If you truly wanted to get rid of gridlock the only way to do that is allow the vast majority of people who work in the paper pushing enterprises to telecommute. THAT would have a significant affect on all the commutes in the world, and contribute to employee well being and quality of life.

I agree with the telecommuting thing. The only problem is that decision is in the hands of the private sector. Personally I feel the less cars on the road... the better.

No,the gridlock is the inevitable result of all that water right in the middle of things. The bridges create choke points because there are relatively few ways to get across the bay.

I agree with the telecommuting thing. The only problem is that decision is in the hands of the private sector. Personally I feel the less cars on the road... the better.

There was is a federal directive that at least 20% (that number may be higher I am going from a ten year old memory here) of their workforce MUST telecommute. They have never even come close to that number.

In New York, our wonderful public transportation system still does not offer WiFi, started drilling a tunnel that is now at least $15 Billion short of the funds needed to develop as proposed, and is already $34 Billion in debt.

That's Freddo Corleone Smart

Forum List

Back