How sexy is classical music?

The sexiest classical piece I have ever heard.
Heard is as part of an assignment in a college course..... still gives me chills..... it's long, but is worth it.

I'm sorry but Wagner cannot be described as "sexy", Wagner is Herz und Seele....Heart and Soul.

Sexy to me. When I hear Liebestod - I think it's very emotionally charged, and therefore to me, sexually charged, true love and sex to me go hand in hand.

That is what counts how the listener receives the musical piece.

Heaven save us from those who wish to control and contort our understanding of what is good in our lives.

Geez this is just a music thread.

"With his Symphonia Domestica, Strauss literally took the music “into the bedroom,” depicting the average family life behind closed doors. After introducing each family member with a distinct theme, and after the music depicts the act of putting the child to bed (“cradle song”) the symphony develops into a three-part adagio, which is meant to evoke a love scene between the husband and the wife."

Richard Strauss - Symphonia Domestica, Op. 53

There's a park in Vienna with a place where the Strauss family presented their works to the upper crust. It still exists and they present original Strauss waltzes there. My ex-wife came to Vienna and we actually danced the original version of the waltz to that music.

51JZfzHxpIL._UY250_.jpg

Classical is still part of European culture (for now).

I agree and such a rich culture and history. Like anything that is cherished it must be nurtured and protected.

My grandfather's castle is in Europe and still quite beautiful. He grew up there - American history 101 - our ancestors came from Europe - We were the first to come here (Europeans).

Everyone has a right to their opinions.
Telling something their opinion is "wrong" is kind of odd....

Heard is as part of an assignment in a college course..... still gives me chills..... it's long, but is worth it.

I'm sorry but Wagner cannot be described as "sexy", Wagner is Herz und Seele....Heart and Soul.

Sexy to me. When I hear Liebestod - I think it's very emotionally charged, and therefore to me, sexually charged, true love and sex to me go hand in hand.

Heaven save us from those who wish to control and contort our understanding of what is good in our lives.

And a lovely music thread it is! Much wonderful music. It's been a pleasure. Have a great day, Alex!

And a lovely music thread it is! Much wonderful music. It's been a pleasure. Have a great day, Alex!

Thank you and you too keep on posting what you wish to, I enjoy your thoughts.

Can't we all just get along?

We can disagree and still interact and be friends, right? :)

Bolshoi Bolero Sergei Radchenko Elena Kholina Alexander Lavrenjuk 1967

I return to my own music thread now.
Lucy, please stay around......I am learning alot from your posts. ...... :cool:

Okay I will....Alexandra should stay in the FZ where he's posting shit again....aren't you Alexandra, you posted a link to this very thread didn't you? I heard this on the grapevine.

Why I don't know, why would they be interested in Classical Music of all things? Seems like Alexandra is attempting to derail this Classical Music thread by encouraging trouble.

Okay I will....Alexandra should stay in the FZ where he's posting shit again....aren't you Alexandra, you posted a link to this very thread didn't you? Elves whispered to me.

Why I don't know, why would they be interested in Classical Music of all things? Seems like Alexandra is attempting to derail this Classical Music thread by encouraging trouble.
FZ stays in FZ as far as I know

Salome (Richard Strauss) - Dance of the seven veils

Nobody ever cares about classical music. It seems you can't use it to get a girl. It goes even in a geek category, I guess. But I made an experiment, and I decided to play to my classmates the Chopin's Barcarolle. Guess what they all liked it, and one of the girls who I didn't think would ever look my direction, decided to go out with me. So, here is the question, why only my piano teacher hammers about practicing classical, and nobody else cares?

Even a blind squirrel eventually finds an acorn.

Okay I will....Alexandra should stay in the FZ where he's posting shit again....aren't you Alexandra, you posted a link to this very thread didn't you? Elves whispered to me.

You posted a link bizarrely to this thread there, stop lying, why do you want to ruin this thread Troll?

Nobody ever cares about classical music. It seems you can't use it to get a girl. It goes even in a geek category, I guess. But I made an experiment, and I decided to play to my classmates the Chopin's Barcarolle. Guess what they all liked it, and one of the girls who I didn't think would ever look my direction, decided to go out with me. So, here is the question, why only my piano teacher hammers about practicing classical, and nobody else cares?

Even a blind squirrel eventually finds an acorn.

What a strange phrase, is this your own phrase? If so, I like it, it's very good.

You posted a link bizarrely to this thread there, stop lying, why do you want to ruin this thread Troll?

I am not discussing what you claim I posted in another thread in another area. Go there should you wish to discuss this is a classical music thread.

Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, "Osculetur me" (Stile Antico)

Yes you and Tammy are bitching....and the link is there, such a liar you are.

Can't we all just get along?

We can disagree and still interact and be friends, right? :)

Tell that to Alexandra the Troll, he intends to ruin this thread, check....below deck and look what he's cooking up.

Yes you and Tammy are bitching....and the link is there, such a liar you are.

I did not deny it, I said I will not discuss it in this beautiful classical music thread but where it is posted:slap:

Powder Her Face (an Opera in two acts) Op.14, ACT I, Scene 3: Nineteen thirty-six: Come here...

Forum List

Back