How sexy is classical music?

Classical music is the pinnacle of music and sound by the human race. It is to music what Mt. Everest is to mountains.

All other music is not even on the same plane.

I would have to disagree with you about that. The greatest worship that was ever written is found in the book of Psalms by King David - the worship of the LORD is the most beautiful sound in all the earth. There is nothing that compares to true worship that ushers in the presence of the LORD. The LORD inhabits the praises of his people. King David was a worshiper and that is why he shall always be remembered as a man after God's own heart.

Another favorite

My step grandmother was a concert pianist who played at Madison Square Gardens as a young woman. She had tremendous talent. The first time I sat down next to her on the piano bench she played Tchaikovsky. I also recall she had a serious aversion to Liberace. She didn't like his flashiness.

Great stuff, people.

Which modern labels are noted for their high quality recordings and production values? I find the classical music recordings to be all over the place in those areas, and I don't have much of an idea which labels to avoid. So many of them make one feel ripped off when I get them home and start playing them, while others are excellently done. Few of them seem to go in for the high density formats, in any case, which is weird, given that classical and especially chamber music are about the only genres that really benefit from multi-channel high density mastering.

Great stuff, people.

Which modern labels are noted for their high quality recordings and production values? I find the classical music recordings to be all over the place in those areas, and I don't have much of an idea which labels to avoid. So many of them make one feel ripped off when I get them home and start playing them, while others are excellently done. Few of them seem to go in for the high density formats, in any case, which is weird, given that classical and especially chamber music are about the only genres that really benefit from multi-channel high density mastering.
I have no idea, Picaro. Perhaps guno would know. In the meanwhile - about the title of this thread? I would not have chosen that word to describe classical music. For the record. lol.

Nobody ever cares about classical music. It seems you can't use it to get a girl. It goes even in a geek category, I guess. But I made an experiment, and I decided to play to my classmates the Chopin's Barcarolle. Guess what they all liked it, and one of the girls who I didn't think would ever look my direction, decided to go out with me. So, here is the question, why only my piano teacher hammers about practicing classical, and nobody else cares?

Hello, Classical and Opera have been my main obsessions since I was about 12 years-old, especially Germanic Classical and Opera and Italian Opera....I like other musical genres also, I hate any Mainstream music and have a particular loathing of Pop Music.

Anyhow, I often post Classical pieces in my "What Are You Listening To?" thread, usually with a short write-up as to the nature of the composition, when it was first performed etc.

So you're very welcome, if you so wish, to post any Classical in my thread, here's the link to my thread....also if you ever want to discuss any Classical and Opera, then I'm up for that also.

What are you listening to?

My very first post in my above thread, I posted:

Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5, Allegro" composed by Bartók in 1934.

The last two pieces that I've posted have been:

Franz Liszt "Élégie No. 2, S.197, S. 131bis" composed by Liszt in 1877.

Johannes Brahms "Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 77, III. Allegro giocoso, ma non troppo vivace – Poco più presto (D major)" composed by Brahms in 1878.

One of the best dates I ever had was attending a concert of Mozart Chamber Music at the Shoenbrun Palace. Magnificent sound and amazing surroundings.

glenn-guy-schonbrunn-palace.jpg

(There's a concert hall inside with chimneys on one side that I can't find a picture of)

How utterly romantic!

My granddaughter's favorite piece by Beethoven. She is 2. She loves this! Out of nowhere she will say, Dunt! Dunt! Dunt! DAAAAAA! I have to tell people who hear her do it - that's Beethoven. lol...

Forum List

Back