What are you listening to?

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Franz Liszt "Élégie No. 2, S.197, S. 131bis" composed by Liszt in 1877.

Franz Liszt wrote two arrangements for "Élégie No. 2, S.197", "S. 131" is for piano and cello and "S. 131bis" is for piano and violin.

This performance is from Constantino Catena on piano and Mauro Tortorelli on violin.

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

The Ronettes "Baby, I Love You" released on 7" in 1963 on Philles Records....the B Side is "Miss Joan & Mr. Sam"

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Franz Liszt wrote two arrangements for "Élégie No. 2, S.197", "S. 131" is for piano and cello and "S. 131bis" is for piano and violin.

This performance is from Constantino Catena on piano and Mauro Tortorelli on violin.

That is some really crappy music.

There are a few classics I like, but, very few.... mostly because of Fantasia or the music course I took in college where I discovered Wagner's Tristan & Isolde

gives me chills, is the most beautiful music I have ever heard.....

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Black Sabbath "The Wizard" from their album "Black Sabbath" released in 1970 on Vertigo Records.

There are a few classics I like, but, very few.... mostly because of Fantasia or the music course I took in college where I discovered Wagner's Tristan & Isolde

Being Germanic, I'm deeply emotionally attached to Richard Wagner, he composed music from our collective Germanic souls, as such it's impossible to sum up in mere words what his music means to us.

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

That is some really crappy music.

That is Franz Liszt you idiot.

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Johannes Brahms "Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 77, III. Allegro giocoso, ma non troppo vivace – Poco più presto (D major)"

This is Johannes Brahms only Violin Concerto, he composed it in 1878 and dedicated it to his friend Josef Joachim, who was a great Hungarian conductor, composer and one of the most important violinists of the 19th Century.

The première of "Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 77" was held in Leipzig on January 1st, 1879 and was conducted by Josef Joachim....the more significant première was held in Vienna and was jointly conducted by Hans Guido Freiherr von Bülow and Josef Hellmesberger Sr.

Hans Guido Freiherr von Bülow, was Franz Liszt's Son-in-Law, he married Cosima Liszt in 1857 (Cosima divorced him in 1870 and married Richard Wagner), he was certainly the most important conductor of the 19th Century, along with Ludwig II, he was instrumental in putting Richard Wagner and his music on the map.

Forum List

Back