How much ya'll paying......

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
I am curious as to how much everyone is paying for stuff, whether it's groceries or gas or??? and what state or area you live. I'd like to keep this thread going to track the changing prices.

Here in western WA, the cost of a dozen eggs are now $3 and up, depending on where you shop and the last time I was in a Walmart, there wasn't an egg to be had anywhere. Whole case was empty but I didn't check the price at the time.

My cousin lives in Alabama and posted the cost of an 18pk of eggs were $10.42. I was floored at that cost in one of the poorest states in the nation.

So how much are you paying for eggs? Other goods???

I am curious as to how much everyone is paying for stuff, whether it's groceries or gas or??? and what state or area you live. I'd like to keep this thread going to track the changing prices.

Here in western WA, the cost of a dozen eggs are now $3 and up, depending on where you shop and the last time I was in a Walmart, there wasn't an egg to be had anywhere. Whole case was empty but I didn't check the price at the time.

My cousin lives in Alabama and posted the cost of an 18pk of eggs were $10.42. I was floored at that cost in one of the poorest states in the nation.

Bird flu has hit the poultry and egg market. Prices on eggs will be inflated all year.

Egg prices are hitting records, driven by an avian-influenza outbreak that has killed tens of millions of chickens and turkeys this year across nearly all 50 states.

Wholesale prices of Midwest large eggs hit a record $5.36 a dozen in December, according to the research firm Urner Barry. Retail egg prices have increased more than any other supermarket item so far this year, climbing more than 30% from January to early December compared with the same period a year earlier, and outpacing overall food and beverage prices, according to the data firm Information Resources Inc.

Bird flu has hit the poultry and egg market. Prices on eggs will be inflated all year.

Egg prices are hitting records, driven by an avian-influenza outbreak that has killed tens of millions of chickens and turkeys this year across nearly all 50 states.

Wholesale prices of Midwest large eggs hit a record $5.36 a dozen in December, according to the research firm Urner Barry. Retail egg prices have increased more than any other supermarket item so far this year, climbing more than 30% from January to early December compared with the same period a year earlier, and outpacing overall food and beverage prices, according to the data firm Information Resources Inc.

In plain language........"There are no shortages but we are going to raise prices anyway".

Yes, I know the WHY and it's not just bird flu. The purpose of the thread is to find out HOW MUCH we are paying for anything, not why

SW Wisconsin here. Eggs at Walmart are $4.35 a dozen and $4.99 per dozen at the Kwik-Trip convenience store.

But I actually found fresh brown eggs for $2.75 at an Amish dent and bent store yesterday.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes-41:

And I've got a bridge for sale here........I think you'll like it.

52 million poultry have been killed this year by farmers, at the request of the US department of Agriculture.

Yet, there has been only one case of human infection of Avian Flu since 2021.

Now tell me you're not being played.

Downside to being one of those evil prepper people.................. I don't know what anything costs. I don't have to buy food.

Ask me if I saw this shit coming!

52 million poultry have been killed this year by farmers, at the request of the US department of Agriculture.

Yet, there has been only one case of human infection of Avian Flu since 2021.

Now tell me you're not being played.
If the chickens aren't culled the bird flu keeps infecting. Common sense.

Due to the Avian Flu, and kill off of chickens, eggs are around $5 a dozen at the grocer, even Wal-Mart is close to it.

That isn't caused by inflation, but the Bird Flu going around, from what I understand?

Gas is $3.40 way up here.

Heating oil is thru the roof! About $4.50 a gallon in December, in August we paid nearly $5.50 a gallon!

The mortality rate of infected chickens is 90 to 100%. Sometimes it's totally necessary to cull every chicken because it's hard to detect which chicken is infected.

grocers avert shortages​

Forum List

Back