How much ya'll paying......

Gas prices here hit $2.97 a gallon for a whopping two days. It's back up in the the mid $3's, depending where you are in town.

Last time I bought eggs I paid $5.59 a dozen. They used to be $1.99 a dozen. Meat prices are thru the roof, and poultry is edging up there, too...

The mortality rate of infected chickens is 90 to 100%. Sometimes it's totally necessary to cull every chicken because it's hard to detect which chicken is infected.

Do you have a link to those percentages???

I do know that several operations did 100% culls as in gassing them all, because infection was found in some of the birds. 1 bad apple will ruin the whole basket, so to speak. But there are still plenty of farms in production, which is why there are any eggs still available.

Oh, and don't forget the turkey farms as well that had some runs of flu & culling......yet we all still had our holiday birds on the table

Gas prices here hit $2.97 a gallon for a whopping two days. It's back up in the the mid $3's, depending where you are in town.

Last time I bought eggs I paid $5.59 a dozen. They used to be $1.99 a dozen. Meat prices are thru the roof, and poultry is edging up there, too...

DAMN those are are expensive eggs. Where about are you located? Not specific, just a general location

OMFGWTF!!! We're all gonna die from the floo those chickens has!!! :eek-52:

"CDC has been monitoring for illness among people exposed to H5N1 virus-infected birds since these outbreaks were detected in U.S. wild birds and poultry in late 2021 and into 2022. To date, H5N1 viruses have been found in U.S. commercial and backyard birds in 29 states and in wild birds in 34 states. CDC has tracked the health of more than 2,500 people with exposures to H5N1 virus-infected birds and this is the only case that has been found to date. Other people involved in the culling operation in Colorado have tested negative for H5 virus infection, but they are being retested out of an abundance of caution.

This is the second human case associated with this specific group of H5 viruses that are currently predominant, and the first case in the United States. The first case internationally occurred in December 2021 in the United Kingdom in a person who did not have any symptoms and who raised birds that became infected with H5N1 virus. More than 880 human infections with earlier H5N1 viruses have been reported since 2003 worldwide, however, the predominant H5N1 viruses now circulating among birds globally are different from earlier H5N1 viruses."

CDC Newsroom

Bird flu has hit the poultry and egg market. Prices on eggs will be inflated all year.

Egg prices are hitting records, driven by an avian-influenza outbreak that has killed tens of millions of chickens and turkeys this year across nearly all 50 states.

Wholesale prices of Midwest large eggs hit a record $5.36 a dozen in December, according to the research firm Urner Barry. Retail egg prices have increased more than any other supermarket item so far this year, climbing more than 30% from January to early December compared with the same period a year earlier, and outpacing overall food and beverage prices, according to the data firm Information Resources Inc.
So the price of eggs will go up cuz the chickens are sick?

How ironic, the price of gas has gone up cuz all the gas monkey's in Africa are also sick.

And don't get me started on the sick college tuition water buffaloes.

I think I'm heading to the store & gas station, just to check things out and will report back any new findings

52 million poultry have been killed this year by farmers, at the request of the US department of Agriculture.

Yet, there has been only one case of human infection of Avian Flu since 2021.

Now tell me you're not being played.

How many times are you going to post this same stupid post. It is not about how many humans are infected ,it is about how many chickens are

Eggs may be one of the few items more expensive in the U.S right now than Canada.

Per an expat site I refer to once in awhile:

The price of 12 eggs, large in Toronto is €3.07 (C$4.42)​

We have also been informed that Bugles will no longer be sold in the police state of Canada, nor Ragu Pasta sauce (which was the best there is) among many other businesses leaving.

How many times are you going to post this same stupid post. It is not about how many humans are infected ,it is about how many chickens are

No, it's about an imaginary threat and the idiotic lengths your beloved federal government goes to protect you against the "boogie man."

Did you fall and hit your head on one of those non government-approved school playgrounds or something, when you were a kid? I didn't because my parents told me to be careful, so I listened to them.

No, it's about an imaginary threat and the idiotic lengths your beloved federal government goes to protect you against the "boogie man."

Did you fall and hit your head on one of those non government-approved school playgrounds or something, when you were a kid? I didn't because my parents told me to be careful, so I listened to them.

It is not an imaginary threat and I can assure as one that works with some large egg producers that they do not view it that way either. They do not kill off their flock for no good reasons.

You truly have no clue what you are talking about, you just parrot talking points your party masters tell you do post.

All of our ills can be traced down to two things, chickens and climate change.

Oh, and Orange man bad.

Na, all our ills can be traced to ignorance and hyper partisanship. You are the poster child for both.

Na, all our ills can be traced to ignorance and hyper partisanship. You are the poster child for both.
No, I think you will find that people like myself has been done with the GOP for some time now

Things are so bad, they can't even nominate a Speaker.

They may as well all come out of the closet as democrats, just like yourself

Enjoy.

For the record though, I blame all chickens, aka. Republicans.

No, I think you will find that people like myself has been done with the GOP for some time now

Things are so bad, they can't even nominate a Speaker.

They may as well all come out of the closet as democrats, just like yourself

Enjoy.

For the record though, I blame all chickens, aka. Republicans.

Yet, next election you will blindly vote for them because the Dems are evil.

Then we should eat the climate change advocates. I heard they taste like chicken.

Yeah, eat the vegans first. Carnivores taste nasty.

Although I know this rather twisted woman in Montana who'll eat the hell out of some mountain lion.

Forum List

Back