How much should we pay in taxes?

Regardless it will never be enough. When you don’t make enough to owe taxes then of course others should pay more. So what happens when “those” other people run out of money? Who then will be your sugar daddy?

There is no sugar daddy in the US.
About the only people who can get welfare are the disabled and Aid to Dependent Children, neither of which is more than bare subsistence.

Ideally, we should pay enough in taxes to cover the cost of our government.
And ideally we should have a representative government.

But since neither exist what should be done?

Here is a little bit of history for everyone

Today in History: Income Tax Ruled Unconstitutional in Pollock v. Farmers Loan Trust Co. | Tax Foundation

In 1894 the Supreme Court struck down a Federal income tax as unconstitutional. It's not Constitutional. So Progressives simply added it to the Constitution years later. But that was an era when government actually cared about following the Constitution. Today they would simply ignore it and do whatever the hell they felt like with the press and academia used to propagandize it as Constitutional.

But it the turn of the century, selling a Federal Income tax was not that easy. They had to gain support for the Federal Income tax, so they allied themselves with Evangelicals. How? Evangelicals were very concerned with the growing problem of alcoholism. Most don't know this, but today alcohol takes more lives every year than any other drug out there, but back then from what I have heard it was even worse. So Progressives knew this and saw that the federal government was mostly funded by alcohol sales, so they got the bright idea that if they suggested a Prohibition on alcohol, they would gain the much needed support of evangelicals and would also create a need for another tax to replace the alcohol tax. So Evangelicals took the bait as they supported voting for a Federal Income tax to be added to the Constitution and later on voting for Prohibition. But Progressives were never serious about Prohibition as they had bootleggers come into the Capital to sell alcohol to the members of Congress. So they made a half hearted attempt to enforce Prohibition, let it fail, and then repealed Prohibition calling it undoable. They then reinstituted the alcohol tax in addition to the Federal Income tax. They then doubled their revenue coming into the Federal government.

But that is the kind of scheming mind we are all dealing with when it come to Progressives as each and every day I'm hearing new tax schemes by the Xiden administration.

What I do know is that more taxes are coming, and we will all suffer as a result, and we are all virtually powerless to stop such scheming minds, as we were at the dawn of the Progressive era. My only question is, when will exponentially increasing debt turn the US into a third world economy. I say this knowing that no matter how much taxes are raised, it is woefully inadequate to keep up with the exponentially increasing spending. If you took all the wealth in the US to pay down the debt, it would not even be a drop in the ocean.

I've always wondered, in a country that has produced a $30 trillion debt, why are we led to believe that paying increased taxes is needed to pay it off? The new democrat infrastructure bill is full of such taxes. And why give us a stimulus and then just take it all back in taxes?

View attachment 474844

Are taxes more or less a way to control people more than a way to generate revenue to pay for an unsurmountable debt that will never be paid down?

Or do some think that we need to keep a tax/debt ratio to keep it from all falling apart?

And what is our "fair share" of paying taxes? I hear this constantly from the government. What is fair?

One of my favorite quotes of all time comes from Ben Franklin

"It would be thought a hard government
that should tax its people one tenth part."

It makes me laugh every time I read it.
It's all in the vat. Ours is 14%.Rich folk get nailed for a new Toyota truck.
The 65 inch boob toob gets them 140 greenbacks.My lil 44 I bought new(used) for zero taxes. It's all a game.Pick a card.

I've always wondered, in a country that has produced a $30 trillion debt, why are we led to believe that paying increased taxes is needed to pay it off? The new democrat infrastructure bill is full of such taxes. And why give us a stimulus and then just take it all back in taxes?

View attachment 474844

Are taxes more or less a way to control people more than a way to generate revenue to pay for an unsurmountable debt that will never be paid down?

Or do some think that we need to keep a tax/debt ratio to keep it from all falling apart?

And what is our "fair share" of paying taxes? I hear this constantly from the government. What is fair?

How much of your fair share did you pay in taxes last year?

How much public infrastructure did you use in comparison to the amount of tax you paid?

Amazon paid zero in taxes last year. The CEO is worth $180 Billion.

How much above zero would you consider a fair share for Amazon to pay?

How much infrastructure do they use in comparison to the amount of taxes they paid last year?

The government can burn. They've been spending in excess for years now. Its time that THEY do without.

View attachment 474844

How much of your fair share did you pay in taxes last year?

How much public infrastructure did you use in comparison to the amount of tax you paid?

Amazon paid zero in taxes last year. The CEO is worth $180 Billion.

How much above zero would you consider a fair share for Amazon to pay?

How much infrastructure do they use in comparison to the amount of taxes they paid last year?

The government can burn. They've been spending in excess for years now. Its time that THEY do without.
There is no doubt in my mind that the government will destroy itself.

The only question becomes, are they trying to do so in order to create a government more to their liking?

For example, a government without a Bill of Rights. Currently about half of Americans want both the First and Second amendment to be repealed. Americans think free speech should be done away with that "offends" them and of course doing away with arms to defend ourselves with.

America is to the point that they only care about two rights, abortion rights and rights to take illicit drugs. The rest of the Bill of Rights they could care less about.

We should pay enough taxes to pay our bills. We made them, and we owe them. The rich should pay more.

So by “we” you actually mean “them”. Gotcha.
The voices must be talking to you again cause I didn't say that.
your deflecting from your actions again,,

not all of us voted for the two parties that created the debt,,
Doesn't matter. We are one nation governed by consensus. If you share in the roads, military protection, and all the other advantages of being an American, you share in the cost of those things, even if some of it isn't exactly like you wanted it.

View attachment 474844

No one should ever pay more than 10% of their income in all taxes combined, it should be an absolute max that government never take more than that and more than that is never necessary. That's plenty of money for government to defend us (military/police) and be a referee (courts)

We should pay enough taxes to pay our bills. We made them, and we owe them. The rich should pay more.

Doesn't matter. We are one nation governed by consensus. If you share in the roads, military protection, and all the other advantages of being an American, you share in the cost of those things, even if some of it isn't exactly like you wanted it.
your deflections are getting pathetic,,,

we arent talking about standard services cause theres more than enough to pay for them,, its all the handouts and BS programs that have caused the debt and those come from the two partys violating the constitution,,,

pay your debts and leave the rest of us out of it,,

View attachment 474844

FarTaxZERO.jpg

View attachment 474844

No one should ever pay more than 10% of their income in all taxes combined, it should be an absolute max that government never take more than that and more than that is never necessary. That's plenty of money for government to defend us (military/police) and be a referee (courts)
Can you be a 10% slave?

View attachment 474844

I agree, and no one should ever pay more than $20 a week for gas, even if you have lots more driving than that to do. This setting arbitrary limits is fun. A new 56" TV shouldn't cost more than $50.00 -- No one should have to pay more than $7.50 to get drunk --- great idea you had there.

View attachment 474844

I kind of agree with it

we arent talking about standard services cause theres more than enough to pay for them,, its all the handouts and BS programs that have caused the debt and those come from the two partys violating the constitution,,,

I suggest you whine into one hand and shit in the other to see which fills up the quickest.

I suggest you whine into one hand and shit in the other to see which fills up the quickest.
doesnt change the facts the debt is yours not mine,,,

now pay your debts so our children dont have to,,

you do care about the children dont you??

View attachment 474844

View attachment 475044

Ah, that great moment when a country goes to zero taxes dissolving their military, police, roads and live a moment of pure and complete freedom before being conquered and enslaved.

But wow, what a moment it is. Totally worth it ...

Forum List

Back