how much is the salary ? i'm not taking it...

i'll bet he gives it to the veterans. i'll bet he doesn't have million dollar a night whitehouse beyonce parties on the taxpayers tab either.

it's 1.6 million for the 4 year gig.

obama reid and pelosi spent that on limosines obama's first week... heh, the times they are a changin.. taxpayer money will mean something again.
If they had to pay for limousines themselves, they wouldn't use limos. They'd walk or ride bikes, the cheap, lecherous, criminal communist pieces of shit.
sometimes they're cheap and lecherous in the back of the limo that's paid from taxpayer paychecks.
Sure, as long as they aren't paying for it.

They're all kinds of trashy rich when it's somebody else's $$.

i'll bet he gives it to the veterans. i'll bet he doesn't have million dollar a night whitehouse beyonce parties on the taxpayers tab either.

it's 1.6 million for the 4 year gig.

obama reid and pelosi spent that on limosines obama's first week... heh, the times they are a changin.. taxpayer money will mean something again.
If they had to pay for limousines themselves, they wouldn't use limos. They'd walk or ride bikes, the cheap, lecherous, criminal communist pieces of shit.
sometimes they're cheap and lecherous in the back of the limo that's paid from taxpayer paychecks.
Sure, as long as they aren't paying for it.

They're all kinds of trashy rich when it's somebody else's $$.
Not to worry koshergrl
Once people learn the reward of earning and owning things yourself, and of giving and receiving gifts because you want to not because it's forced or at someone else expense,
People want that liberation.
They suffer when it's coerced and they fight in fear to keep what was never theirs.
There is no security or peace in that.
Once ppl learn the difference, it's like the feeling you get when you find the right person for you, and you no longer want or need anything else.

There is no comparison, once ppl experience real ownership and freedom to invest and exchange because you earned and own it, they don't go back to depending on others.

Once you have ownership and leverage, sure, you can ask other people for money to invest and grow more resources that way. But it has to built on a stable foundation, no pyramid schemes like Enron. The ppl or institutions I know that build an endowment do so by owning and managing real estate. Once you learn and master that, you are too busy maintaining your own resources and you really will not depend on other people. so that's part of the education and experience we need to make equally accessible to the public, so everyone has a chance to become fully independent and financially self sustaining. That's where humanity is heading, we just need to organize schools and institutions to teach and train ppl of all classes how to manage resources and budgets and work their way up the scale, just like levels in school.

washamericom emilynghiem JimBowie1958

I think this is a lovely idea, if there is anything I can do to help make it happen let me know.
Thank you so much!
The vets I did find were getting overwhelmed and discouraged, so your support is perfect timing so they don't give up.
washamericom (and EverCurious)
if you'll please advise me
I'm ready to present this to the local Sanders group meeting tomorrow and
KPFT meeting on Saturday.

I will advise my Congresswoman's Vet affairs contact that we'd like a meeting with USVETS on the housing and funding plan, starting with this angle.

I really was on the verge of jumping off a bridge if I couldn't help the Vet save his house while he pieced this together. Now you give me hope this plan will
Finally work. And I wasn't crazy lending my last paycheck to the Vet so his house didnt foreclose and we coukd buy more time to figure this out how to create a paid job for him doing this right under a solid business plan and budget.

So I would have lost it, too.

Y'all really saved me from going over the edge not knowing WHAT to do.

Imagine what our Vets go through.
My stress over this is nothing in comparison, but it sure helps me appreciate them more and more.

I promised I would dedicate this project to vets, if I survived long enough and didn't die from a hunger strike if a better solution didn't come along in time.

Thank you for supporting that better solution!

On behalf of all the Vets who will benefit, thank you in advance!

Tell me what you see doing next, and I'm relieved and grateful.

Thanks love hugs and salute to our Vets, both with us and departed, and those coming up through the ranks who will see the creation of a better system of jobs in defense so we don't ever leave a single soul behind, in war or in poverty or sickness, but we build such a sustainable safety net, that nobody falls through any holes.

Thank you for renewing my hope this isn't some impossible dream! Maybe I can keep my commitment my promise to veterans I made years ago. Thanks!

Yours truly, Emily

The President receives $400,000 a year. He won't even know he has it.
Never know when the wife will need liposuction...

She has her own money and was a millionaire before she married Trump.
Posing nude will do that...Do you have any moral obligation to tell her it's okay?
Dear Moonglow if you look at the photos it's clear they are for modeling not just gratuitous nudity.

If the spirit is nasty, even if the ppl have clothes on it's still selling the sex and exploiting the shame and manipulating the mind.

If the spirit is natural life as art, then even if there's nudity it comes across as natural and not shameful.

So it's not the nudity but the spirit and intent.

As for the context of campaign material, I think it's interesting that with Romney the far right had to get over him being Mormon. And with this, can you imagine the Christians struggling to forgive photos like that! I really feel for and pray for that to be resolved. If the people can forgive that which we find the most difficult stretch for us, well, that's a victory for all humanity to grow a few notches bigger in our hearts than our minds want to think otherwise.

There is hope for humanity with each challenge we overcome.

And Trump pushes buttons on all sides. Should be very interesting challenge to see this process to the next level..whatever we couldn't forgive with Bush or Obama, now we have Trump to push buttons and teach lessons that both sides struggle with.

May the whole world benefit and be better for it, wherever this process takes us!

Trump has a constitutional duty to receive a salary, in an amount prescribed by Congress. If this had been Obama, people would have demanded his head on a platter of refusing to uphold the constitution or the laws created by Congress.

Trump has a constitutional duty to receive a salary, in an amount prescribed by Congress. If this had been Obama, people would have demanded his head on a platter of refusing to uphold the constitution or the laws created by Congress.

Thats why he said legally he had to recieve a dollar each year.
You think they won't prescribe it?

emilynghiem I suggest getting ahold of the Veterans Party I'm sure they can help with this. Steve Harrison is the head of the Alaska division he knows how to get ahold of the other state heads for the party and I'm sure someone in that tight knit group knows how to move this forward. ~ Veterans Party Of Alaska | Facebook
Thanks I LOVE the Veterans Party mission statement. Yes, if we get them on it by state, I'm seeing matching funds.

400k x 4 years
4 teams of 20 Vets
One team for each site
We can dedicate to Ambassador Stevens, the IT staff and other service people killed and brutalized in Benghazi while we carried on with elections and media politics by the freedoms so many give their lives for.

Let's start with one team of 20 vets, but the goal of replicating and funding four.

Make one model team work, and help those Vets expand and branch out.

USVETS really deserves that support to make sure all vets stay connected.

Yes the Vet party is perfect to organize teams in 1-4 states to get one started short term, in context with longer term plans in more states

Thanks so much EverCurious

washamericom I want to refer the veteran taking this on. James Simmons, has IT and real estate background. How do you see setting this up? What do I tell James at this point?

JimBowie1958 can I get him in contact with you? Will it take a database set up to organize matching donations or what?

As for mentoring it depends on the mentor and the intern what is needed. Some people need constant consulting and support, like if you take on someone recovering from deep depression or incarceration or abuse, that's hardcore compared to just tutoring a vet through a GED or job application process. Some just need to know they have a guardian angel on their shoulder who won't let them fail and give up. When ppl find a good match, it works out, and no two partnerships are alike. Just like marriages or friendships it depends on the two people, and whatever works out.

I believe in voluntary matching where ppl find the right fit for themselves. It's not something you can predict or control. That's my experience with tutoring and mentoring. You make up the plans that depend on the ppl what you can and can't do, and focus on what works for both.

Every person is different, and so is every partnership between any two ppl.

I'm sure you'd make a great mentor and teacher with just the experience you have alone. There's always someone out there who could use help from someone just like you. It's a matter of finding each other by networking based on common interests and field of study, using trial and error, process of elimination to find the right fit.

He can receive the salary and donate it.

As for Obama, I hope Trump has Obama and Democrats take the Executive Order on Excellence in African American Education, the Dept of Education, and reinvent the prison and school and public housing systems as medical education services and treatment fsciloties to sustain themselves and universal health care.

No time to play games in the media for political points back and forth.

Take Democrats policies and promises and make them happen. Put them in charge of funding and managing their own programs. Go for it, nobody stopping you!

If George Washington couldn't refuse a salary (he was paid $25,000 a year, the equivalent of more than $700k in 2016 USD), then Trump won't be able to either.

Presidents can and have given their salary to charity and there's nothing that says they can't give all of it back to the Treasury as a donation.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service may accept gifts donated to the United States Government to reduce debt held by the public. Acting for the Secretary of the Treasury, Fiscal Service may accept a gift of: Money, made only on the condition that it be used to reduce debt held by the public.​

This is great to hear about what you all are doing ,seems you are doing a great service, but one question........
Why are you discussing this in the Trumps salary thread rather than the military one?

If George Washington couldn't refuse a salary (he was paid $25,000 a year, the equivalent of more than $700k in 2016 USD), then Trump won't be able to either.

President Washington took a smaller salary, just like Trump wants to.

He can accept the salary and donate it.

He is not like liberals who need a court to order it or tax policy to require paying it voluntarily to another recipient.

Is that the problem SwimExpert ?
Liberal minds can't imagine giving freely out of charity? So all such choices have to be dictated and regulated by force of law
Before someone can give money, donate or invest? There's no such thing as volunteering to donate?

No wonder why Democrats pushed those ACA mandates. If everything has to be forced through federal government before it's considered a legal choice!!

Really rich guys like Trump or Schwarzenegger don't need the pay.

Like Buffett and Gates, they would have a hard time spending everything they have now. They just don't need it.

President Washington took a smaller salary, just like Trump wants to.

False.

True!

Oh, for fuck's sake. This is the problem with some of you fucking morons. You can't even be bothered to deal in reality.

Washington did not take a lower salary. To the contrary, he finally gave up his resistance to taking a salary because it was pointed out to him that as the first President his example would set the example future generations of Americans. He didn't want to set a precedent that the Presidency would only be accessible to the wealthy who could afford to hold office without pay or with only partial pay. So he surrendered his opposition, and received the full salary as prescribed by Congress.

Forum List

Back