How many would like to see a forum dedicated strictly to fake news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTheKnife

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2018
As many now realize the congress seems unwilling so far to deal with our msm spreading propaganda.....which is a threat to our national security.

The latest most brazen example being their coverage of the shooting of the black jogger in Georgia.

Anyonethat has followed that story sees how the media has distorted, spun and outright lied about what happened....in a desperate attempt to lynch two good Georgia Citizens.

Two videos that prove how the msm has distorted and lied about this case.

As many now realize the congress seems unwilling so far to deal with our msm spreading propaganda.....which is a threat to our national security.

The latest most brazen example being their coverage of the shooting of the black jogger in Georgia.

Anyone that has followed that story sees how the media has distorted, spun and outright lied about what happened....in a desperate attempt to lynch two good Georgia Citizens.

Anyone that has followed that story sees how the media has distorted, spun and outright lied about what happened....in a desperate attempt to lynch two good Georgia Citizens.

Have you notice all the bizarre sites, publication, quotes and crackpot theories on here, Fake News is well represented.

Have you notice all the bizarre sites, publication, quotes and crackpot theories on here, Fake News is well represented.

Nowhere more than by the MSM......anyhow.....very few people watch the alternative news sites....yet the majority tune in daily to the alphabet media aka abc, cbs, nbc, and cnn not to mention Fox which is not much better though they claim to be fair and balanced.....why not claim to present the truth....why does the truth neeed to be balanced?

Hell they have an entire channel devoted to fake news. Faux.

Under the 1st Amendment it is difficult to deal with fake news.

The only mode I see is to hold them responsible for any actual damages caused by their nonsense, same as calling FIRE in a theater.

Either that, or dig up all the dirt on the individuals shilling it, and slam them with it.

I am not totally in the tank with Mac, but you definitely have to have a grain or more with any he mentioned below. He left out OAN. One reason I like the board is it does expose you to viewpoints often supported by sites or pub I don't follow for right or wrong and provoke at times to look deeper to see if posters are simply full-o-crap political hacks, true believers, or seekers. They're all here. Defending a position you take, makes you hunt through alternate sources, rather than rely on MSM, although that sometime turns out to be the right answer. Only reading or seeing the slant you like is not a good thing.

So, Final Answer?
Two good Georgia Citizens?
So you have seen enough, case over?
Black guy bad, white rednecks are Heroes.

RWI logic 101.
The guy was walking until he came out of the unfinished building. When he saw people watching him he wasn't jogging. He was running away like a hubcap thief. His big mistake was charging and lunging at an armed man. He killed himself.

The only mode I see is to hold them responsible for any actual damages caused by their nonsense, same as calling FIRE in a theater.

Either that, or dig up all the dirt on the individuals shilling it, and slam them with it.

The first amendment deals with free speech by individuals and the press.........I say we need to make free speech by individuals even more protected than it now is...as people get fired and punished in other ways for what they say.

What we should be concerned about is the 'press' ---which does much damage by spreading propaganda....the constitution gurantees freedom of speech for the press..........but I do not think the founders meant to give them freedom to spread lies aka propaganda etc.---one way to deal with that would be to require the licensing of the press...and to maintain or preserve their license they would be subject to review by some un-biased authority...which admittedly would be hard to find...maybe a panel of judges authorized to oversee the licensing process ...well respected judges from both parties...not fool proof but it might be going in the right direction....they would review all charges against the media concerning such matters as propaganda, lying, spinning, censorship and bias......these judges should be subject to recall by the citizenry if they seem to be biased.

Just thinking out loud here....I am sure some might have some better ideas regarding how the press or the media could be persuaded to cease and desist from spreading fake news, propaganda, censoring the news, and outright lying.

The guy was walking until he came out of the unfinished building. When he saw people watching him he wasn't jogging. He was running away like a hubcap thief. His big mistake was charging and lunging at an armed man. He killed himself.

You have video of this "the guy was walking" and "When he saw people"

Post your link.

So, Final Answer?
Two good Georgia Citizens?
So you have seen enough, case over?
Black guy bad, white rednecks are Heroes.

RWI logic 101.

Very correct....but I don't think we should get off onto the georgia incident too much even though i posted a couple of viceos of that case as an example of how the msm has lied about it.

If we go to far in that direction we will get a thousand posts on here and none of them with any ideas on how to stop the media from lying, etc.

I do not think fox news is much diferent from the .alphabet media......certainly not a conservative news site.

I think you miss my point however.....i am not advocating for fake news. hehheh

What I meant....is a forum dedicated to exposing fake news....no matter its source.

Yes...holding them responsible for damages....would be a positive development.....of course they can be sued and have been sued many times for damages....the problem with that being they can afford the best lawyers and that makes it difficult for someone without the financial sources the media has to be able to bring them to justice.

MSM, no matter what wingnuts say, is still FAR more reliable than periphery media.
When you have a link from a fringe site calling the NY Times (the winner of no less that 125 Pulitzer Prizes) as a fake news site, you know those spruiking the fringe site are desperate.
Is the MSM perfect? No. The quality of a MSM sites depend on the country. In Britain for example, the red top tabloid press is despicable, the BBC is pretty good. In the US, ABC, NBC etc are okay at best, whereas Fox is just a joke.

I do not think fox news is much diferent from the .alphabet media......certainly not a conservative news site.

What I meant....is a forum dedicated to exposing fake news....no matter its source.

Who would determine the definition of "fake news" and enforce that definition by removing all unqualified submissions?

MSM, no matter what wingnuts say, is still FAR more reliable than periphery media.
When you have a link from a fringe site calling the NY Times (the winner of no less that 125 Pulitzer Prizes) as a fake news site, you know those spruiking the fringe site are desperate.
Is the MSM perfect? No. The quality of a MSM sites depend on the country. In Britain for example, the red top tabloid press is despicable, the BBC is pretty good. In the US, ABC, NBC etc are okay at best, whereas Fox is just a joke.

Well of course everyone has a 'personal opinion' on what the best news sites are depending on their political orientation bias etc.

But as I mentioned the alternative news sites....do not get that many viewers....the majority of people get their news from the alphabet media and fox news.

Personally I do not like fox news ...despite what liberals think they are not a conservative news site.....not much better than the alphabet media.

What I am trying to get at it is how to prevent the msm from outright lying, spreding propaganda and being overly biased.

We will never get an agreement of wht the best news sites are....but it might be possible to come up with some ideas on how stop the msm from lying, spreading propaganda, etc.

Who would determine the definition of "fake news" and enforce that definition by removing all unqualified submissions?

The present definition of fake news seems to be any news the president and his supporters do not like being air in public, whether it is true or not, simply news they don't want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back