....How many Russians?......

So, Chicago's Englewood neighborhoods, or Phoenix's central area south of Van Buren are the models for Lviv? For Odesa? For Uman?
Who knew?
Or are you saying Jacksonville's Edgewood neighborhood is the reason Putin is blowing up Kharkiv?
Really?

Forgive my avatar, good poster IamZ, but.......but you don't seem to really know what you are talking about....be it America's poorest urban neighborhoods, or Ukraine's cities.

Now, we are sure you are a good person.
But people are flawed.
Some more than others, I suppose.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I demur.

As mentioned earlier....but about American Republicans.....I know a whole great big bunch of Democrats. Many of them I really like. They are my neighbors, parts of our big families, former colleagues, friends, vendors, and local business owners. I like most of them. Some, well, I don't......but that's as true of my local Republicans, Independents, Libertarians, et al. People are people.

But all of them......ALL of them......want a successful America that provides a safe and enriching enviroment for their children and grandchildren. No American I know....except some of the nutso-crazo fringies whose musings I read on the internet .....want America to fail. Or think now that Ameria has failed, or is "destroyed" to use poster IamZ's own words.

To say such is either just being silly, or comes from one who is ignorant of America, or has himself failed at his personal endeavors here in America and is simply envious? I dunno.

And, because I now live exclusively in the U.S...... I like the U.S.
In fact over quiche & coffee at a local restaurant this morning I was talking with a former colleague from a former life.......and he and I agreed that we are living in magical times right now.

Technology has opened so much of our world to us. It has make life easier, richer, more fulfilling. We are both old enough and had successful enough careers ....and now have contented post-careers..... to know that we are blessed. And we both are grateful.

(ps....a little anecdote: We were laughing this morning over our years of traipsing across the airports of America, and some countries, and desperately searching for....or getting in the wait-que......for a pay-phone to call our secretaries or contacts.

That all went away with the ubuiquity of cell phones. Magical times, now. Trust me.

ps...."secretaries" went away too. :thup: )
American cities are gone no longer American but divided by multicultural communities, they have a low iq they think they are building a new country with their failed culture that brought them here in the first place and democrats fund it.

good example for me was in middle school all the pregnant Latino girls.. my American culture and heritage did not acknowledge that this was OK.. but because I was around people that refused to assimilate it created a different culture for me and A problem for my parents. And many parents. My mom told me that that’s their culture don’t follow.
I grew up not with a focus on education but on different cultures. Wildest suburb kids my age all grew up with a good education.
This immigration is causing so much horrible situations for people in pork communities. Sad

I emailed my comrade Boris last night who is in the Russian army's humanitarian mission to free the Ukrainian people.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good to know that "Boris-from-the-Internet" has so far dodged those Javelin rockets.
But, as far as Vladimir Putin being on an 'humanitarian mission'.....well, I dunno.

Read the 'taster' paragraphs offered in posts on this thread....from the Washington Post, and the New York Times:

• News pieces that talk of the revulsion of Ukrainians, even ethnic Russian Ukrainians, over the lawlessness and corruption in the Russian controlled secessionist areas of Ukraine.
  • Read the reportage of so many civilian deaths from Russian rockets/artillery/bombing that Ukraine is running out of body bags for those dead civilians.

But, I suppose some folks, seemingly good poster SunniMan being one, may think killing women, kids, old ladies, old men, toddlers is, well, is"humanitarian".

My avatar, for one, is not so sure.

Forgive me, but I think the forum is now seeing one of those Captain Obvious moments. Duh!
Projecting? I’m self educated now.. god bless motivation and defeating this horrible immigration.. proof is you can only attack, you can never win a argument.. hehe

But, I suppose some folks, seemingly good poster SunniMan being one, may think killing women, kids, old ladies, old men, toddlers is, well, is"humanitarian".
My comrade Boris has assured me in his email's that his Russian peace keeping battalion is doing everything possible to minimize civilian collateral damage. But it is a special military operation and unfortunately sometimes bad things do happen.

"you can only attack"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, my avatar sincerely demurs.

Rather, my avatar sees his latest efforts as being an advocate for the blown-up toddlers, hospitals, civilians, and cultural treasures of Ukraine.

And too, he holds a modicum of skepticism about Putin using the poverty of Denver's City Park neighborhood as the rationale to Allepo-ize the civilian neighborhoods of Mariupol.

IMHO

"But it is a special military operation...."

And, it seems, one of the "specialties" of this 'special military operation' is to turn the cities of Ukraine into cratered Groznys' or Allepos'.
Civilian infants and pregnant mothers..... be damned.
After all, 'bad-things-do-happen'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, my avatar sincerely demurs.

Rather, my avatar sees his latest efforts as being an advocate for the blown-up toddlers, hospitals, civilians, and cultural treasures of Ukraine.

And too, he holds a modicum of skepticism about Putin using the poverty of Denver's City Park neighborhood as the rationale to Allepo-ize the civilian neighborhoods of Mariupol.

IMHO
See nothing

I talked to my friend Boris online who is in the mighty Russian army fighting to free the Ukrainian people.
He said they are killing Ukrainian insurgents and piling them up like huge stacks of cordwood. They are unskilled, untrained amature fighters and we just mow them down. We feel sad they are dying for the criminal Zelensky and his lies.
Youre killing these people AND freeing them? :cuckoo:

And, it seems, one of the "specialties" of this 'special military operation' is to turn the cities of Ukraine into cratered Groznys' or Allepos'. Civilian infants and pregnant mothers..... be damned. After all, 'bad-things-do-happen'.
If the psychopath Zelensky would just immediately surrender and submit to arrest for his war crimes.
This whole unfortunate situation would be over. ... :cool-45:

If the psychopath Zelensky would just immediately surrender and submit to arrest for his war crimes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boris-from-the-Internet.".....is that you?

thought you were serious about wanting a discussion about the situation on the ground in Ukraine.

Here's the deal Sunni, using as a "source" an entity such as "Boris-from-the-Internet" does not lend your avatar credibility.

Now, I can't say my sources.....Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, New York Times......are 100% correct in their reportage. I ain't there to see for myself. However, each newspaper does have feet-on-the-street eyes-on reporters who are giving frequent accounts of what they are seeing. And the individual reports from highly competitive reporters and news sources seem consistent, they at least do not markedly contradict each other on a consistent basis. In short, one report seems to be in-line with other reports. And these are 'individual' reportages......not 'pool' reportages.

To be sure, what they are seeing is in the cities....not on the bleeding edge front-lines. Front-lines, no surprise, are very very dangerous places to be. So we can expect fewer....but considerably more than zero.....eyes-on of actual tanks blowing up, and soldiers falling.

Still, I will stand by the WSJ, WaPo, and NYT over most any "Boris-from-the-Internet" reports.

Your mileage may vary.

Here's the deal Sunni, using as a "source" an entity such as "Boris-from-the-Internet" does not lend your avatar credibility.

Now, I can't say my sources.....Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, New York Times......are 100% correct in their reportage. I ain't there to see for myself. However, each newspaper does have feet-on-the-street eyes-on reporters who are giving frequent accounts of what they are seeing. And the individual reports from highly competitive reporters and news sources seem consistent, they at least do not markedly contradict each other on a consistent basis. In short, one report seems to be in-line with other reports. And these are 'individual' reportages......not 'pool' reportages.

To be sure, what they are seeing is in the cities....not on the bleeding edge front-lines. Front-lines, no surprise, are very very dangerous places to be. So we can expect fewer....but considerably more than zero.....eyes-on of actual tanks blowing up, and soldiers falling.

Still, I will stand by the WSJ, WaPo, and NYT over most any "Boris-from-the-Internet" reports.
Sometimes I email his wife Natasha and she confirms everything Boris has told me.
Surely that's validation enough? ... :cool-45:

his wife Natasha and she confirms everything
Surely that's validation enough?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is trending towards a Rocky & Bullwinkle, Boris & Natasha episode, no?

Bullwinkle: I'd like to apply for a job as an usher?
Boris: What experience have you had?
Bullwinkle: I've been in the dark for most of my life.

That seems to be a fit here, poster Sunni.

Keep at it, though.
Being persuasive can be hard.

Good luck.

Moving away from good poster Sunni's fascination with 1960's American cartoons....let's take a look at something with a bit more gravitas.

This morning's Politico offered an interesting insight into some apparent signals coming from Russia's official TV news channel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
".......it is at least clear that things are changing inside the Kremlin, that Putin is anxious, that he’s changing tactics, and he’s preparing his domestic audience for those changes. To figure out whether that means more war or some kind of peace — stay tuned."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is worth the read:

" Putin’s Strange New Messaging on Russian TV"​

Russia’s flagship news broadcast is a rare window into Kremlin thinking — which is becoming muddier as the war drags on."

If it wasn't for all those dead people, destroyed homes, shattered cultural buildings....well, if not for that, one could get kinda sorta entertained by some of this.

For example, as reported by Reuters this morning:

"U.S. soldiers alive, despite Russia 'fake news' report, U.S. military says"

WASHINGTON, March 17 (Reuters) - Three current and former members of the Tennessee National Guard falsely identified in a Russian media report as mercenaries who were killed in Ukraine are in fact alive and well, the Tennessee National Guard said on Thursday.

Some Russian troops are also reportedly deserting because of low morale; one recent U.S. intelligence report described soldiers parking their vehicles and walking off into the woods.
:rolleyes:

Or more likely, they had to take a crap.

Sure you can hold it in for a while, but not for 3 weeks. They need to dismount and go do their business.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back