China is corrupt.
North Korea is corrupt.
Venezuela is corrupt.
Mexico is corrupt.
The Biden Administration is corrupt.
Canada is corrupt.
African nations are corrupt.
It's a corrupt world.
As for Russia vs Ukraine. The choice is between Russia, an oppressive, murderous Oligarchy that arrests and/or murders political opponents or, Ukraine, a Democratically elected government.
Ukraine is the third most corrupt country on earth Russia is number 17 it’s not even close. Biden has been laundering money for years in ukraine

As for Russia vs Ukraine. The choice is between Russia, an oppressive, murderous Oligarchy that arrests and/or murders political opponents or, Ukraine, a Democratically elected government.
Ukraine hasn't been a Democracy for a long time.
It's a Kleptocracy ran by criminal gangs who's main business is laundering drug money and other criminal activities.
Don't believe me? Then ask veggie Joe or his son Hunter.
They know all about it from first hand experience.

Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries on earth. You will never get a honest statement from them.
That wasn't from Ukraine. Do some reading, comrade!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The March 9th issue of the Washington Post had an interesting piece on the use of the letter "Z" by American far right sympathizers with Vladimir Putin. I'd suggest to posters to try to read it as an informative backgrounder on the use of "Z".

How ‘Z’ became a symbol for supporting Russia’s invasion of Ukraine

".....the letter “Z” of the Latin alphabet — which does not exist in the Cyrillic Russian alphabet — has been deployed beyond the military, pointing to what some experts say is a state-led effort to ramp up support for the war.

But experts like Galeev and others, say its sudden use among many Russians follows a state-organized propaganda campaign to rally support, or at least create the impression to the outside world that Russian people stand behind the invasion.
“It is clearly propagated by and organized by the state with the purpose of creating a sense of broad public support for the invasion,” said Henry E. Hale, a professor of political science and international affairs at George Washington University.

Hale added that these symbols can be “powerful tools for authoritarian regimes” like Russia.....
Once again you failed to research. The Cyrillic alphabet has Ze which is romanized as Z.

The Russian mark the vehicles Z or W for west and east.

Once again you failed to research. The Cyrillic alphabet has Ze which is romanized as Z.

Thank you for that information---even the media hasn't said this--well lib media.

And where do you think they got the information from? I’ll wait why you ponder that lol

Some of them have a Z, some of them have a Z in a box, some of them have a V and some of them have a O.

And it appears that it depends on their geographic region.

But he assures me
"Boris-on-the-Internet"......assures you?.
Got it.
Good to know.
Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Biden has been laundering money for years in ukraine"
Can we presume then that this too came from "Boris-on-the-Internet"?

And Z, before embracing too warmly your support for Vladimir Putin and the bombing of hospitals, note that the WaPo piece on the letter "Z".....also said this:

• " its sudden use among many Russians follows a state-organized propaganda campaign."
  • "these symbols can be “powerful tools for authoritarian regimes” like Russia.....”
Have you been duped and snookered?

Once again you failed to research

Ah, once again, you are trying too hard Rocky.
Settle down, let the game come to you.
A careful reader would note that my poor avatar is merely passing on reportage done by others. Others at the Washington Post. Go ahead and read the whole article ...... you've been given the source and the date of publication. Due diligence is a thing, Rocky.

Perhaps you could write a complaining letter to WaPo?

Let the forum know how it goes with the response. ;)
--------------------------------------------------

In the meantime, would you offer the forum your perspective on the "7,000 dead Russians" the New York Times reportage offers?

Where do you think that is on the spectrum of truthiness between......Vlad-the-Bad's "498 KIA"......the Ukranian' claim of 12,000 Russian KIA, and U.S. Intelligence' claim of 7,000 dead Russians?

Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries on earth. You will never get a honest statement from them.

And coming from a reservoir of intellect, definately no hate, a wish for Biden to fail and supporting a communist sympathiser like Trump,
I know you are right.
Well done Einstein.

We have noted the fanboy-ism on this gossipboard over Vlad-the-Mad's most excellent adventure in destroying his neighbor's cities.

This, from yesterday's New York Times:

"The Annihilation of Kharkiv"

Unable to take control of Kharkiv, Russia has resorted to destroying it.

Over the past three weeks, Russian forces have bombarded Ukraine’s second-largest city with a relentless barrage of artillery, rockets, cluster munitions and guided missiles. Lately, the attacks have come mainly at night.

At least 500 civilians have been killed in the city of 1.5 million people, according to the city’s emergency services agency. The true number is most likely higher, and rescue workers continue to dig through the rubble. At least 189 people have been rescued from damaged buildings since the start of the war.

-----------------------------------------------

And still, we have this gossipboard's Vlad-fanboys justifying such because "Ukraine is corrupt".
Ergo.......bombing hospitals, killing civilians, and destroying cultural treasures......is just the ticket for curing poor governance.

Paint me skeptical.

As the linked piece offers.....Kharkiv, very close to the Russian border, has a large ethnic Russian population with many ties to Russia. Yet, that same population has been repelled by the lawlessness endemic in the Russia backed seperatist states such as Donetsk and Luhansk.

From the Times:
"Closer to Russia than any other large Ukrainian city, Kharkiv has long loomed large in President Vladimir Putin’s view that Ukraine is no more than an appendage of Russia.

Many residents have strong familial, cultural and economic ties to Russia. But since the war in eastern Ukraine eight years ago, a clear majority of the residents have come to identify with the Ukrainian state, the journalist Masha Gessen wrote in The New Yorker. Many say they are disgusted by the lawlessness and corruption in the Russian-backed separatist regions."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Russian/Ukranian Wive's Wisdom: "Careful with who you sleep with. There's flea thingy, you know."

--------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, I hear your concerns about "western estimates".
It is a fair concern.

But then, that seemingly leaves us with the impression that the good poster 1srelluc is suggesting we should rely on Putin's estimates of his casualties?
Which, last I heard, was 498.

Who should we believe?
Putin?
Or, U.S. intelligence?
I'd say none of the above for now. Things have moved past the mistakes made early-on from "the fog of war" to rank Soviet-Style propaganda on both sides now.

Too much battle footage from 2014 is being interspaced with current bombardment footage to suit me as "truth". There was even video game footage used. Just let it shake out on it's own.

And coming from a reservoir of intellect, definately no hate, a wish for Biden to fail and supporting a communist sympathiser like Trump,
I know you are right.
Well done Einstein.
Do I want Biden to fail with a nuclear war? No I dont, but I also know that Biden is one of the most corrupt people in the history of the earth, also a dull bulb, his Family has laundered money using his high position and government through Ukraine through China and through Russia.. Trump told you this, you don’t listen. Mean tweets, lol

"Boris-on-the-Internet"......assures you?.
Got it.
Good to know.
Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can we presume then that this too came from "Boris-on-the-Internet"?

And Z, before embracing too warmly your support for Vladimir Putin and the bombing of hospitals, note that the WaPo piece on the letter "Z".....also said this:

• " its sudden use among many Russians follows a state-organized propaganda campaign."
  • "these symbols can be “powerful tools for authoritarian regimes” like Russia.....”
Have you been duped and snookered?

Ah, once again, you are trying too hard Rocky.
Settle down, let the game come to you.
A careful reader would note that my poor avatar is merely passing on reportage done by others. Others at the Washington Post. Go ahead and read the whole article ...... you've been given the source and the date of publication. Due diligence is a thing, Rocky.

Perhaps you could write a complaining letter to WaPo?

Let the forum know how it goes with the response. ;)

In the meantime, would you offer the forum your perspective on the "7,000 dead Russians" the New York Times reportage offers?

Where do you think that is on the spectrum of truthiness between......Vlad-the-Bad's "498 KIA"......the Ukranian' claim of 12,000 Russian KIA, and U.S. Intelligence' claim of 7,000 dead Russians?
No commie troll I know Biden is compromised.

Forum List

Back