How long should the so-called oath keepers have to go to jail for? what about the BLM rioters?

You are right: we are not organized. Not like the Democrats, whose gross abuses are winning everywhere, as far as I can see. We do need "cadre" and at this point, I don't see that happening. Good post, very interesting.
Thank you for the kind compliment. We need people like you! In fact, I know you've been working your magic already, and turning some of our enemies into animals. When I read about some really sickening brutal crime, I say, "That Circe's work! ... She turned that Democrat voter into an animal! She's been doing that for thousands of years. Thank God she's on our side! Now we have to organize!"

Thank you for the kind compliment. We need people like you! In fact, I know you've been working your magic already, and turning some of our enemies into animals. When I read about some really sickening brutal crime, I say, "That Circe's work! ... She turned that Democrat voter into an animal! She's been doing that for thousands of years. Thank God she's on our side! Now we have to organize!"
??????????????

I thought you were probably some sort of fake; it still isn't obvious to me what kind of fake. Can any of our conservative posters figure this one out? A little unusual.

??????????????

I thought you were probably some sort of fake; it still isn't obvious to me what kind of fake. Can any of our conservative posters figure this one out? A little unusual.

I have wavered between "This guy is intelligent" and "This guy is completely full of shit".

Still undecided.

Nine people out of how many arrested?

How stupid can you clowns get 91% of protesters not charged with anything in Portland . , maybe just maybe it is because it is legal in this country to protest , but trying to bring down our government and democracy with force putting 140 cops in the hospital , shitting and pissing on the floors of the capital, Is illegal and as traitors should have been shot to the man of anyone who was involved in their treason. , their original protest totally legal , a lie, dishonorable and stupid but still legal.

Boy these right wing hate party members are stupid. They are like talking to a empty dog dish.

How stupid can you clowns get 91% of protesters not charged with anything in Portland . , maybe just maybe it is because it is legal in this country to protest , but trying to bring down our government and democracy with force putting 140 cops in the hospital , shitting and pissing on the floors of the capital, Is illegal and as traitors should have been shot to the man of anyone who was involved in their treason. , their original protest totally legal , a lie, dishonorable and stupid but still legal.

Not half as stupid as you trolls.

Thanks for that thought provoking post.

??????????????

Hmmm... don't you know the origin of your screen name, Circe? (Or maybe you don't like my sense of humor, which admittedly is not for everyone.)
Anyway, the story of Circe, for those who missed their Greek mythology class:

Circe is an enchantress and a minor goddess in ancient Greek mythology and religion.[1] She is a daughter of the Titan Helios and the Oceanid nymph Perse. Circe was renowned for her vast knowledge of potions and herbs. Through the use of these and a magic wand or staff, she would transform her enemies, or those who offended her, into animals.
[ Circe - Wikipedia ]

As for being 'fake', I assume you mean I'm really a secret Leftist and am trying to persuade conservatives to do stupid things, or to refrain from doing smarts.

Or to try to split the conservative movement in various ways? This is an police/FBI tactic, by the way. It's call "hanging a snitch jacket" on someone. You spread rumors that your target is actually a police informer. Watch out for people doing this. Paranoia has always been a problem on the Right.

As for my credentials ... I've been posting, as a conservative, on online forums, for about 20 years. I did two speaking tours for Republican and Tea Party groups, one on socialized medicine, the other on the welfare state, about ten years ago. [I've uploaded, as my avatar, a photo taken at the time.] I'm a founder of a new conservative/patriotic website, PatriotAction.US. I have a blog (inactive), over 13 years old, with my political opinions expressed on it. So I probably have better 'credentials' than many people posting here ... what are yours, by the way?

There may be such people -- fakes, infiltrators --, although unfortunately, we've got plenty of 'sincere' conservatives who do the Left's work for them.

For example, you don't have to look at many conservative bulletin boards/forums, especially those associated with the militia movement, to find people posting crazy stuff about how we have to hang liberal traitors, or go out and start shooting Democrats.

They're probably 'sincere' -- just stupid men who've watched too much Rambo, for whom their AR15's barrel is a substitute for a body part that disappoints them in its length and hardness -- but they do us no favors by this. And if they are actually in a group, it's them that the police infiltrator will seize on to encourage, to get the group to commit a felony. So I always call these fools out.

Or the dummkopf's who believe that George Soros and Hillary Clinton meet weekly with Satan to feast on the flesh of children.

And then there are the ones who write things that are very easily framed as 'racist' -- casual comments that imply that they think that all Black people are like the worst Black people.
Whereas I believe we need to reach out to and bring into our ranks people of all races, religions, sexual orientations.

With friends like these, you don't need enemies.

Our real weakness is that we are large in numbers -- tens of millions -- but weak in organization. There are thousands of conservatives posting on line on forums like this. Great. They're expressing themselves. But they're not doing anything that hurts the Left, who are far better than we are at building mass organizations and reaching people.

We have to organize. And the organizations we build have to turn outward, and start doing things that win people over to our side -- including people who are not, at this moment, on our side.

The Houston branch of the Texas State Militia is doing excellent community work -- I wish we had a group like them in every county in America. [ TSM Houston Militia – Houston Militia ]

The former Oathkeepers in Yavapai, Arizona are also working along the right lines. I think the Houston people ought to change their name, drop the scary "militia" word, and be like the Arizona people, who call themselves a "Community Protection Team" or something similar.
[ https://YCPT.org ] A rose, by any other name, etc.

I know that I must appear unusual among a group of conservatives. I don't have a typical conservative background. My parents were ardent New Dealers, growing up in the 1920s/30s ... and I spent the first 20 years of my life in a hard core Marxist organization. -- basically all of the 60s and 70s. So I know the Left from the inside, and I intend to use what I learned there against them. They're good at building organizations. We need to be as well.

(Half the founding members of the editorial board of National Review were ex-Marxists. Whittaker Chambers' Witness is one of the most moving, profound books you'll ever read. It's a founding document of modern American conservatism.)

Western civilization, with our country in the vanguard, is going down. We probably can't prevent that, but we can salvage something from the ruins, if we're organized beforehand, and prepared.

The great Victor Davis Hanson has a new, sobering essay on the end of the Byzantine empire, for anyone feeling too bubbly, and its parallels with America today:
[ Are We the Byzantines? ]

But we shouldn't get depressed by reading such things ... they should just underline the urgency of getting down to the hard work of building our organizations around the country.

I have wavered between "This guy is intelligent" and "This guy is completely full of shit".

Still undecided.

You can be both! Most of the professors in the social sciences and humanities are.

IMO, both. Probably a student who is a Communist. I was smelling a rat with the first post, but decided to be nice, and optimistic. Wow, the true colors came out fast.
Dear God .... we are doomed.

View attachment 732717

Pictured Above is Jessica Watkins who is a so-called insurrectionist. So she is going to take our country over? So that’s it, those are the big bad wolf? We’re supposed to be scared of them? Come on now looks more like she and her cohorts had some mental issues. Appears that some of these “insurrectionists” couldn’t handle a job at McDonald’s let alone take over a country.

This can’t be reality right folks. I would hope that we could all see that the idea that these few dozen people had any sort of an ability to overturn the election is fraudulent. Bc in order to overtake a country one needs tanks and jets, A military. The idea that these “oath keepers “were somehow capable of overthrowing the election is absurd. They are about as much of a threat as the angry old white man who is still racist against blacks…

She faces a 20 year maximum prison sentence that she’s already been convicted guilty of the crime she was charged with. As far as I know she illegally walked into the Capitol building on Jan . I don’t think she attacked anyone. As a Catholic the punishment doesn’t fit the crime. Maybe she should get a few weeks in jail?

What about the BLM rioters burn down the Minnesota police station? That’s a government building it’s the same thing folks it is a official government building. And that was literally burn down. But guess what a January 6 the government building was not burned down. So what’s going on here this is clearly hypocrisy where are the trials for the BLM rioters?

The other end of it was considering some sort of a blanket immunity for BLM rioters and the January 6 rioters. Thinking of a way to bring the country together. Have Donald Trump and Joe Biden shake hands with each other. Seriously it’s about unity it’s about common sense the most violent offenders where the BLM rioters or January 6 rioters who are for example in fist fights with cops violently attacking people they should go to jail for more than a year but simply entering a government building illegally that does not warrant a 20 year prison sentence.
Can you mention one January 6th defendant who was sentenced to 20 years in jail?

Hmmm... don't you know the origin of your screen name, Circe? (Or maybe you don't like my sense of humor, which admittedly is not for everyone.)
Anyway, the story of Circe, for those who missed their Greek mythology class:

[ Circe - Wikipedia ]

As for being 'fake', I assume you mean I'm really a secret Leftist and am trying to persuade conservatives to do stupid things, or to refrain from doing smarts.

Or to try to split the conservative movement in various ways? This is an police/FBI tactic, by the way. It's call "hanging a snitch jacket" on someone. You spread rumors that your target is actually a police informer. Watch out for people doing this. Paranoia has always been a problem on the Right.
I did not need a Greek mythology class, I got it from the source. Circe did not change "enemies" into "animals," she changed MEN into PIGS. This was of course irresistible.

Yes, you correctly interpreted the word "fake" there. And the police/FBI idea did occur to me: get me to join a heavily infiltrated group, see how quickly I can be arrested and imprisoned. No, thanx.

There may be hope for you yet, my hope, that is --- you referred with praise to Victor Davis Hanson, and I would agree with that. Though why he has to go analogizing after the Byzantines when he's got the Fall of Rome, I don't know, except that there are so many books of the "Are We Rome" persuasion these days. And of course, he's more into the Greeks. You seem to be rather emphasizing the Greeks too, I see.

One protested over getting their rights violated with the government consent, and the other rioted over the lies of a poor loser.

It's not the same.

Someone will try and spin this but it will make no difference.
It is the same

The BLM protestors were privileged idiots protesting over lies

That is not spin

They declared a given area of the city to be under their control, and the local government let them do it for months. Police couldn't enter. normal people were subject to the whims of the occupiers.

An actual insurrection.
And they were not arrested?

Most of the people imprisoned right now over Jan. 6 weren't even Oathkeepers. They just happened to have been there. The Biden administration is sending a clear message to everyone: "Don't you dare question the fact that we stole the 2020 election."
The courts sent the same message to the trolls filing lawsuit claiming fraud.

They took control of government functions in that area.

You are arguing semantics, not facts.

And just because the local government were pussies didn't mean it wasn't an insurrection.
You made that up, and that why you have no link. The source is basically yourself. A nickname in a message board.

Not many of them, and those arrested are probably back out on the street right now.

They committed the "proper" political crime in an accommodating jurisdiction.
Are you sure "police couldn't enter" do you have a link? And what area of Minneapolis are you talking about? Are you even talking about Minneapolis? I want links, not statements in a message board.

You made that up, and that why you have no link. The source is basically yourself. A nickname in a message board.

That's what happened. I don't need to provide a link for it, it's reality and is documented. GIYF.

Are you sure "police couldn't enter" do you have a link? And what area of Minneapolis are you talking about? Are you even talking about Minneapolis? I want links, not statements in a message board.

GIFY.

1. Look up CHAZ/CHOP
2. Read about it.
3. Put a shotgun up your ass and pull the trigger
4. The world is a better place.

Forum List

Back