How Lame Do You Have To Be

to be offended by earth day?

i say very.

discuss
Indifferent. Just like I am for religious holidays and the like.

If someone is outright offended by ED or any of the religious holidays, they really need to get a life and a reality check.

By the way, earth day and erectile dysfunction have the same acronym.

Carry on, sweet Jillie!:eusa_drool:

indifference i understand. that's fine.

but loons talking about "commie" links with the day and ranting and raving about it.... not so much.

and figures you'd pick up on the acronym. *sigh*
We gotta get our chuckles where we find them hunnee!:lol:

Way I see it, if we have a bunch of professional offense takers for religious occasions.... where those of us who follow a faith are supposed to 'hide' our festivals..... I am entitled to be 'offended' by dumbassed politically correct bullshit like their 'Earth Day'.

Frankly, I couldn't give a shit about Earth Day.... except it gives me a chance to pretend to be offended, just like atheists are with our festivals. Therefore......

They can keep their 'Earth Day' to themselves. Fuck 'em.
This is true of militant Atheists. Not true for the more moderate ones such as myself.

The militant Atheist really isn't an Atheist, because he/she is offended or feels threatened by religion, most specifically, christian religion. Mostly, they are simply anti-christian bigots cloaking themselves in the Atheist label. There is a level of belief within themselves, whether they know it or not, otherwise there would be no offense taken or no threat perceived.

Same way with Agnostics - they are really the true believers. They have what christians call "fear of God" because they refuse to say god doesn't exist, they wait for proof. Ostensibly, so that when "judgement day" comes they can try to cop a plea. Ultimate cowards, both.

Way I see it, if we have a bunch of professional offense takers for religious occasions.... where those of us who follow a faith are supposed to 'hide' our festivals..... I am entitled to be 'offended' by dumbassed politically correct bullshit like their 'Earth Day'.

Frankly, I couldn't give a shit about Earth Day.... except it gives me a chance to pretend to be offended, just like atheists are with our festivals. Therefore......

They can keep their 'Earth Day' to themselves. Fuck 'em.

Well there's your answer...........about as lame as CG.

So, if you're a right wing Christian, you should hate Earth Day?

Wait, I'm a 'left wing' Christian, and I believe in teaching our children how to take care of Earth's resources, not just on one day, but every day.

Why do the Loons hate Mother Earth? :confused:

Well, in all fairness . . earth day did spawn

THE WALLABY SHOE

kickers-exclusive-to-barratts-kickers-lace-up-wallaby-shoe.jpg

I can understand why folks would be offended by them. Srsly offended.

Wait, I'm a 'left wing' Christian, and I believe in teaching our children how to take care of Earth's resources, not just on one day, but every day.

Because the earth exists and there is some doubt about God.

Well, in all fairness . . earth day did spawn

THE WALLABY SHOE

kickers-exclusive-to-barratts-kickers-lace-up-wallaby-shoe.jpg

I can understand why folks would be offended by them. Srsly offended.

I've been TRYING and TRYING to get del a pair.

But sadly, he won't give up his socks and sandals combo. :(

Maybe we should re-name it BP Day and use it to celebrate the destruction of our environment by multi-national corporations.

:cool:

Yes, multi-national corporations that supported Obama. Obama received the largest portion of BPs $3.5 million dollars contributed to political candidates.

Which is why it was apparently Obama's regulators that looked the other way and allowed some less than appropriate violations when that particular bad well was drilled? I don't know that was the case but it was on Obama's watch.

I have no problem with Earth Day being used to focus on the wonders of our amazing planet and appreciation and appropriate protections of the aesthetic beauty and welfare of all living things on it. And I have participated in a number of Earth Day observances for that purpose.

I have a big problem with it being used to further dubious at best and criminal at worst sociopolitical agenda that does little to protect the aesthetic beauty and welfare of the Earth but does a whole lot to feather the nests of politicians, bureaucrats, and other opportunists.

The date they chose to celebrate it was unfortunate however.

I have a big problem with it being used to further dubious at best and criminal at worst sociopolitical agenda that does little to protect the aesthetic beauty and welfare of the Earth but does a whole lot to feather the nests of politicians, bureaucrats, and other opportunists.

The date that they chose 22 April was not a coincidence. :doubt:

V.I. Lenin's birfday!

How lame to you have to be to celebrate Earth Day in the first place?

i'm sure you have credible proof of that, huh?

Anyone who's been paying attention understands that GREEN IS THE NEW RED, hun.

Because the earth exists and there is some doubt about God.
Wrong. There is NO doubt about god, or any of the other dieties or related characters. They exist. Exactly like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Captian Kirk, or any other fictional character you can name. They are all creations of man, by man and for man. ALL created in man's own image, not the other way around.

If Superman had been written 5,000 years ago, Kal-El would be a God. And so on.

Forum List

Back