How is government in way of Business??

Let me get this straight OddBall, you want the FDA gone and people to be making pharmaceuticals in their garage? Is that seriously what you want?

And don't even get me started with things like the ADA, licensing and permit shakedowns, silly environmental regs that do little to nothing, etcetera.

HAH!!! I attempted to replace a six-foot privacy fence at one of my rentals (fence had been there since 1965)... I get a "Cease and Desist" order form Jefferson Parish for no permit, I pay a $300 no permit fine, am told to bring in survey, go to Mortgages and Conveyances and get original survey, am now told I need new survey ($600), go back to zoning, and now told I need variances, wait a month for that, now I have to pay a permit fee ($30), put up a placard, put up the fence, call in an inspector...

There's your government at work.

I have listed many ways government regs and taxation have destroyed jobs.

Too bad all of them are bullshit. Right now corporations are sitting on over a trillion dollars. How is government stopping them from hiring workers?

Let me get this straight OddBall, you want the FDA gone and people to be making pharmaceuticals in their garage? Is that seriously what you want?

Is everything either black or white with you? Either the FDA issues numerous regulations that stifle promising drugs or people are whipping up crank cures in their garage? Either OSHA is issuing absurd, contradictory and expensive regulations or people are dying in coal mines.
There is a middle path, ya know.

Sorry but you are skating dangerously close to iggy here for your inability to answer questions and debate appropriately.

I get a "Cease and Desist" order form Jefferson Parish

You mean the local government is fucking you over? Then why do you advocate more power to the locals? You should have gotten a permit you moron.

I have listed many ways government regs and taxation have destroyed jobs.

Too bad all of them are bullshit. Right now corporations are sitting on over a trillion dollars. How is government stopping them from hiring workers?

Not one of them is "bullshit." The fact that corporations are sitting on large sums of money supports the idea that government is hindering investment and job creation. Or do you think companies like having large amounts of cash earning .01%?

FDA issues numerous regulations that stifle promising drugs

Name one promising drug stopped by FDA. Just one.

The fact that corporations are sitting on large sums of money supports the idea that government is hindering investment and job creation.

How? What specifically is the government doing that is stopping the corps from hiring?

I get a "Cease and Desist" order form Jefferson Parish

You mean the local government is fucking you over? Then why do you advocate more power to the locals? You should have gotten a permit you moron.

The point you pinhead... is why the hell do you need a permit to put up a fence? Oh, yeah, I know.... $30.

Not to mention it was new ordinance slipped in post Katrina to make money since damn near everybody's fence was blown down.. You are indeed a Nut.

Last edited:
The fact that corporations are sitting on large sums of money supports the idea that government is hindering investment and job creation.

How? What specifically is the government doing that is stopping the corps from hiring?

Already answered.

I see the list. Now, tell me why those drugs were stopped.

tick tock
tick tock

go and spew out about Thalidomide

Why was that drug eventually banned? Same reason?

why the hell do you need a permit to put up a fence?

Cause the townspeople voted for that rule, duh.

Youre so fucking predictable.

Guilty. When faced with mindlessness, I'm gonna illuminate the truth, every fucking time.

why the hell do you need a permit to put up a fence?

Cause the townspeople voted for that rule, duh.

Uh.. no.. they didn't. It was slipped in by the Parish Council and approved by same so as to exrtact fees from the 50,000 or so people that needed to put up new fences.

See above post where I explained that... focus please.

And how many people die each year from FDA approved drugs?

Far less people die from legal drugs than would if there were no FDA. Not to mention people who would die from bad food.

Do you deny it?

It was slipped in by the Parish Council

Parishes are even smaller than municipalities. The locals voted. That's why the rule is there. You should have just gotten a permit moron.

Forum List

Back