How fast will crime decrease in Zimmerman's neighborhood if he's acquitted?

If you were a criminal, would you enter Zimmerman's neighborhood if he's acquitted?

• Hell No!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Only with a gang of 50 men.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would seek him out!

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Actually, now that you mention it.

The Salem Witch Trails do sound a lot like your "civilian police force" in action.

Most "witch trials" were nullifed by juries, try again.

Most "witches" were convicted under Authoritarian regimes. Confessions reached by torture. Like the Obama regime. Imagine if they had Snowden ... Gitmo fun time!

I bet you support the Snowden witch hunt...

Last edited:

The Salem Witch Trails do sound a lot like your "civilian police force" in action.

Most "witches" were convicted under Authoritarian regimes. Confessions reached by torture. Like the Obama regime. Imagine if they had Snowden ... Gitmo fun time!

The problem that you're not understanding is that there is nothing to stop a "civilian police force" from becoming an "Authoritarian regime" itself.

All "Authoritarian regimes" start with "The People".

I bet you support the Snowden witch hunt...

There is no "Snowden witch hunt". There's the entirely predictable, somewhat halfhearted attempt to arrest a very public criminal.

A "witch hunt" is something else entirely.

The problem that you're not understanding is that there is nothing to stop a "civilian police force" from becoming an "Authoritarian regime" itself.

There's the Guarantee Clause in the United States Constitution. The idea is that the federal or State governments would organize to put down a local tyranny.

http://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/4/essays/128/guarantee-clause

This is also expressed in the federalist papers.

------------------
When the federal or state government is benign (thus small and limited) and beneficial to the people, protecting their liberties, local tyrannies can never escalate to physical force against their own people. The problem today is that our federal government empowers local tyrannies (drug gangs) and even arms them (Fast and Furious).

Thank you for admitting our Federal Government is criminal and would never uphold the Guarantee Clause.

Last edited:
He broke all the tenets of true Neighborhood Watch programs: don't get out of your car, don't follow any suspects or confront them--let the cops do that, don't carry a gun.

He wasn't a guy defending his neighborhood, he was a vigilante and wanna be cop, wanna be hero. He reminds me of Barney Fife, but instead of being a harmless joke, he is lethal.

He broke all the tenets of true Neighborhood Watch programs: don't get out of your car, don't follow any suspects or confront them--let the cops do that, don't carry a gun.

He wasn't a guy defending his neighborhood, he was a vigilante and wanna be cop, wanna be hero. He reminds me of Barney Fife, but instead of being a harmless joke, he is lethal.

The only mistake he made was exiting his car. However, exiting your car is not a crime.

You're allowed to carry a gun in the United States, it says we have the right to keep and bear arms.

There's the Guarantee Clause in the United States Constitution. The idea is that the federal or State governments would organize to put down a local tyranny.

Guide to the Constitution

This is also expressed in the federalist papers.

------------------
When the federal or state government is benign (thus small and limited) and beneficial to the people, protecting their liberties, local tyrannies can never escalate to physical force against their own people. The problem today is that our federal government empowers local tyrannies (drug gangs) and even arms them (Fast and Furious).

Quotes from the Constitution and Federalist Papers can't change facts of human nature.

We have the government that We The People built. This is the natural evolution (or corruption) of the government defined in the Constitution. It's a testament to that system that we're not worse off than we are.

What's the difference between a "civilian police force" and a lynch mob?

What's the difference between a "civilian police force" and a lynch mob?

Here comes the race card again.

Fact: The Southern KKK Democrat governments allowed those lynch mobs to proceed with hindrance.

Opelousas Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The KKK would be yet another example of a "civilian police force".

No, the atrocities of the KKK is the result of Democrats disarming blacks, so they couldn't fight back.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nckgyfGbdnU]No Guns for Negroes Part One - YouTube[/ame]

When are you ever going to post links, videos or documents to support your claims?

Here comes the race card again.

Fact: The Southern KKK Democrat governments allowed those lynch mobs to proceed with hindrance.

Opelousas Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The KKK would be yet another example of a "civilian police force".

No, the atrocities of the KKK is the result of Democrats disarming blacks, so they couldn't fight back.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nckgyfGbdnU]No Guns for Negroes Part One - YouTube[/ame]

When are you ever going to post links, videos or documents to support your claims?

So tell me. What is the difference?

What makes your hypothetical civilian police force different from the KKK, or the Brownshirts?

What's to stop the "volunteer civilian police force" from deciding to confiscate guns?

What's to stop the government from confiscating them either?

It's would be impossible for 1000+ local citizen police forces to simultaneously seize the weapons of all Americans.

However, it is very likely that the federal government will size all American firearms in one period of time (or at least try).

DECENTRALIZED POWER prevents WIDESPREAD TYRANNY.

When the powers are properly decentralized, the Guarantee Clause can be upheld and end those local tyrannies.

The Guarantee Clause is an absurdity when power is massively concentrated within the federal government.

Now are we going to keep going in circles?

Btw, good night.

(The only thing you've done is admitted he Federal Government is criminal and tyrannical, because it would allow local tyrannies to oppress the citizens of the United States, good job!)

Last edited:

The only mistake he made was exiting his car. However, exiting your car is not a crime.

You're allowed to carry a gun in the United States, it says we have the right to keep and bear arms.

You're right..................it's not against the law to exit your car.

Nor, is it against the law to carry a gun if you meet the requirements for being able to have a weapon.

Zimmerman was able to exit his car (after all, he was sitting in one he owned).

He was also able to draw a weapon (because, after all, this is FL and if you meet the requirements, you can carry a gun).

However...............................after calling 911 and saying that Martin was a "fucking punk" as well as laying out a whole bunch of other racist bullshit, and being told by the 911 operator "we really don't need you to do that" after saying he was going to follow him?

I personally think that Zimmerman should end up in jail for the rest of his life.

Think about it, if you were a criminal, and Zimmerman was acquitted, would you you even think of setting foot in a town where the citizens have organized to defend their town from lawbreakers?

I think this case, if he's acquitted, will be the first step towards the citizenry policing their own towns and neighborhoods, making it near impossible to enforce bogus and unconstitutional laws. Local sovereignty may be in the balance in this very trial.

If Zimmerman is acquitted by an all-white jury, we are going to have a race riot, followed by a federal prosecution that would make Joe Stalin go, "Damn!"

Here's the better question. If guns and jails make us safer, why do we have the highest crime rate in the industrialized world instead of the lowest?

Think about it, if you were a criminal, and Zimmerman was acquitted, would you you even think of setting foot in a town where the citizens have organized to defend their town from lawbreakers?

I think this case, if he's acquitted, will be the first step towards the citizenry policing their own towns and neighborhoods, making it near impossible to enforce bogus and unconstitutional laws. Local sovereignty may be in the balance in this very trial.

If Zimmerman is acquitted by an all-white jury, we are going to have a race riot, followed by a federal prosecution that would make Joe Stalin go, "Damn!"

Here's the better question. If guns and jails make us safer, why do we have the highest crime rate in the industrialized world instead of the lowest?

It's not so much that we have a higher crime rate than the rest of the word, it's just that we have a better system of putting them in jail, which is why we have one of the highest incarceration rates of any country. (Matter of fact, I think that we've passed China a year or two ago).

Kinda sucks when dictatorships aren't as good as the supposed "greatest Democracy" at putting people in jail.

But................then again..........................it's pretty much because of race.

It's not so much that we have a higher crime rate than the rest of the word, it's just that we have a better system of putting them in jail, which is why we have one of the highest incarceration rates of any country. (Matter of fact, I think that we've passed China a year or two ago).

Kinda sucks when dictatorships aren't as good as the supposed "greatest Democracy" at putting people in jail.

But................then again..........................it's pretty much because of race.

I think race is a factor, as is the greatest exercise in human stupidity, the War on Drugs.

But the biggest factor is that we have made prison industries profitable.

I think race is a factor, as is the greatest exercise in human stupidity, the War on Drugs.

But the biggest factor is that we have made prison industries profitable.

Actually, it was the privatization of the prison system.

They make money when they have people there, and they make money when people are convicted.

Sounds like a double dip system to me.

Forum List

Back