How fast will crime decrease in Zimmerman's neighborhood if he's acquitted?

If you were a criminal, would you enter Zimmerman's neighborhood if he's acquitted?

• Hell No!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Only with a gang of 50 men.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would seek him out!

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
I support the 'Stand your ground" laws, and do not consider them to be a license for vigilantism, nor do I think they will lead to that as you suggest.

Any chance you think that serious crime regions, like Chicago, shouldn't have vigilantism? That's there only hope at this point.
I don't follow your logic.

They already HAVE vigilantism. That is what gangs are all about.

I think that the proper prioritization of funds in the Chicago Metro region would be much more effective. Remove a few entitlement spending programs and apply them to serious law enforcement to end the problem.

Target the perpetrators, and yes, that would require profiling, bring the violence down at all costs.

In some ways, a police vigilantism will be required to get that city under control. Once the problem is identified and neutralized, then the citizens can take back their neighborhoods. However, enough resources MUST be applied to ensure that ONLY the perps are targeted and the innocent civilian is left with their Constitutional rights intact.

Priorities...We used to be able to set them in this country.

I support the 'Stand your ground" laws, and do not consider them to be a license for vigilantism, nor do I think they will lead to that as you suggest.

Any chance you think that serious crime regions, like Chicago, shouldn't have vigilantism? That's there only hope at this point.

I think that the proper prioritization of funds in the Chicago Metro region would be much more effective. Remove a few entitlement spending programs and apply them to serious law enforcement to end the problem.

Target the perpetrators, and yes, that would require profiling, bring the violence down at all costs.

In some ways, a police vigilantism will be required to get that city under control. Once the problem is identified and neutralized, then the citizens can take back their neighborhoods. However, enough resources MUST be applied to ensure that ONLY the perps are targeted and the innocent civilian is left with their Constitutional rights intact.

Dude, Chicago is a criminal government, just like the DHS and DoJ and the IRS and NSA and the FBI on the federal level.

We're being run by criminals, why do you think those criminals will "fix themselves."

Citizen police force, just like it was before the Civil War, only way to go.

Dude, Chicago is a criminal government, just like the DHS and DoJ and the IRS and NSA and the FBI on the federal level.

We're being run by criminals, why do you think those criminals will "fix themselves."

Sorry, but I have to disagree. I have no problem with writing Chicago off as a lost cause. But we have citizen police forces now. The problem, as I said, is a failure to prioritize resources.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. I have no problem with writing Chicago off as a lost cause. But we have citizen police forces now. The problem, as I said, is a failure to prioritize resources.

Please tell me where New York or California have citizen police forces. I wasn't aware that there were any volunteer citizen police organizations that aren't agents of the state, and thus biased towards the state.

Please tell me where New York or California have citizen police forces. I wasn't aware that there were any volunteer citizen police organizations that aren't agents of the state, and thus biased towards the state.
Citizen police forces exist in every town. Cops don't come out of some factory in Russia.

Every cop that walks a beat, drives a car, or pushes paperwork IS a citizen. They join from our ranks, and come from US.

Are some corrupt? Yes. Are citizens corrupt? Some of them. You aren't talking about a citizens police force. You are talking about citizen vigilante's working under the guise of some ideology. Well, gangs work under the guise of some ideology too. It does not make them legitimate.

I'm as small government as you can get, but the police forces we have in place now ARE citizen police in the basic sense.

We have citizens that use patrol cars of the police...but on the doors of the cars it says Volunteer Police Patrol. They do not carry firearms. They are eyes and ears for the police department, do reports of what they see during their shift, etc. But they still volunteer. I considered doing it myself some years ago but never did it. Wish I had.

Pretty sure other cities and towns have the same.

A "citizen police force" is perhaps the most frightening thing that could ever happen in this country.

We don't operate by mob rule here.

We do operate by mob rule. We have a police force that busts granny for not paying her car registration, money that pays that fat pensions and triple digit salaries and benefits of the entire prison-industrial complex; at the expense and very high taxes of the serfs.

If its not the police that are operating by mob rule, it's the criminal gangs in the ghetto that enforce mob rule.

I'd rather upstanding law-abiding VOLUNTEER citizens be the "mob-rule."

I'll never understand this point of view.

If you look at "The People" as a set, "The Government" is a sub-set of that. They're not separate sets. "The Government" is made up of "The People".

My faith in groups of people decreases the larger the group is. I trust "The People" less than I trust "The Government".

States don't exist as anything more than groups of people, and everyone has groups of people they are biased towards.

There's no dichotomy between the interests of the state and the interests of the people.

There's no reason to think that a "civilian police force" would be any less corrupt or criminal than the government is.

There's no reason to think that a "civilian police force" would be any less corrupt or criminal than the government is.

Sorry, but I really can't envision a volunteer citizen police force, who are employed in non-police environments, getting together and cracking down on granny to pay her car registration fee, or anything similar to this.

Citizen police forces alone would nullify 99% of the retarded taxes, licenses, fees and registrations that everyone is COERCED to comply with by the PAID police in order to continue PAYING THE POLICE and the rest of the corrupt BIG GOV that spies on you.

Citizen police force restores rule by: THE PEOPLE. The people don't' oppress themselves when they enforce the law.

I guess you would prefer government juries instead of citizen juries too?

Oh wait, we already have that, it's called plea bargains. 1 in 97 Americans behind bars!

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Last edited:
There are so many things wrong with this, it's hard to see where to start.

Sorry, but I really can't envision a volunteer citizen police force, who are employed in non-police environments, getting together and cracking down on granny to pay her car registration fee, or anything similar to this.

This seems to be you complaining about car registration laws, not Police. Because Police don't make the laws, they just enforce them.

Citizen police forces alone would nullify 99% of the retarded taxes, licenses, fees and registrations that everyone is COERCED to comply with by the PAID police in order to continue PAYING THE POLICE and the rest of the corrupt BIG GOV that spies on you.
Again, Police don't write the laws, they enforce them. If your problem is with the law, then your problem is with the writers of the law, not the police.

Citizen police force restores rule by: THE PEOPLE. The people don't' oppress themselves when they enforce the law.

There is no such thing as "THE PEOPLE". There are only people. And people have oppressed each other every single day in the history of humankind.

I guess you would prefer government juries instead of citizen juries too?

I don't have any faith in the jury system anyway. It makes no difference if its a "citizen jury" or a "government jury".

I'm not sure what a "government jury" would be, anyway.

Oh wait, we already have that, it's called plea bargains. 1 in 97 Americans behind bars!

Ok. So what does that have to do with anything?

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Again, what does that have to do with anything?

I'm just concerned about how safe Zimmerman is going to be in prison. He made such bad decisions that terrible day, he really isn't that good at the decision making thing.

This seems to be you complaining about car registration laws, not Police. Because Police don't make the laws, they just enforce them.

Again, Police don't write the laws, they enforce them. If your problem is with the law, then your problem is with the writers of the law, not the police.

There is no such thing as "THE PEOPLE". There are only people. And people have oppressed each other every single day in the history of humankind.

I don't have any faith in the jury system anyway. It makes no difference if its a "citizen jury" or a "government jury".

The point is no citizen police organization would enforce those retarded laws. That's why our forefathers managed to live relatively unencumbered from the 1780's to the 1860's.

Last edited:

The point is no citizen police organization would enforce those retarded laws. That's why our forefathers managed to live relatively unencumbered from the 1780's to the 1860's.

Well, except for the ones "encumbered" by iron collars and shackles...

I've always thought that a good description of the political divide in this country was this:

The Left strives forward, towards an impossible utopian future. The Right strives backwards, towards a impossible utopian past.

Well, except for the ones "encumbered" by iron collars and shackles...

By that logic we should trash the whole Constitution and the entire Enlightenment era.

When in doubt, pull the race card.

I'm not trying to play the race card, I'm trying to point out that your idealized fantasy of the past wasn't quite as perfect as you want it to be.

(and, there is no "logic" in my post that could lead you to "trashing the Constitution and the Enlightenment".)

Forum List

Back