How ‘Equity’ Ideology Plunged South Africa Into Inequality And Chaos

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

How ‘Equity’ Ideology Plunged South Africa Into Inequality And Chaos​

20 Jul @021 ~~ By Rian Malan
Van Wyksdorp, South Africa – As South Africa erupted into chaos, my thoughts turned to the United States — a great country brought low by the same toxic and demented racial politics that set afire my homeland last week.

As I write, shell-shocked South Africans are trying to muster a response to an orgy of arson and looting. Cargo vessels are being turned away from some of our largest harbors, because it’s too dangerous to unload them. Hundreds of thousands face hunger thanks to the destruction of warehouses and disruption of food-supply chains. Tens of thousands of jobs and small businesses have been destroyed; the property damage is incalculable.
Former President Jacob Zuma’s refusal to be held accountable for corruption triggered this mayhem. Rather than face the prospect of imprisonment and disgrace, he seems to have attempted a preemptive coup against his successor.
But this is just part of the picture. The overarching truth is that an idea pushed South Africa to the brink. You guys know this idea, because it animates the sermons of critical race theorists trying to force you to take the knee and atone for your supposed sins. I am going to call it the Beautiful Idea, because it is beautiful in a way — but also dangerous.
The Beautiful Idea holds that all humans are born with identical gifts and should turn out to be clones of one another in a just society. Conversely, any situation in which disparity survives is in itself proof of injustice. This is the line promoted by CRT pundit Ibram X. Kendi, who blames all racial disparities on racist policies.
~Snip~
And so we come to the moral of this story. It’s a warning about the practical consequences of ideas like those propounded by Kendi and CRT superstar Robin DiAngelo, who in the name of “equity” maintains it is racist to talk of work ethic or to expect all workers to show up on time, regardless of race.
It is exactly these values that have brought South Africa to its knees. We created a society where nothing was expected of blacks save “blackness.” Honor and diligence were not demanded of government appointees. Sloth was tolerated. Failures and corruption went unpunished. Blind pursuit of equity began to achieve its opposite: a staggering equality gap among blacks themselves, with a fortunate few benefitting hugely and the masses sinking into abject misery.
~Snip~
Which brings us to the slender silver lining in this dark story. Many black South Africans who oppose this lawlessness were out in force last week, manning roadblocks to keep the mobs away from their homes and businesses.
I can hear their voices on the radio, clamoring for change. By the sound of it, they want a country where human outcomes are determined by the content of one’s character, not by pigmentation or friends in the ruling party. Martin Luther King would appreciate their message. Kendi & Co. wouldn’t.

Comment:
South Africa has all the ingredients for total collapse - a massive and unsustainable welfare state, run by a corrupt one-party, Marxist system, being stripped by its cronies. Meanwhile, along with entitlement, they spread an ideology of victimhood and hate among the black population. As the economy crumbles, the resentment will grow. No one will be safe.
With all that is going on in this country and the situations in Cuba and Haiti, few are paying any attention to the situation across the world in South Africa, literally in another hemisphere, whether you look at East/West or North/South. But the situation there has relevance for our situation today, and this article is a good discussion of the path they took and Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Commies are taking in America.

The problem with Marxism, beside for sentencing its followers to perpetual poverty and violence, is that once it takes hold it becomes irreversible and terminal. There is no form of workable equity except in the empty minds of Democrats.

A lot of people realized that things would go south once the majority took over.

But, of course, they wisely kept their mouth shut.

Some situations are hopeless.

But it is too hurtful to admit such a fact.

A lot of people realized that things would go south once the majority took over.

IT only went south for the white people, and not by much because it wasn't like they drove them all out like they did in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe.

Black folks were living in squalor in SA before they toppled Apartheid. . They are actually better off now.

IT only went south for the white people, and not by much because it wasn't like they drove them all out like they did in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe.

Black folks were living in squalor in SA before they toppled Apartheid. . They are actually better off now.

Wait, don't tell me: Your news media sources aren't telling you what's really happening in SA, right?

Honestly. The only thing I can do is LMFAO. What else can I do?

The poor are better off in SF too, now that they can steal with impunity. But I wouldn't call that a success.

Wait, don't tell me: Your news media sources aren't telling you what's really happening in SA, right?
I'm sure whatever is going on isn't as hysterical as your side makes it out to be.

What corruption. Give me the info or shut your shit hole you annoying gnat.
Hey, did you hear the guy who organized Trump's innaguration just got indicted?

The poor are better off in SF too, now that they can steal with impunity. But I wouldn't call that a success.

SF has been a terrifying place to wingnuts ever since it became a Gay mecca in the 70's.

This is dumb racist bullshit.

Equity in South Africa means that whites never colonized the country.

Forum List

Back