How does your local public school district compare to Pittsburgh's?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

Most teachers earned between $90,000 and $110,000​

The district employed around 1,850 K-12 teachers in 2021:
  • 86% of the teachers were white
  • 70% were identified as female
  • 62% earned between $90,000 and $120,000 per year.
The students in the district are 69% students of color and predominantly low income.

Most teachers (58%) had been with the district since at least 2010. According to the union-negotiated pay schedule, it takes about 11 years to start earning the maximum base salary ($99,000).

Parenthetical: If I can "identify" as a gender different from the one assigned to me a birth, why can't I "identify" as a different race? I have much more similarity to an Inuit Man than I do to a "white" woman.

Most teachers earned between $90,000 and $110,000​

The district employed around 1,850 K-12 teachers in 2021:
  • 86% of the teachers were white
  • 70% were identified as female
  • 62% earned between $90,000 and $120,000 per year.
The students in the district are 69% students of color and predominantly low income.

Most teachers (58%) had been with the district since at least 2010. According to the union-negotiated pay schedule, it takes about 11 years to start earning the maximum base salary ($99,000).

Parenthetical: If I can "identify" as a gender different from the one assigned to me a birth, why can't I "identify" as a different race? I have much more similarity to an Inuit Man than I do to a "white" woman.
Any parent who would let their kid be in a State Goobermint reedumacation kamp, is a bad parent and very abusive

NJ
Monmouth County

We pay our teachers well and have some of the finest schools in the country

There is no correlation between "high quality" and "teachers' wages".

When I was in school, we constantly had better test scores, better discipline and better sports teams than the local government school district, in spite of the fact that our teachers weren't paid.

There is no correlation between "high quality" and "teachers' wages".

When I was in school, we constantly had better test scores, better discipline and better sports teams than the local government school district, in spite of the fact that our teachers weren't paid.
There is a definite correlation
You get what you pay for
If you don’t pay teachers good wages, they take jobs in other fields that do

Last edited:
Any parent that would post shit like this doesn't know anything about public schools, is a bad parent and abusive.
Admiral sir. I'm not talking about public skewls in your prime teaching yrs. I'm talking about this shit for the last 15 yrs or so

Even the Catholic skewls now are awokening with this bullshit

On the issue of compensation vs. quality of teachers, my own school district, which is about 10-15% higher than Pittsburgh, typically has at least fifty times more applicants than openings for teachers - often a hundred times more.

I frankly don't know how they evaluate those resumes, but it stands to reason that this District can be very selective about whom it hires.

Forum List

Back