How does Obama get away with saying overt lies about everyday life?

I love it when people think their personal anecdotes somehow trump actual data.

Foreclosure rates are down almost 50% from last year.

Yeah, that rates might be down, but the total amount of foreclosed and abandoned homes has grown. Even while the rate decreases, the total amount still accumulates of the years.

So what's your point?

Sure, the curve counting foreclosed homes is concave down, but it's still increasing.

square_root_graph_1.gif

See that curve Goebbels, it's still increasing.

Prove it.

Show me actual data about abandoned houses in the US, not your anecdotes about your neighborhood.

You've huffed just about enough spray paint for one day.

It's called Anecdotal evidence genius, and has no place in any debate that people should take seriously. It's faulty at best.

Somewhat true but you also have to realize that the information that has been cherry picked to force the intended message is NOT going to cover up the empirical evidence that people are living each and every day. You can demand that inflation has not skyrocketed, show graph after graph proving your point BUT the average American is not going to take that shit for anything when they look at their grocery bill each and every month and see that it is twice what it used to be a decade ago.

YOU might not like what he is stating but the reality is there and it must be dealt with. This was never a debate about data sheets and spreadsheet tables – the OP clearly outlined that it was about his empirical experiences. If you didn’t want a discussion in that area then you should not have bothered to post here.

You've huffed just about enough spray paint for one day.

It's called Anecdotal evidence genius, and has no place in any debate that people should take seriously. It's faulty at best.

Somewhat true but you also have to realize that the information that has been cherry picked to force the intended message is NOT going to cover up the empirical evidence that people are living each and every day. You can demand that inflation has not skyrocketed, show graph after graph proving your point BUT the average American is not going to take that shit for anything when they look at their grocery bill each and every month and see that it is twice what it used to be a decade ago.

YOU might not like what he is stating but the reality is there and it must be dealt with. This was never a debate about data sheets and spreadsheet tables – the OP clearly outlined that it was about his empirical experiences. If you didn’t want a discussion in that area then you should not have bothered to post here.

Actually, this thread is about how the OP's personal anecdotal evidence is somehow more valid than actual data.

The main focus of the OP is that he claims foreclosures and abandoned homes are getting worse. That is empirically false - both foreclosures and home vacancy rates are lower than they've been for almost a decade.

When all properties with arrears on mortgage payments have been foreclosed the rate will drop to zero.

But, y'know, that might provide some very nice buying opportunities for those who were prudent to save a bit.

Are there any homes LEFT to foreclose at this point? :dunno:

You are aware that foreclosed homes are re-sold, right?

They don't disappear.

Correct.

Some actually are re-sold and present good buying potential.

Some are wrecked by those from whom they were taken and are beyond economical repair.

Some are burned down by vandals.

The point is that it is not impossible that one day all of the homes on which mortgages have been defaulted upon will have been foreclosed and none will remain in the hands of deadbeats.

Lack of understanding of this basic concept suggests a personality that may already be in default or default waiting to happen. Then foreclosure.

Obama cites a bunch of manufactured statistics about the economy and says it's getting better...

Yet, anyone who leaves their house, has 5+ friends, and look around their neighborhood, knows that there are More foreclosed houses on their block and there are more personal friends and family than ever that are unemployed, many of which have to bunk up in the same house with one another to make ends meet.

Obama cites and brags about making "Student Loans" better since he took office, yet we have RECORD number of college kids graduating with degrees, in very high debt and not able to get a job. And all you have to do is talk to your relatives and friends to discover this simple truth.

And really, just drive down your god damn block, are there more or less houses being foreclosed upon than 2008?

Hey, how about you healthcare premiums that skyrocketed LOLOLOLOLOL

In your neighborhood. In mine, they are building houses hand over fist, and selling time is less than 90 days for most.

Obama cites a bunch of manufactured statistics about the economy and says it's getting better...

Yet, anyone who leaves their house, has 5+ friends, and look around their neighborhood, knows that there are More foreclosed houses on their block and there are more personal friends and family than ever that are unemployed, many of which have to bunk up in the same house with one another to make ends meet.

Obama cites and brags about making "Student Loans" better since he took office, yet we have RECORD number of college kids graduating with degrees, in very high debt and not able to get a job. And all you have to do is talk to your relatives and friends to discover this simple truth.

And really, just drive down your god damn block, are there more or less houses being foreclosed upon than 2008?

Whoa you cited so many facts and links its going to take everyone a minute to....nope bullshit

Obama cites and brags about making "Student Loans" better since he took office, yet we have RECORD number of college kids graduating with degrees, in very high be,t and not able to get a job. And all you have to do is talk to your relatives and friends to discover this simple truth.

You are confusing national trends with "in my neighborhood". If you are a conservative, your local area is crap. Democratic states are floating you.

Nobody is floating Texas dumb ass.

By God, you are correct about that. Abysmal air pollution, very low educational level, lowest percentage of people with health care in the nation, ect.

I love when people try to suggest any data coming from, or slightly associated with the administration is worth the paper it is printed on or the bandwidth it occupies.
I know someone who could whip you up a chart and news article on a website with 5 million hits per day ... That says a nuclear war happened yesterday, if you paid him enough money.

Last edited:
You are confusing national trends with "in my neighborhood". If you are a conservative, your local area is crap. Democratic states are floating you.

In live in New York, in the most populated suburban region in the Northern Hemisphere (Long Island). When I drive from Port Jefferson to New York City, I pass by millions of homes, tens of thousands of businesses and many colleges and school districts.

Try again.

I have both the curse and privilege of being witness to America's downfall, with the destruction of the middle class --- and that middle class dominates the suburbs of America.

And not only do I have that privilege, but so do the other 7.4 million legal residents of Long Island, and the additional 2.8 million illegal residents that are displacing us.

Bring all the lemmings you want, deliver whatever snide and snark remarks you wish, spew all the manufactured statistics you can count, and puke all the propaganda that you swallow.
ALL WE NEED TO DO IS LOOK OUT OUR FUCKING WINDOWS
The Right even lie when they spew their anecdotal bullshit!

6.3% of LI homes with mortgages in foreclosure - Newsday

Long Island's share of homes in foreclosure fell last month.
Of all local homes with mortgages, 6.3 percent were in foreclosure in December, down 0.5 percentage points from a year before, according to a report released Wednesday by Core-Logic, a real estate data firm in Irvine, Calif.

1. The economy is functioning well below its potential. Corporations, who are sitting on historic levels of cash, lack consumers. Obama is wrong to characterize poor growth as a recovery - so I agree with the OP.

2. Where did all the consumers go? In the 80s (through trade liberalization) we made it much easier for our capitalists to shift production to freedom hating nations like China where they benefited from ultra cheap labor costs. This boosted the profits and portfolios of one group of Americans, but it lowered the wages and benefits of another group, namely American workers who have seen their great postwar manufacturing jobs (with high wages and benefits) get replaced by the Reaganized, low-wage Walmart jobs. To make up for lost wages and lost jobs, we financialized the economy and made it easier for poor people to borrow money. In short, we spent 30 years fueling consumption with credit (debt). Now consumer debt has finally destroyed the purchasing power of too many consumers. The housing bubble, which was fueled by the largest Wall Street Ponzi scheme in history, took too many consumers out of an economy that was hanging on by a thread.

3. To make matters worse. Every president before Obama kept funding open to the states during recessionary cycles, so they didn't have to layoff teachers, cops, firemen, constructions crews and any number of administrative jobs. All these workers were also consumers whose purchasing power helped prevent main street from having to layoff workers. In fact, the great Libertarian Reagan added more government jobs during his first recession than any president since FDR. Reagan preached a good game about small government, but he was a very shrewd man, and he understood full well that the government needed to boost spending during recessions, and then withdraw that spending once the engine started up again. The sequester has forced Obama to cut off aid to the states, leading to massive layoffs, which itself translates into far less consumer spending. This almost makes me want to vote Republican in the next election. Because when a Republican is in office, they don't layoff federal workers or cut off aid to the states when the economy needs consumers. Government has always subsidized the supply and demand side.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back