How Do You View The Tea Party Movement

1)they argued for tax cuts and we got tax cuts
We did?

Where? When?

You mean the little extra 20 bucks a week? That wasn't a tax cut, it was a deferment, a change in your withholding. You still owe the same amount April 15 because the tax tables weren't changed.

The "Obama tax cut" is a LIE.

I am worried that if the Tea Party decides to have a candidate of their own, it will split the conservative ticket, giving The Anointed One, another win. I think the Democrats are counting on it. They DO know how to campaign.
Obama will get re-elected in 2012. Only way he might not is if Hillary runs against him and he loses the Dem nomination.

There's nobody else alive that could beat him. I think most people know that.

How do I view the tea party movement?

The same way I veiw any movement.

Americans expressing their right to free speech and ones that are chastised by those that disagree with them and herladed by those that agree with them.

Sadly, however, the tea party movement was chosen as a movement that the media decised to display their bias with.

And in time, it will deter people from expressing their opinion publicly.

And then what do we have?

We did?

Where? When?

You mean the little extra 20 bucks a week? That wasn't a tax cut, it was a deferment, a change in your withholding. You still owe the same amount April 15 because the tax tables weren't changed.

Tell that to DiamindDave! He says the number of non income tax payers increased because Obama cut taxes. :lol:

Obama has more of the tax base being paid by less of the people.. more than any time in history

They'd have a lot better chance of getting their message across if their spokespeople weren't a bunch of blowhards, buffoons, and bullshit artists.

How many tea party gatherings have you been to? My guess is zero.

When events and speakers at the events are televised and promoted by foxnews who airs them repeatedly you don't need to go to an event to hear what their speakers are saying.

My view of the tea party is that a portion of them are radicals, racists and similar, a portion of them are out right liars who are there to lie to the group and spread misinformation that was spewed by their rightwing talking heads, while a majority of them are more than likely well intentioned people who have been misinformed and are gullible enough to continue to go back to the well and get more bad info from the same people who misinformed them the first time around.

I just think it's hilarious that back when lefites tried to protest a president the only thing foxnews could say about the protesters was negative and look how far they have come. Now they go to and promote events and even present their shows from events as they provide entertainers to help increase crowd size.

It's funny how what conservatives used to think was unpatriotic or unconstitutional/constitutional is now patriotic or constitutional/unconstitutional.

I am not a right winger, but I do see the Tea Party, or what I like to call "the right wing revolution", as a threat to the Republican party itself!!

Do I agree with the tea party? I do not know. All I know is the following.

2) they argued against health care and we got health care
3)They argued against Stimulus and we got stimulus
4)They argued against TARP and we got TARP

One out of four means they are not effective. This tends to suggest they will not be effective once they gain office! I do not want to give them the chance.

What planet do you live on?

The spending bill was passed in February '09 and TARP was created before Bush left office.

The first Tea Parties were in large part in response to those actions.

Obamacare was forced through Congress using every sleazy trick imaginable.

Ask Stupak if he thinks the Tea Party movement is ineffective. They ended his career.

LOL hey, just curious but can you tell me how the senate healthcare bill passed through the house??

Seems to me that the senate healthcare bill passed on a straight up or down vote in the senate and then was passed by the same means in the house. So how is passing a bill on a straight up or down vote sleazy??

Yes there were the changes that were passed through reconciliation but then that has been used by republicans in the past so how is that sleazy??

How did the tea party end stupak's career?? I know they claim it was their doing but how??

I am not a right winger, but I do see the Tea Party, or what I like to call "the right wing revolution", as a threat to the Republican party itself!!

One out of four means they are not effective. This tends to suggest they will not be effective once they gain office! I do not want to give them the chance.
You seem to forget that the big government stooges have huge majorities, all the protesting in the world could not stop the last three on that list, as the Democratic party decreed it was the agenda and the foot soldiers went along with it.

Trying to say that is a failure of protestors just can't be considered realistic.

Then where did the Tea Party succeed? In organizing rallies? In gatering prominent right wing speakers to speak at their functions?

The only agenda the Tea Party served is to rile up demoralized Right wingers for the coming election.

I wonder what the right is going to do next if this bunch of Republicans go back to their "Big Spending Ways" that suppose to be the source of the Tea Party's outrage?

Don't worry. I can wait.

You seem to forget that the big government stooges have huge majorities, all the protesting in the world could not stop the last three on that list, as the Democratic party decreed it was the agenda and the foot soldiers went along with it.

Trying to say that is a failure of protestors just can't be considered realistic.

Then where did the Tea Party succeed? In organizing rallies? In gatering prominent right wing speakers to speak at their functions?

The only agenda the Tea Party served is to rile up demoralized Right wingers for the coming election.

I wonder what the right is going to do next if this bunch of Republicans go back to their "Big Spending Ways" that suppose to be the source of the Tea Party's outrage?

Don't worry. I can wait.

Invade Iran.

I think this video sums up what the teabaggers are afraid of.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4v_yRFf4-Y]YouTube - Birth of a Nation Clip 5[/ame]

Don't worry. I can wait.
They will be as silent as they were when Reagan and Bush ran up deficits stealing from future generations. They only care about debt when Clinton and Obama win.

We did?

Where? When?

Tell that to DiamindDave! He says the number of non income tax payers increased because Obama cut taxes. :lol:

Obama has more of the tax base being paid by less of the people.. more than any time in history

Trying to get caught in another lie, ed?? I've nailed you more times today than a drunken prom date

I never said such a thing.... I said there has been a severe increase in the number of non tax payers under Obama... truth... More of the tax base is being paid by less people than before... I also said that Obama stands for increasing taxes on a select group, reducing taxes on another, and promoting unequal treatment in government on taxation in a more severe scale

I told you to quit your lying, because I will nail you on it every time I see it, you douchebag

We did?

Where? When?

Trying to get caught in another lie, ed?? I've nailed you more times today than a drunken prom date

I never said such a thing.... I said there has been a severe increase in the number of non tax payers under Obama... truth... More of the tax base is being paid by less people than before... I also said that Obama stands for increasing taxes on a select group, reducing taxes on another, and promoting unequal treatment in government on taxation in a more severe scale

I told you to quit your lying, because I will nail you on it every time I see it, you douchebag
Pay attention DD, I'm merely pointing out you and MM can't BOTH be telling the truth.
I'll leave it to the two of you to fight it out about which of you is the liar. :lol:

How do I view the tea party movement?

The same way I veiw any movement.

Americans expressing their right to free speech and ones that are chastised by those that disagree with them and herladed by those that agree with them.

Sadly, however, the tea party movement was chosen as a movement that the media decised to display their bias with.

And in time, it will deter people from expressing their opinion publicly.

And then what do we have?

So whatever negative perception the public has is not the fault of the tea baggers. It's the media. Right??

At what point will they define their roll in what the public thinks and take responsibility for their own actions??? It's always someone else's fault.

Tea Party Profile: Many Ways To Describe A Movement

The number of people who say they're part of the Tea Party Movement nationally has grown to 24%. That's up from 16% a month ago, but the movement still defies easy description. Some on the political left see nothing but hate, while some on the right see a threat to Republican prospects. Others see a grass roots movement that is challenging a corrupt Political Class and trying to save the nation from politicians.

I tend to see it in two ways, in which I have highlighted in bold.

rasmussenreports.com

The tea party consists of democrats, republican and independents--all of us worried about the future of this nation--meaning what 12.4 TRILLION and rising will do to our kids and grandchildren.

We are sick and tired of a big spending--run-a-way federal government with a no limit credit card that has our kids and grandchildrens names on it for re-payment.

I do not know how much simpler I can make the explanation of the tea party movement in this country. Because it is just that simple.

Last edited:

Pay attention DD, I'm merely pointing out you and MM can't BOTH be telling the truth.
I'll leave it to the two of you to fight it out about which of you is the liar. :lol:

No, idiot... once again you try and put words in my mouth and I call you out on it

Just quit the lying and you will have nothing to worry about except your warped leftist ideas

No, idiot... once again you try and put words in my mouth and I call you out on it

Just quit the lying and you will have nothing to worry about except your warped leftist ideas
I don't have to put words in your mouth, you make a fool of yourself on your own.

After lying about Obama tax cuts that CON$ say are a lie and don't exist resulting in the number of non-payers we have now, when it is the Bush tax cuts which DON"T EXPIRE UNTIL THE END OF 2010 and account for the ~50% of non-payers, which means that the number of non-payers through 2010 is due to the inertia of the bush's tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 as well as the 2008 Bush stimulus bill, you just continue to lie, especially about "nailing" anyone when you were the one "nailed."

Face it, until the Bush tax cuts expire he will OWN the number of non-payers which so far have doubled under his tax policies no matter who is president now.

I see it as the only people that actually seem to care that the nation is going broke.
Yeah....their numbers are reeeeaaaalllly swelling!!! :clap2:

532.gif

:rolleyes:

...tea-party = same stooooopid republican fucks who howl at stinking obomba's horrific deficits while sucking cock for their hero reagan's horrific deficit$..

...stfu republicans!..

Increases in the National Debt Chart

(here are some thing$ you've never heard from these phony tea-partiers!...not that these stooooops even know what one 'dollar' is..) ;)

"President Ronald Reagan is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $100 Billion in one year!

President Ronald Reagan is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $200 Billion in one year!

President George H.W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $300 Billion in one year!

President George H.W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $400 Billion in one year!

President George W. Bush is the first President to increase the National Debt by more than $500 Billion in one year!

President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion AGAIN! Almost hits $600 Billion!

President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a THIRD time!

President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a FOURTH time!

President George W. Bush has increased the National Debt by more than $500 Billion a FIFTH time!

"Our National Debt is up Three Trillion Dollars under George W. Bush!"

Last edited:
The Tea Party represents the views of about 25% of the country. They are the same 25% that still thought George Bush was doing a good job, the same 25% that think Palin would make a great President and the same 25% who watch Glenn Beck religiously and believe every word he says.

Problem is that the 25% will force the GOP into unelectable positions while driving moderates to more centrist candidates

Forum List

Back