how do you buy an election.

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
as a truly embarrassed vermonter, i just heard bernie say no billionaires will buy the election. how would they do that. i'm still digesting hillary lost because of comey and facebook. libs want to censor trump on twitter, seriously. now the libs are using twitter.

Trump has gotten them to become the very thing they are supposed to stand against. #splitsecondpolitics.

in the old days people could kite checks, that ended with today's split second banking.

there is no more lag time, only real time. it may explain why the are two completely separate but equal news narratives coming from washington dc.

Buying the Election? - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com › 2012/10/09 › opinion › nocera-buying-the-electi...

Oct 8, 2012 - It instituted a system for presidential elections that combined small contributions from individuals ($1,000 or less), public financing from the ...
People also ask
Can a candidate pay himself a salary?
What is the difference between election and voting?
What is it called when no one runs against you in an election?
How presidential candidates are chosen?

Feedback
Web results
So You Want to Buy an Election? (Flowchart) – Mother Jones

https://www.motherjones.com › 2011/12 › campaign-finance-flow-chart

If you have a ton of cash and a political agenda, it's easier than ever to make powerful friends and influence people. Here's a handy how-to guide to the complex, ...
How Money Affects Elections | FiveThirtyEight

https://fivethirtyeight.com › money-and-elections-a-complicated-love-story

Sep 10, 2018 - Presumably, all that money is going to buy somebody an election. In reality, though, Lauper isn't quite right. Political scientists say there's not a ...

Electoral fraud - Wikipedia

I never thought I would ever come to this conclusion and even as I type I'm sure I could be persuaded to change my opinion but today I am thinking we need to go to public funding of federal elections....all candidates get the same amount of revenue and ad space broadcast and print....mandatory radio and TV network donated time for debates....this monopoly board game style of federal government representation has got to end....add in term limits and we have a fix for what ails the nations politics.....

As in 2016, most voters (who will actually vote) have already made their choice.

It is unlikely that one who previously voted for Trump will vote for a Democrat in 2020.

as a truly embarrassed vermonter, i just heard bernie say no billionaires will buy the election. how would they do that. i'm still digesting hillary lost because of comey and facebook. libs want to censor trump on twitter, seriously. now the libs are using twitter.

The same way Russia interfered in an election with a few Facebook ads that few read and no one has of yet said changed their vote. The only thing we know for sure is that if not for heavy democratic election tampering, Hillary would have likely lost to Bernie, would have likely been arrested for felony crimes, much less even run in the race much less won the popular vote which itself is even in doubt.

I never thought I would ever come to this conclusion and even as I type I'm sure I could be persuaded to change my opinion but today I am thinking we need to go to public funding of federal elections....all candidates get the same amount of revenue and ad space broadcast and print....mandatory radio and TV network donated time for debates....this monopoly board game style of federal government representation has got to end....add in term limits and we have a fix for what ails the nations politics.....
Long overdue. "Information" outlets should be closed to anything but public funding as well.

The same way Russia interfered in an election with a few Facebook ads that few read and no one has of yet said changed their vote. The only thing we know for sure is that if not for heavy democratic election tampering, Hillary would have likely lost to Bernie, would have likely been arrested for felony crimes, much less even run in the race much less won the popular vote which itself is even in doubt.
Your entire economic and political system is "in doubt", corruption is the law of the land.

• Banned
obama even did that... till things started rough. (sarah palin)

Last edited:

Your entire economic and political system is "in doubt", corruption is the law of the land.

Democrats have seized full power? They certainly are trying very hard, BoSquat.

• Banned

bernie doesn't talk about that, i think it was rude and selfish for him to run for senator again. bought a fancy house right on the lake too.

obama even did that... till things started rough. (sarah palin)
I remember that...but I didn't think he would hold to that commitment...he knew he would be presented with an event at an acceptable time in the campaign to go back on his word....in other words it was a stunt....I want firm rules and audits to assure the finance laws are followed....

Of course you can buy an election. If you are a billionaire, you can buy all the air time you wish. You can buy all the campaign web sites you wish. You can rent all the campaign offices around the country you wish.

You can buy all the campaign staff you wish.

You can definitely buy an election.

LET'S GET SERIOUS HERE. Just how does Russia "influence" an election? Think about it.
  • Most political ads are dishonest.
  • Many political ads contain 100% fabricated lies.
What is the worst that any Russian Facebook ads could be then, as bad as the worst of the other 99.99% of the ads out there? What fraction of political ads did Russia have as part of the political landscape in 2016? 0.001%? Where is the list of people who have been found through research to have been influenced (had their vote changed) by these ads? Any? And what state outcome would have been changed by these few people? Why don't we ever hear any of these questions being asked, much less answered? Why doesn't Congress ever take the matter up? How many studies of this have been published? How many millions in governmental focus groups have been devoted to solving this? What is the progress?

These are all questions that go back AT LEAST as far as 2012 when it was found that Obama was using the IRS to BLOCK Romney support groups (then went on to WIN the election that all thought he should lose).

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE that OTOH, the House thinks it necessary to impeach a president because he delayed funding a new government with tank-killing weapons a few weeks until he got to check them out, asked about any former corrupt participation in tampering in American elections, yet still never actually address THE ACTUAL ISSUE of election integrity?

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE that the House worries about election integrity EVEN AS THEY FIGHT to make it possible and legal for foreigners (illegal aliens) to participate in the ACTUAL VOTE and continually BLOCK all efforts at ramping up actual Voter ID voting integrity?

? ? ?

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE BEING SNOWED by this entire election / voter / impeachment fraud scheme! It is a media distraction to take away the fact that behind it all is the real effort to take election power out of the hands of the voter!

Last edited:

bernie doesn't talk about that, i think it was rude and selfish for him to run for senator again. bought a fancy house right on the lake too.

Just as Hillary was told to shut up and sit down in 2008 and your chance would come next, Bernie was told to get out of Hillary's way in 2016 otherwise he's never get another chance.

LET'S GET SERIOUS HERE. Just how does Russia "influence" an election? Think about it.
Right after the DNC email leaks, one third of Clinton voters said they were going to stay home on election day because of those leaks.

That's one of many ways Russia influenced the election.

Of course you can buy an election. If you are a billionaire, you can buy all the air time you wish. You can buy all the campaign web sites you wish. You can rent all the campaign offices around the country you wish.

Ummm I'm not sure I agree with that. I do agree with the central premise of Kennedy's citizen united opinion that so long as Americans know WHERE the money is coming from that pays for political speech, we're still smart enough to figure out the real message.

So, I don't see the danger in self-financing. Because people know where Bloomberg's money comes from, and he's not going to win if people perceive him drowning out other messages because he just wants to "buy" something. If they think his motives are pure, he could probably spend ten billion.

if so easily bought then why bother screwing bernie out of the nomination.(insurance?)
lot's of respective billionaires ((todays dollars) have lost ross perot comes to mind.. maybe not lot's but some. you're say blimberg will be president. don't count on bernie and the super delegates to stop him. what do we put on assbook to trick the democrats this time ?

Last edited:

Ummm I'm not sure I agree with that. I do agree with the central premise of Kennedy's citizen united opinion that so long as Americans know WHERE the money is coming from that pays for political speech, we're still smart enough to figure out the real message.

So, I don't see the danger in self-financing. Because people know where Bloomberg's money comes from, and he's not going to win if people perceive him drowning out other messages because he just wants to "buy" something. If they think his motives are pure, he could probably spend ten billion.
george soros would have been president 400 years ago. over saturation of media stimuli. people are fuckin sick of nasty ads, so they may have to think of something else. blumberg could maybe take everyone to hawaii for Christmas... somethin.like that.

100%
Absolutely.

If Mikey Bloomberg can't "buy" an election outside of NYC.... yeah... you need a CANDIDATE and CASH, not just CASH....

Just as Hillary was told to shut up and sit down in 2008 and your chance would come next, Bernie was told to get out of Hillary's way in 2016 otherwise he's never get another chance.

trump went right over the party, hillary's committee (dnc) was an anchor around her neck even after fucking bernie. if trump had come to cpac sixteen there would have been violence. i was there. bloomfield would have to do the same things with the democrats... which he why he's veering to run as an independent. that's were the fifty bil might be useful. still have to have the rothchilds.backstage...

A History of the Rothschild Family - Investopedia

https://www.investopedia.com › ... › Business Leaders › Rich & Powerful

Jul 27, 2019 - As a child, Rothschild lived in a house with about 30 other family members and learned about the business world at an early age. His father ...

Richest man alive Jeff Bezos could become the first trillionaire

https://www.cnbc.com › 2017/07/27 › richest-man-alive-jeff-bezos-could-be...

Jul 27, 2017 - Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has surpassed Bill Gates to become the richest person in the world. And he could soon earn yet another distinction.

The world's first trillionaire: Is it possible?

https://slate.com › business › 2013/11 › the-worlds-first-trillionaire-is-it-po...

Nov 22, 2013 - Warren Buffett, Mayer Amschel Rothschild, and Bill Gates. ... a day at a produce company to become the world's first billionaire a century ago, ...
The Dynasty of Rothschild | The Only Trillionaires ... - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com › watch

May 8, 2014 - Who is the Richest person in the world? Do you really think your government controls everything? How Rothschild became the richest family in ...

The Dynasty of Rothschild | The Only Trillionaires in the World ...

www.documentarytube.com › videos › the-dynasty-of-rothschild-the-only...

... in the world. Fun fact: not one of the Rothschild family members is listed on Forbes list of wealthiest people in the world. ... The Dynasty of Rothschild | The Only Trillionaires in the World. Business .... The term first appeared in the early 1970s.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back