How do I learn about Dogs ???

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
One poster recommended to me that I walk dogs for a living on a few web sites.
I do love animals

Does anybody know how I can learn about DOGS.
I really know zero about dogs.

Thanks,
Do the have community colleges course to learn about Dogs for dummies or something

I do love animals

Thanks,
Do the have community colleges course to learn about Dogs for dummies or something

Is this a derivation of the old, "Nobody Loves, Everyboday Hates Me"? Because it ain't working.

Is this a derivation of the old, "Nobody Loves, Everyboday Hates Me"? Because it ain't working.

What is so funny ???

I think I could make some money walking dogs.

I mean I cannot do anything else. I have back problems and I was a C student back in the day

Not much really to know except these two essential phrases:

1. Down boy!
  2. Good dog.

Screen Shot 2023-12-20 at 2.28.06 PM.png

I do love animals

Thanks,

You need to absolutely love dogs, and make absolutely certain that you have no fear of them, because if you do not, they will sense it and never give you a moment's rest.

My niece's idiot boyfriend fancied himself a dog breeder, and he proved that he was clueless about dogs when he allowed my little Mini Aussie to intimidate him! Every time they came over, my little 12 pound dog kept him pinned in the corner of the sofa the entire time he was in my home!

You could always be a training dummy for my dogs. You could replace my last one, god rest his soul.....

One job I was reading says I must .. " scoop out the litter box"

I think that must be poop. Do I scoop it out with what and where does it go.
Thanks

I have just gone to YouTube and typed in "How to walk dogs."

There were many videos, even one that explains how to set up a dog walking business.

By the way, don't forget: You will have to deal with people who may not be thrilled by your walking a bunch of dogs on the sidewalk.

Best wishes!

P.S. And remember: some clients may blame you if anything happens to their dogs. Be sure to find out about your legal liabilities.

.You need to absolutely love dogs, and make absolutely certain that you have no fear of them

Even more, you need to not fear them and have the ability to command them that they accept you as leader of the pack. I was walking once and passed a yard and this dog came charging at me barking apparently going to attack. It tried to establish dominance.

My reaction? I attacked it instead, running at it waving my arms yelling and growling loudly.

That dog stopped dead in its tracks and looked at me as if I had three eyes and five arms and just stepped off a UFO. It was dumbfounded. It didn't know what to do. I glared at it and told it it better get back to its house if it knows what is good for it and it did, looking back at me once over its shoulder as it sheepishly walked away.

A buddy of mine adopted a dog that had been abused by a guy. When I came over, he kept it in a cage because my presence made the dog bark fiercely trying to tear at me through the cage like it wanted to rip my throat out. After a couple times there, the dog recognized my voice and saw that I was a friend of his owner. That dog and I became best pals.

When with dogs especially big ones, you have to establish that you are the leader of the pack and you better be prepared to back it up by controlling them because if they don't trust and respect you, you could end up being their lunch.

I have just gone to YouTube and typed in "How to walk dogs."

There were many videos, even one that explains how to set up a dog walking business.

By the way, don't forget: You will have to deal with people who may not be thrilled by your walking a bunch of dogs on the sidewalk.

Best wishes!

P.S. And remember: some clients may blame you if anything happens to their dogs. Be sure to find out about your legal liabilities.

Great advice!

Even more, you need to not fear them and have the ability to command them that they accept you as leader of the pack. I was walking once and passed a yard and this dog came charging at me barking apparently going to attack. It tried to establish dominance.

My reaction? I attacked it instead, running at it waving my arms yelling and growling loudly.

That dog stopped dead in its tracks and looked at me as if I had three eyes and five arms and just stepped off a UFO. It was dumbfounded. It didn't know what to do. I glared at it and told it it better get back to its house if it knows what is good for it and it did, looking back at me once over its shoulder as it sheepishly walked away.

A buddy of mine adopted a dog that had been abused by a guy. When I came over, he kept it in a cage because my presence made the dog bark fiercely trying to tear at me through the cage like it wanted to rip my throat out. After a couple times there, the dog recognized my voice and saw that I was a friend of his owner. That dog and I became best pals.

When with dogs especially big ones, you have to establish that you are the leader of the pack and you better be prepared to back it up by controlling them because if they don't trust and respect you, you could end up being their lunch.

Facts all well stated.

Forum List

Back